WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker boat races 3/18-19

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I saw this photo on facebook. The first thing I thought was i know those boots! Do they last a life time or do you buy them by the gross? :)

I just replace with the same model every few years. My feets know what they like!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Just imagine the insanity that would ensue if we put those two together!

🤣🤣🤣

This is by far the wildest personality dog I’ve ever had. I’ve come to find out every Frenchie I’ve encountered since I got Nacho is they’re all wild in their own way. Such a wild breed. I thought my Boston Terrier was hilarious. This one far exceeds it lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
These weekends are always series or string of interesting experiences, challenges and opportunities to learn and grow. I left last Tues. to head out to my house in big river to do some work on it, play golf on thursday and get into the pits as early as possible for a good pit spot. I finally get loaded up, it's raining pretty good and about 11am. I hop in my duuurtymax, the trash truck is in front of my so I wait. I fire it up, glance down at the dash gauges and the DIC says oil pressure low. I look at the gauge and yup...nuttin....
I yell......noooooooooo...... you f'n bastard. I flip the dash off and my heart sinks. haha The truck sounds fine and normal. the previous week my gauge read like 10 lbs going down the freeway one night for a bit while I was talking to my wife. The truck ran/sounded normal so I continued down the freeway to my destination and after stopping for dinner for a few the oil pressure resumed normal readings so I figured it was just the dash cluster, stepper motor etc. this is the 3rd dash cluster, It's had a hicup or 2.
The trash truck leaves and so do I, fuuuuuk it. It aint stoppin me from gettin to this race. I get down the freeway and decide I may be settin myself up for a much bigger and more expensive disappointment like a tow bill from the middle of nowhere/desert or worse and the major loss of time...I aint gots no time for sitin the desert waitin on a damn tow truck etc. haha Enterprise truck rentals is in Ontario over by the auto dealerships off Jurupa and the 15fwy. I swing on in there and see about 5 truck sittin there, cool. I go inside and ask what's available? I need to rent a truck. I esplain to them I rented a 2021 Dodge there last June to go to the Burley Idaho Race (blew a steering pump hose the day before leaving and I less than zero time, energy or desire to attempt a repair) and asked if they had the info to duplicate? lets make this as quick and painless as possible. they pull it and yup here you go. What truck would you like? we have a ford, a couple dodges a duramax right here all lined up and ready to go. Not wanting to waist any precious time I ask for the dodge because I know it worked fantastic last time I aint into trying to figure anything else out right now. I just want to transfer my enclosed trailer, my chit in the cab some tools from the bed box and gtfo here. The guy hands me the ipad thingy to sign the contract and says oh ya, no smoking and no animals. Okie dokie, my 95 pitbull's in the back seat of my truck. again, fukit we're a goin. It's now dumping rain. My truck is pulled off to the side of their building out of view of the office building. I drop the encl. there, pull my truck over into the neighboring parking lot. I pull the rental up next to it and start transfering shit from my truck. I'm getting soaked. I put down blankets and towels in the back seat floor area, leash up meatball so he doesn't decide to wander to pee or something and expose us and get him in the truck. I slam my sway-away hitch in, back up to the trailer and see that the hitch is way higher than my truck. F' me! F' it, jack this this trailer up, hook up, check the lights and go, we'll see how it tow's and deal accordingly. I throw the sway bars in the bed, put my compressor in there tie down and roll. I'm completely soaked and cold now......f'n awesome. I lost a little over an hour in total. I get to the 15 fwy and it's backed up. Cool, I can breath for a moment and try to figure shit out if I have issues. Alls well so far. I get on the 10 fwy E. and it's rolling out. Great, lets see what we have to deal with here. Are we going to get away with this or do we have more shit to work out?

Oh boy. Can't wait for part two!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This is by far the wildest personality dog I’ve ever had. I’ve come to find out every Frenchie I’ve encountered since I got Nacho is they’re all wild in their own way. Such a wild breed. I thought my Boston Terrier was hilarious. This one far exceeds it lol

So imagine this if you will...

I'm not a dog guy. I've never owned a dog. And this is what I get to start with?!?!?

