WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker circle boat races

timstoy

Reaction score
Heard the Games Boys Cracker Box and Warren Zuber got wet this weekend. I hope everyone is ok!

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
We stopped by briefly on Friday. Saw the K Boat time trials as well as some Classic Endurance (SE) and crackers heats. Didn’t get to stick around long enough for the GNs but it seemed to be a good turnout.

While there we heard the announcer talking about driver confusion on the flying start so it’s like a lot of new blood in the sport which is good to keep it going.

Saw quite a few ski racing peeps either driving or helping teams. Stevie Davis drove a SE boat, so did one of the Hooker clan. Wilson Motorsports was supporting a few teams, including Buckles’ nice K Boat. Talked to them about them getting their combo figured out and they went out and got third.

The K Boats are still the best from a speed and noise perspective, but it’s not the same as it once was (when they ran nitro instead of methanol, and the course was longer). Just glad not to see mufflers.

Edited: went Friday not Saturday.

Last edited:

Clank123

Reaction score
Heard everyone is fine.
Not exactly.
My brother Eric Sammons was the rider in the Games Boys Cracker that went over yesterday morning.
He suffered a broken Femur..,

99A1693E-C8C2-4F9C-B0C9-3CBD1628733E.jpeg

As well as multiple fractures in his pelvis along with a broken rib or two.
He had surgery this morning in Havasu and is doing well.
They inserted a rod down his leg and they hope to get him up and moving tomorrow.
A real concern is his pelvis which is very sore and will take a fair amount of time to heal.
My 2 brothers as well as myself and my Dad have all been boat racers and we have all had accidents except my middle brother. It’s just part of the game.
You do it long enough and run hard…good chance it’s going to happen.
It’s always so tough to see friends hurt and killed, you really never get over it. But you get back out and do it because there’s really nothing like it!
Appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my brother as he recovers.
What’s cool is, we will probably both now have “the boat racer limp”!😂

Don’t think I’ve ever seen more incidents in one weekend, I think there were 7, which included 6 flipped boats.
Other than some aches and pains all the other drivers and riders, I believe are ok.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Not exactly.
My brother Eric Sammons was the rider in the Games Boys Cracker that went over yesterday morning.

View attachment 1175798
They inserted a rod down his leg and they hope to get him up and moving tomorrow.
A real concern is his pelvis which is very sore and will take a fair amount of time to heal.
My 2 brothers as well as myself and my Dad have all been boat racers and we have all had accidents except my middle brother. It’s just part of the game.
It’s always so tough to see friends hurt and killed, you really never get over it. But you get back out and do it because there’s really nothing like it!

Don’t think I’ve ever seen more incidents in one weekend, I think there were 7, which included 6 flipped boats.
Other than some aches and pains all the other drivers and riders, I believe are ok.

That's pretty serious! Sequeira sent me the x-ray which looks bad to me. Hopefully Eric is back on a surfboard soon and without complications. Boat racing is more dangerous than most realize.

termiteguy

Reaction score
I was at pirates late yesterday afternoon and watched a boat roll over driver popped up really quickly which was nice to see. They having difficulty getting the boat surfaced and pulled it over to shore. I'm just curious if the got it out last night or this morning it starting to get dark

cofooter

Reaction score
Not exactly.

View attachment 1175798

Damn! Prayers for Eric, Dave and family!!!

timstoy

Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone didn’t get too banged up. Hope Eric heals quickly. As boat racers say been wet or will be wet It’s just a matter of time! I agree with Dave you never get over someone getting killed or seriously injured but the racers know the risks going in.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… never been tossed, but I’ve come close with my Sanger Circle Runner…

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
Not exactly.

View attachment 1175798

Prayers sent for your Brother. Get well soon !

rivergames

Reaction score
Boat is Ok without damage, but I'd much rather have a damaged boat over damaged friends.

My dad and grandpa stopped by this morning in the Havasu Hospital to check on Eric. He has high spirits and wants to get the hell out of there.

Our whole team is super bummed out. Shitty race weekend

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Good to hear he is in good spirits. A fractured femur and pelvis can change your life. best wishes to him.

wzuber

Reaction score
Not exactly.

View attachment 1175798
As well as multiple fractures in his pelvis along with a broken rib or two.,

Bummed to see this happen to Eric, Dave. Glad it wasn't worse but this is certainly a bad break. Between the pelvic fractures, femur break and broken ribs that's a lot to deal with at the same time and going to be a painful recovery. I hope Eric heals quickly and completely. We'll keep him and his recovery in our thoughts. Glad to hear he's in good spirits and has the support of a great family and friends. See ya back there in March for the season opener.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Glad to hear in good spirits. Hope recovery goes well. Scary.

I'm pretty sure the cav plates are fixed on Cracker boxes.. That thing looks like it was running on the nose? @rivergames is that normal?? or when they slow for the turns do they bury in like that, and then start the hop down the straights? I've never been in one before so I'm not sure how the setup works.

