WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker Accommodation Help

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Need inmate help on this. Last minute change of plans from friends in town from Scotland. They are coming back from Albuquerque and want to go to the river. I have not been to Parker or any part of the river since the 90’s.
They would like to stay in the motorhome for the experience. Problem there is I don’t want to use the motorhome to launch and would not have another vehicle to launch with. But would take it if it makes the experience a good one for them.

Not opposed to getting a room instead and being more mobile with an actual AC in the room. 😁
Would like a place with decent rooms.

Thanks in advance.
Frank

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Best of luck giving your Scotland friends a great vacation. When are you planning to be in town and what boat you talking about launching? I could be persuaded to come on down to give you a hand launching. Been wanting to take our boat out in Parker for some time now. 👍

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Hampton inn probably has the nicest rooms but not on the water. Blue water is the blue water but it is on the water.

JR provides rental trailers that they can deliver to any camp. But i believe they only have 1 ac so the experience may not be great depending on the weather.

If it were me, I would get a hotel room and plan from there. Much more comfortable experience.

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Best of luck giving your Scotland friends a great vacation. When are you planning to be in town and what boat you talking about launching? I could be persuaded to come on down to give you a hand launching. Been wanting to take our boat out in Parker for some time now. 👍
Still making plans but I will possibly be there early Friday with them showing up Friday afternoon/evening.
The launch help would be greatly appreciated. I will be in touch.
Thank you.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Need inmate help on this. Last minute change of plans from friends in town from Scotland. They are coming back from Albuquerque and want to go to the river. I have not been to Parker or any part of the river since the 90’s.
They would like to stay in the motorhome for the experience. Problem there is I don’t want to use the motorhome to launch and would not have another vehicle to launch with. But would take it if it makes the experience a good one for them.

Not opposed to getting a room instead and being more mobile with an actual AC in the room. 😁

Thanks in advance.
Frank
Stay at Sandbar Resort and rent one of their trailers. That way you can be on the beach and tow your boat with your tow vehicle. Here is the view of the campground from the water. You are literally 10' from your trailer to the water and grass in between. Love this campground.

sandbar resort.jpg

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
Frank
Staying at the Sandbar resort? I can get you launched if I know where and when..

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Staying at the Sandbar resort? I can get you launched if I know where and when..
Thanks Wheeler I will let you know.
Stay at Sandbar Resort and rent one of their trailers. That way you can be on the beach and tow your boat with your tow vehicle. Here is the view of the campground from the water. You are literally 10' from your trailer to the water and grass in between. Love this campground.

Thanks for the info. That may be the ticket.

View attachment 1128674

Icky

Reaction score
I'm at the bluewater RV park not sure if I'm bring my truck yet or not, but if I do I can. You can get a slip in the Marina for the weekend if you call ahead

Wheeler

Reaction score
Thanks Wheeler I will let you know.
Shoot me a text when you get a handle on time and location. The Sandbar would be my first choice. My sister even stays there when she visits and not with me.

grumpy88

Reaction score
What about the mobile home rental at road runner ?

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Shoot me a text when you get a handle on time and location. The Sandbar would be my first choice. My sister even stays there when she visits and not with me.
That was my next question. Is there a way for the boat to stay in the water?
Slip only or can it be beached in front to of the e campsite like at black meadows?

boatnam2

Reaction score
That was my next question. Is there a way for the boat to stay in the water?
Slip only or can it be beached in front to of the e campsite like at black meadows?
In Front, you have an Eddie there so its kind of nice if you happen to lose your boat in the middle of the night, ask me how i know.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Leaving your boat in the water is the thing to do.

The further down river you are the less water level fluctuation you see when the power generation shuts down at night.
If your up river and you beach it you could end up high and dry the next morning. Anchor where everybody else is.

Also I launched my boats at the Bluewater with my 32' motorhome a 100 times. Easy. You don't have to stay there to use the ramp. They might chase some money out of you, so I've heard.

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Leaving your boat in the water is the thing to do.

The further down river you are the less water level fluctuation you see when the power generation shuts down at night.
If your up river and you beach it you could end up high and dry the next morning. Anchor where everybody else is.

Also I launched my boats at the Bluewater with my 32' motorhome a 100 times. Easy. You don't have to stay there to use the ramp. They might chase some money out of you, so I've heard.
Thanks. Sounds like I'm good to go then.

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Fiends from Scotland eh? Make sure to take a pic the next day after after the heat and sunshine of that fine fair skin 🌞

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Fiends from Scotland eh? Make sure to take a pic the next day after after the heat and sunshine of that fine fair skin 🌞
They are in Albuquerque now and it’s 86* and overcast. Parker is going to be 111.
I already told him I expect them to be white puddles on the ground by the time we leave. 😁😁
Most Scots get sunburned watching fireworks.

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Having a great time out here. They have already gone through the sunblock they bought. Picking up more. Daughter ended up driving my truck out pulling the boat. She’s 19 first time pulling a trailer. 👍🏾
6CD4C1C9-9E08-41F5-A299-258C5CB728BC.jpeg
2B5F1B6C-BE80-4F9F-B81C-1F4A58BFD30D.jpeg
DF6DC875-82F6-4B92-95DB-F65543AEDC76.jpeg
F8162AAB-17DA-4C57-B0D8-4643C01B8134.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Having a great time out here. They have already gone through the sunblock they bought. Picking up more. Daughter ended up driving my truck out pulling the boat. She’s 19 first time pulling a trailer. 👍🏾
Welcome back! Don't stay away so long next time!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to see that you were able to get on the water. 👍

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad you guys had a great time. My BIL was a couple of spots down with his wife, 2 kids and their buddy.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Frank, you still here?

I should be on the beach at Big Bend all day. Swing by!