WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker drag, boat races

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Was my first time at Pirate's Den. We were pitted out in the dirt at La Paz, which I hadn't been to since a truck run back in 1994. lol.
Pirate's patio is a really cool spot, it was maybe 100ft from the starting line. I ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent. My favorite part of the whole weekend was driving my boat from the launch ramp, past the bar and out to the holding rope. Seeing all those peeps on the patio with drinks in hand was really cool. I wish more racers drove their boats out because it would have made for a better show and reduced the amount of time between races.
The only issue we had with the boat was a cracked cylinder head, which was leaking water under the valve cover. We discovered it after our first pass on Friday during the test n tune session. We borrowed a space heater to heat up the head, then cleaned it and smothered it in JB weld, which held up all weekend long.
Overall, I couldn't have had more fun unless I did something that sent me to jail. Most of my old boat racing friends were there helping out in my pit. We were number 1 qualifier in the Quick Eliminator class and we took Second Place in that class and the 660 shootout class, losing the final round to Kjel. His boat is a monster and although I treed him, he drove around me by .08 second for the win. I made a few videos for my Youtube channel. The first one is live now and the second will be live later today. Here's the first one:

Did you get the alternator deal sorted out? I was texting with Berry off and on all weekend. I really wanted to come out, but life just got in the way!

Hooray for JB Weld! 🤣👍🏼

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
Nice. Looking forward to the 19th. 👍🏼
The video on the 19th will be much longer. So much more happened throughout the weekend and my friend Chris was filming and editing the short videos during the race. We were so busy that nobody remembered to eat lunch but days and Because we made it to the finals in both classes he didn't have much time to sit in the rv and edit. He was really busying running back and forth from the shoreline to the pit! lol