WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker Enduro Link....

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
It is not a handicapped race. All boats start at the same time and boat with most laps wins over all. Pretty simple and fair racing. Much better than the handicap way it was run in the past where a 65 mph boat could win overall and a 110 mph boat that finishes the race gets screwed out of there rightful win. With handicaps it went from being an endurance race to being a joke. Now the fastest boats compete for an overall win while the rest of us are competing for a class victory. This lets everyone get out and be competitive in their class and have fun racing, while the fastest boat that finishes wins the King of the River. Just my 2 cents

Yep this is the way it should have always been done, just like Baja racing (SCORE BITD or the rest)

Overall is overall, and class is class.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you were watching the race but @War Canoe got a shout out from the announcers with about an hour left in the race.

Nice to hear we got a shout out...
Honestly, I miss the Parker race .
Who knows , maybe one day we will bust out with another effort. I love driving hard...
I love passing boats...
I love finishing that race, it is a true accomplishment. We had a strong team...
Scarlata...
Big Steve
Myself
Wild Bill
Bully
Fester
And a host of others that helped out.

39282F8F-401E-4138-A5C6-FB645228F3E0.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It is not a handicapped race. All boats start at the same time and boat with most laps wins over all. Pretty simple and fair racing. Much better than the handicap way it was run in the past where a 65 mph boat could win overall and a 110 mph boat that finishes the race gets screwed out of there rightful win. With handicaps it went from being an endurance race to being a joke. Now the fastest boats compete for an overall win while the rest of us are competing for a class victory. This lets everyone get out and be competitive in their class and have fun racing, while the fastest boat that finishes wins the King of the River. Just my 2 cents

When did it change to that on the overall?

I hated that handicap bullshit when I put it on, and when I fought to get rid of it

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
I think it's in it's third or fourth year...pretty sure. It basically came from all the hassle of the handicap but also to get all boats starting at once off the beach. This is a race that evolves with every year..it had to be played with for a long time. That part sucks and so does making boats sit on beach due to rules. This 110 speed deal also plays into strategy...Gary's 17 boat can run the number but the Nordic is on cruise at 108 and 109..so they are always going to be tough...unless a breakage occurs..Gary was exemplary in his driving..Nothing from Haig and Dunsmore. They were flawless also. This race will never make everybody happy...but when you look around you see many smiles. I think Tony S said it best...it's a laid back group of people having a blast..

lbhsbz

Reaction score
There were 3 boats in our class...we could’ve taken a lap, put it on the trailer and finished 3rd...but instead...

A couple rods decided they weren’t having any more of this shit at about the 55 minute mark. Cool, at least we’re third...aww fuckit, let’s throw on the spare power head so we can get back out there...and finish 3rd. We jammed and had the thing running in 30 minutes...but the shift linkage got fucked up so we only had forward...and maybe neutral...stick it in the water and fire it...it’s in neutral...driver taps the pedal and it clicks into gear. Fawk...got the shifter and throttle cables flopped. Flip the around on the ramp and zip tie everything together, now the battery is dead...and we’re in forward...no neutral. Can’t very well jump the battery and hop out when we’re firing it in gear, so yanked the cowling and jumped straight to the solenoid and block...it fired and the cables popped off as the boat took off.

Cool, time for a break...nope, boat quits coming around the bottom turn...ran out of electrons.

Can’t change the battery without pulling the fuel tank and we just poured 35 gallons in that bitch...whip up some jumpers and strap another battery down in a hurry to anything we could find using 4 blocks of wood to hopefully it’ll stay there for a bit..., back in the water, it started, it finished. One of the battery tie down straps was wrapped around the prop when we pulled it out.

...we finished 3rd. Lol.

Hell of a weekend. We do this for the love of the game.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
There were 3 boats in our class...we could’ve taken a lap, put it on the trailer and finished 3rd...but instead...

A couple rods decided they weren’t having any more of this shit at about the 55 minute mark. Cool, at least we’re third...aww fuckit, let’s throw on the spare power head so we can get back out there...and finish 3rd. We jammed and had the thing running in 30 minutes...but the shift linkage got fucked up so we only had forward...and maybe neutral...stick it in the water and fire it...it’s in neutral...driver taps the pedal and it clicks into gear. Fawk...got the shifter and throttle cables flopped. Flip the around on the ramp and zip tie everything together, now the battery is dead...and we’re in forward...no neutral. Can’t very well jump the battery and hop out when we’re firing it in gear, so yanked the cowling and jumped straight to the solenoid and block...it fired and the cables popped off as the boat took off.

Cool, time for a break...nope, boat quits coming around the bottom turn...ran out of electrons.

Can’t change the battery without pulling the fuel tank and we just poured 35 gallons in that bitch...whip up some jumpers and strap another battery down in a hurry to anything we could find using 4 blocks of wood to hopefully it’ll stay there for a bit..., back in the water, it started, it finished. One of the battery tie down straps was wrapped around the prop when we pulled it out.

...we finished 3rd. Lol.

Hell of a weekend. We do this for the love of the game.

Sounds about right lol. Awesome job.