He's 10mos now. We walk 3 to 5 miles a day and he Never gets tired.

This fucker is almost Always on a dime bag of whites!!! 😱🤣🙄😜

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
The Games Frenchie is one mean sumbitch! It corrals all the others dogs then beats 'em up ! 🤣

Wheeler

Reaction score
So imagine this if you will...

I'm not a dog guy. I've never owned a dog. And this is what I get to start with?!?!?

He's 10mos now. We walk 3 to 5 miles a day and he Never gets tired.

This fucker is almost Always on a dime bag of whites!!! 😱🤣🙄😜
I figured it to be OC's dog. Your dog is cool!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

OC has a Australian Shepherd. It's a super cool dog.

This Frenchie is off the charts. He's already at 32lb.

Screenshot_20230321_185603_Instagram.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

This is pretty much how Dak is most of the time. 🤦‍♂️

Wheeler

Reaction score

That's F'n Funny! I bet your kids are relieved that you've gotten a new hiking buddy! :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Damn dog threw a whip 🤣

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That's F'n Funny! I bet your kids are relieved that you've gotten a new hiking buddy! :)

Nope. No relief for them...

My daughter and her boyfriend RUN up to that fargin flag pole, while I'm dying trying to catch up!

This getting old shit really blows. 😡

wzuber

Reaction score
It towed pretty good up to about 65-70 then things got a little squirrely. Good enough, we can deal with this, not in a big hurry anymore. Previously, I had the boat backed into the trailer so a lot of tongue weight with all the full tool cabs up there, spare parts etc. Recently I turned the boat around due to too much tongue weight for my truck hitch and I plan to add a spare eng. in there pretty soon. It's not over loaded I just don't like the way it droops currently.
Nice job this weekend Warren. Wish I could’ve been out there to support you and the team. You did us lower river boys proud.

We’ll catch up soon!
Thx bud. I look forward to hearing about your baja racing adventures. Did i miss a thread on the results of your event?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Thx bud. I look forward to hearing about your baja racing adventures. Did i miss a thread on the results of your event?

The Norra 1000 begins end of April and ends on May 5th, Cinco De Mayo, in Cabo lol. I’ll start a thread when we get closer.

timstoy

Reaction score
chu got that right tim. lol
Those jet boat boys are quick out of the hole. It was a blast racing with the Dillworth family. They all race clean, professionally and respectfully. I had a blast learning from them. They were pitted next to us so we got a little acquainted this weekend. They are another awesome family of racers out of Idaho mostly and a few from Utah.
I look forward to racing with them on their home course in Burley Idaho in June. That's such a great event and venue.
They'd pull me pretty good down the straights but I'd reel them in the turns pretty good. Really taught me to push deeper into the turns. The upriver turn, turning into the current, typically runs pretty good/ smooth if/when I enter it deep and tight on the turn buoy. The down river turn (where most of the crashes occur) is a good bit different. Going in is ok if ya miss the holes or get the boat locked down real good but when ya get to the middle of turn the current starts to carry the boat, the boat pushes out and I really have to wrestle the wheel around up into the current. If/when I hit wakes exiting the turn the boat typically lifts/hopps/skips outward and I have to lift momentarily to resettle it to get it to rotate and then hammer down to exit into the chute. Too often I try to rush it and start to let up on the plates to accelerate off and the boat will push out there as well, then I have to re-plate it and sometimes lift some until it gets right then hammer and go and I lose precious ground.
As you well know, we only have these limited race moments to "practice" these scenarios, turns etc. On asphalt tracks you can work through a bumpy turn as many times as you can afford.
We started racing in Burley in the early eighties and found out if you needed anything Glenn Dillworth was the man to see! Glenn has helped many of racers and he was a very competitive CJ racer himself. Over the years Glenn’s son’s started racing CJ and are also very competitive in CJ as well. The Comp jets can spin out in the turns as you found out. It’s hard racing against different classes and you are not familiar with the different drivers but some classes have mixed boats. Congrats to you and the Dillworth’s on a successful weekend!

wzuber

Reaction score
It towed pretty good up to about 65-70 then things got a little squirrely. Good enough, we can deal with this, not in a big hurry anymore. Previously, I had the boat backed into the trailer so a lot of tongue weight with all the full tool cabs up there, spare parts etc. Recently I turned the boat around due to too much tongue weight for my truck hitch and I plan to add a spare eng. in there pretty soon. (It's not over loaded I just don't like the way it droops currently) Anyway, obviously it all worked out ok.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
All I know is we tried to go upriver 5x on Sunday and they just wouldn't break for traffic. I actually felt bad for the guy holding the south end with his real nice toon.
He said they were trying hard to get all the racing wrapped up.