RD

timstoy

Reaction score
Bummed to see this happen to Eric, Dave. Glad it wasn't worse but this is certainly a bad break. Between the pelvic fractures, femur break and broken ribs that's a lot to deal with at the same time and going to be a painful recovery. I hope Eric heals quickly and completely. We'll keep him and his recovery in our thoughts. Glad to hear he's in good spirits and has the support of a great family and friends. See ya back there in March for the season opener.
Warren how are you doing? You also took a wild ride.

wzuber

Reaction score
Warren how are you doing? You also took a wild ride.
I'm ok, sore fr/bk ribs on my left side, hurts to cough, sneeze etc. sore left shoulder & wrist. I'm just trying to learn all i can from the videos and stills out there. All the footage is from the Az. Side of the course. Appears the boat rolled over top of me. I was focused on the inside boat and basically missed the turn. Abt. The same time i tried to turn in i hit 2 boat wakes. The first wake bucked me up out the seat and boat to the right side. I tried to run along side but wasn't fast enough, I'm no gazzelle..lol
Resized_20221126_214651.jpeg

Here's a little glimps of whole story.
I got very lucky here. My safety eq. Saved my bass.....see my hooves below the bottom of the boat just aft of the turn fins....
I think the boat decided it could do a better job w/o me and said gtfo chump....
I got this......oh..wait, maybe I don't....ahh fukit...haha
What a learnin esperience ima gettin here...

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I'm ok, sore fr/bk ribs on my left side, hurts to cough, sneeze etc. sore left shoulder & wrist. I'm just trying to learn all i can from the videos and stills out there. All the footage is from the Az. Side of the course. Appears the boat rolled over top of me. I was focused on the inside boat and basically missed the turn. Abt. The same time i tried to turn in i hit 2 boat wakes. The first wake bucked me up out the seat and boat to the right side. I tried to run along side but wasn't fast enough, I'm no gazzelle..lol View attachment 1176512
I got very lucky here. My safety eq. Saved my bass.....see my hooves below the bottom of the boat just aft of the turn fins....
I think the boat decided it could do a better job w/o me and said gtfo chump....

Glad to hear it wasn’t any worse ! Wishes for a speedy recovery !!!

timstoy

Reaction score
Glad to hear your injuries are not major but broken, bruised ribs are still very painful. I know you have analyzed the video and your own recollection of the accident and sometimes you just get in a zone and things happen. When I saw the video I thought the throttle was stuck open. Wishing you,Eric and others a speedy recovery.

DUN

Reaction score
I'm ok, sore fr/bk ribs on my left side, hurts to cough, sneeze etc. sore left shoulder & wrist. I'm just trying to learn all i can from the videos and stills out there. All the footage is from the Az. Side of the course. Appears the boat rolled over top of me. I was focused on the inside boat and basically missed the turn. Abt. The same time i tried to turn in i hit 2 boat wakes. The first wake bucked me up out the seat and boat to the right side. I tried to run along side but wasn't fast enough, I'm no gazzelle..lol

Glad you're OK. You're getting the full experience that is for sure!

Thoughts with Eric Sammons as well.

wzuber

Reaction score
Glad to hear your injuries are not major but broken, bruised ribs are still very painful. I know you have analyzed the video and your own recollection of the accident and sometimes you just get in a zone and things happen. When I saw the video I thought the throttle was stuck open. Wishing you,Eric and others a speedy recovery.
Thx....nothing broke here but my pride just bruised/strained muscles...

rivergames

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the cav plates are fixed on Cracker boxes.. That thing looks like it was running on the nose? @rivergames is that normal?? or when they slow for the turns do they bury in like that, and then start the hop down the straights? I've never been in one before so I'm not sure how the setup works.

RD

We were about 150 feet out of the turn.

Angle of the camera is hard to tell, but we were at the bottom of a swell.

Our driver rode the swell to long from the boat he wanted to pass that was in front of him and it grabbed the boat and didn't let go.

When getting over a swell in a cracker, you need to QUICKLY get over the swell. No riding the swell. Aim for the swell and hop over it in lieu of running parallel into the swell.

Plates are fixed. Can't step on the down peddle and use that as a brake like the other classes of race boats.

Clank123

Reaction score
Thanks for thinking of him.
Good news is he was released from the hospital yesterday.
They ran a rod down his leg to get the femur lined up. X-ray shows they got the break fairly square, just a tiny offset due to the angle of the break.
He is recovering at our sisters house in Havasu.
Gonna take some time for the pelvis to mend.
He’s ready to head back to Carlsbad now, but I had to play the big brother card and “urge” him to stay a few days out there before traveling. 300 miles is a long way with the injuries he has.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers.
Dave

wzuber

Reaction score
Thanks for thinking of him.
Good news is he was released from the hospital yesterday.
They ran a rod down his leg to get the femur lined up. X-ray shows they got the break fairly square, just a tiny offset due to the angle of the break.
He is recovering at our sisters house in Havasu.unds like he's on
Gonna take some time for the pelvis to mend.
He’s ready to head back to Carlsbad now, but I had to play the big brother card and “urge” him to stay a few days out there before traveling. 300 miles is a long way with the injuries he has.

Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers.
Dave
Thanks for the update Dave. Sounds like he's on the mend and ready to get back to his life and that's a good thing.....moving forward. Clearly he's in good hands.

Sherpa

Reaction score
sorry to hear so many incidents for this event.... very sorry to hear your brother Eric got hurt so bad Dave. Good job being the big brother in keeping him local
rather than the 300 mile trip home.. He's gonna certainly want the "good pills" prior to that ride home.. Maybe even use an RV/motorhome he can lay down in
for the ride.....

--Sherpa