That stretch of the strip is difficult to spectate the race as Windmill runs you off so you have to go across the river.
At least that was the case with the last boat drags. We seem to time our river trips to river shutdowns. LOL.

Hopefully someone on here took home some money. 👍

wzuber

Reaction score
We started racing in Burley in the early eighties and found out if you needed anything Glenn Dillworth was the man to see! Glenn has helped many of racers and he was a very competitive CJ racer himself. Over the years Glenn’s son’s started racing CJ and are also very competitive in CJ as well. The Comp jets can spin out in the turns as you found out. It’s hard racing against different classes and you are not familiar with the different drivers but some classes have mixed boats. Congrats to you and the Dillworth’s on a successful weekend!
Thanks Tim. I was a little apprehensive in the first heat with the cj's as they throw off a little bigger wake and of course their spinout potential. What I didn't anticipate was the roost when they hammer it out of the corners and I'm coming around tight outside their wake behind them. The wash down was refreshing as it was hot out there in the driving suit but the disrupted vision from a wet face shield and the potential to stall the eng.
All I know is we tried to go upriver 5x on Sunday and they just wouldn't break for traffic. I actually felt bad for the guy holding the south end with his real nice toon.
He said they were trying hard to get all the racing wrapped up.

That stretch of the strip is difficult to spectate the race as Windmill runs you off so you have to go across the river.
At least that was the case with the last boat drags. We seem to time our river trips to river shutdowns. LOL.

Hopefully someone on here took home some money. 👍
Took home $$$? Surely you gest. All this shit is for bragging rights unless somebody puts up grudge $ or sponsers a class or classes like I did last year at this race.

wzuber

Reaction score
One last comment here that goes to OC'M post. Ross announced next yr. We're back at bluewater. They will let us race there again. They, the tribes, agreed to accept the previous insurance requirements so the club can afford to race there again. So OCM, you and all the other recreational boaters got your river back. Cheers

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
One last comment here that goes to OC'M post. Ross announced next yr. We're back at bluewater. They will let us race there again. They, the tribes, agreed to accept the previous insurance requirements so the club can afford to race there again. So OCM, you and all the other recreational boaters got your river back. Cheers
FYI a couple months ago La Paz Park hosted SUP races from Pirates to Parker Dam and back with full Sheriff support. No wake the entire day. That was interesting and something new.

So many reasons this is better. One being tradition....Blue Water is where the races happen. I'm in my mid 50's and back when I was a kid I remember sitting on the BW beach watching the "circle boat races." Another being boat control. We were told that several just ran through the closed course. Being held on the wrong side can become a challenge but we didn't put ourselves in that position because we knew better.

Hopefully this all works out for you all and CRIT holds up. You may have to race wearing a mask. 😁😁

Congrats again on your accomplishments and many more to come.

wzuber

Reaction score
FYI a couple months ago La Paz Park hosted SUP races from Pirates to Parker Dam and back with full Sheriff support. No wake the entire day. That was interesting and something new.

So many reasons this is better. One being tradition....Blue Water is where the races happen. I'm in my mid 50's and back when I was a kid I remember sitting on the BW beach watching the "circle boat races." Another being boat control. We were told that several just ran through the closed course. Being held on the wrong side can become a challenge but we didn't put ourselves in that position because we knew better.

Hopefully this all works out for you all and CRIT holds up. You may have to race wearing a mask. 😁😁

Congrats again on your accomplishments and many more to come.
the racers prefer BW too for many reasons such as fewer boat wakes, no river flow holes going into turn 3, wider so more boats can race in each heat, no boat wakes bouncing off the retaining walls on the Cali side making turn 3 really rough and the toolies on the cali side down there provide for a soft landing should a racer have to divert their course for some reason. These are but a few, there's many more as I'm told. I've yet to race there as this is the beginning of my second year in this sport.

Wheeler

Reaction score
the racers prefer BW too for many reasons such as fewer boat wakes, no river flow holes going into turn 3, wider so more boats can race in each heat, no boat wakes bouncing off the retaining walls on the Cali side making turn 3 really rough and the toolies on the cali side down there provide for a soft landing should a racer have to divert their course for some reason. These are but a few, there's many more as I'm told. I've yet to race there as this is the beginning of my second year in this sport.
Some said that the course is dangerous and decided skip this race.

wzuber

Reaction score
Some said that the course is dangerous and decided skip this race.
aint nuthin safe about this sport. Letting a few bumps in the water stop ya seems a little silly but I'm just a over zealous newbie so what do I know? lol

The first couple laps in practice on Sat. morning were really difficult for me, I was extremely uncomfortable in the boat and almost pulled off the course and said f'it, I can't do this. My P brain was struggling, vacillating and then I thought one more lap, so I did, then one more a little faster, about 4500 rpm and it went well, as I exited turn 4 I said f'it and matted the loud pedal to turn 1, drove pretty hard through 1&2 and then just went after it for about 5-6 laps, each one getting a little better, setting up the turns better, settling it, plating it decelerating correctly thru the turns, off the throttle, then on again, figuring it out, learning where/when and how much I could pick up the throttle. I had to just do it and not really "think" about it. Crazy the difference from day 1, lap 1 to the conclusion of the weekend, very emotional. Crazy how much I learned with each heat and how well I actually drove each heat throughout the weekend, I could never have imagined that for myself, not in a million years and certainly not at this stage of my racing career. What an experience.
Despite having run my boat for 15ish minutes for a shake down after the crash, I thought I would be ok. I've spent the last 4 mos. thinking about it, reviewing all my thoughts, choices etc. that led to me crashing and how I could prevent it from happening again. I guess that got to me a bit.

Last edited:

Wheeler

Reaction score
aint nuthin safe about this sport. Letting a few bumps in the water stop ya seems a little silly but I'm just a over zealous newbie so what do I know? lol
The first couple laps in practice on Sat. morning were really difficult for me, I was extremely uncomfortable in the boat and almost pulled off the course and said f'it.
You might feel different if you were in a cracker. the speeds they are running nowadays is a bit sketchy :eek:

wzuber

Reaction score
You might feel different if you were in a cracker. the speeds they are running nowadays is a bit sketchy :eek:
Great point, agreed, absolutely.
Those guys have the biggest balls on the planet! period! haha
Both the drivers and passengers are next level without a doubt.

It was great to see Eric Sammons out there this weekend. What a stud he is. Goes from a broken pelvis, femur, ribs etc. in Nov. last year to 85% heald is pretty amazing. Tough as nails with a great attitude and mindset.

I know every time I get in my boat to race it may be the last thing I ever do on this planet. Given my druthers, I'd rather die doing this while "living on my feet" than on a freeway or some other way at the hands of some stupid asshole or slowly, painfully rotting away to my disease.

wzuber

Reaction score
I'll post up more pix on facebook after i finish work for the day.

View attachment 1211284 View attachment 1211285 View attachment 1211286
more awesome pix Wheeler. What a great way to show the boat name off........bow down, tail up on the prop and Mr. Big Stuff in full display. haha
Look at that mixed up water. One thing that kinda sux about racing is I don't get to spectate so much. Always so busy with prepping the boat when running 2 classes but I desperately need the seat time.

timstoy

Reaction score

The first couple laps in practice on Sat. morning were really difficult for me, I was extremely uncomfortable in the boat and almost pulled off the course and said f'it, I can't do this. My P brain was struggling, vacillating and then I thought one more lap, so I did, then one more a little faster, about 4500 rpm and it went well, as I exited turn 4 I said f'it and matted the loud pedal to turn 1, drove pretty hard through 1&2 and then just went after it for about 5-6 laps, each one getting a little better, setting up the turns better, settling it, plating it decelerating correctly thru the turns, off the throttle, then on again, figuring it out, learning where/when and how much I could pick up the throttle. I had to just do it and not really "think" about it. Crazy the difference from day 1, lap 1 to the conclusion of the weekend, very emotional. Crazy how much I learned with each heat and how well I actually drove each heat throughout the weekend, I could never have imagined that for myself, not in a million years and certainly not at this stage of my racing career. What an experience.
Despite having run my boat for 15ish minutes for a shake down after the crash, I thought I would be ok. I've spent the last 4 mos. thinking about it, reviewing all my thoughts, choices etc. that led to me crashing and how I could prevent it from happening again. I guess that got to me a bit.
I think your reaction getting back in the boat after a accident is perfectly normal. In my opinion you have to have respect for your race vehicle be it boat, car, or motorcycle. If you are afraid of your race boat it is probably time for some soul searching. As you stated boat racing and racing anything is inherently dangerous, unfortunately l have witnessed many accidents some fatal. Jay Hart’s accident at Long Beach hit me hard. We raced K boats with Jay’s dad, Duff and the Guthrie’s. I was on the ramp and said good luck to both Jay and Duff and watched Jay and Duff fist pump and got in their boats to do battle. I was watching on the ramp with the Guthrie’s when the accident happened and we knew it wasn’t good. I talked to Duff briefly after he got back to the ramp and of course he was very shook up. Being involved with boat racing for over fifty years you see families grow up with second and third generation racer’s Including our family. I call them my boat racing family and with that comes highs and lows that all families have. Racer’s know the dangers involved with racing, you just put it in the back of your mind and go racing.

wzuber

Reaction score
Badassery right there dude. I wish I had the balls to just ride in one of those boats for a heat. I was talking to Johnathon Camaro at the awards banquet (sp?) he owns/drives the SE 420 boat. He is a rider/observer in one of the crackers, P24 I believe? He said it's an incredible rush and very challenging to just hang on. He said they never stop bouncing and moving about which is what most of us observe and like/ admire about them. Riding in one was the empitous to him buying his SE boat.
He said " they tell you to hang on with your finger tips and not fully grab the handle bars so that you can release easier/quicker if/when you go out."
Badass bud.....that aint for me. Haha
I would like to just go for a ride in one for practice lap or 2 but no way can I hang for an actual race. Big respect to those that can and do.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Badassery right there dude. I wish I had the balls to just ride in one of those boats for a heat. I was talking to Johnathon Camaro at the awards banquet (sp?) he owns/drives the SE 420 boat. He is a rider/observer in one of the crackers, P24 I believe? He said it's an incredible rush and very challenging to just hang on. He said they never stop bouncing and moving about which is what most of us observe and like/ admire about them. Riding in one was the empitous to him buying his SE boat.
He said " they tell you to hang on with your finger tips and not fully grab the handle bars so that you can release easier/quicker if/when you go out."
Badass bud.....that aint for me. Haha
I would like to just go for a ride in one for practice lap or 2 but no way can I hang for an actual race. Big respect to those that can and do.
at times Riders are needed as ballast. I'll let you know next time they ask me and you can take my spot.

IMG_0674.JPG

wzuber

Reaction score
at times Riders are needed as ballast. I'll let you know next time they ask me and you can take my spot.

View attachment 1211625
Great pic of Camaro as he prefers to be called. He's a really cool dude and is doing well with his new program. It's fun having him in the class and field. His Starfire boat runs fixed cav. Plates. That's a whole nutha type of driving and speed control right there, much like the cracker box boats.

instagator

Reaction score
You are exactly right ,First one was great, croaked at 6....Second one is afraid of the rain hitting a roof top, pisses in her bed.

Attachments

• BB0C3182-04CD-44A7-AFEB-1C4481F56B49.jpeg
    BB0C3182-04CD-44A7-AFEB-1C4481F56B49.jpeg
    562.9 KB · Views: 26

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

A friend of mine after being sideways 3’ off the ground at 218mph, jumped in a much slower car and made another pass. You want to settle down as much as possible before the post adrenal ptsd sets in!👍