Parker Enduro Link....

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
IMG_1708.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Any Results? i was down in the shop running machines and missed the last hour or so of the race

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
That Nordic boat is healthy. Corbin won the ski race. Congrats to everyone who ran and ithank you for keeping this alive.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
That Nordic boat is healthy. Corbin won the ski race. Congrats to everyone who ran and ithank you for keeping this alive.
You ain't chitin, that thing was fast and ever so smooth. How in the hell do those guys in the flatties do that chit for 4 hours?????

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
You ain't chitin, that thing was fast and ever so smooth. How in the hell do those guys in the flatties do that chit for 4 hours?????

Used to be a 9 hour race back when men were men lol. Seriously though the flatty guys are hard core.

The gel on the eliminator looked alot like @HydroSkreamin boat.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Used to be a 9 hour race back when men were men lol. Seriously though the flatty guys are hard core.

The gel on the eliminator looked alot like @HydroSkreamin boat.
Oh I know, I was there for a whole bunch of them in the 60's and 70's. We'd watch the start and about a couple hours worth then go out and ride our dirt bikes. Come back later in the day and watch what was left, not much. Lot's of attrition back then. Looked like lot's of dropouts today also in the first hour. What happened to Scarlata's deal??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How did that Lamborghini boat run? That thing is BAD ASS!!

old rigger

Reaction score
How did that Lamborghini boat run? That thing is BAD ASS!!

It didn’t. Was there just to oogle over. I talked to Jerry Gilbreth who owns and built it (GMT) for a little bit. We worked together at Hawaiian and maybe Tahiti before that, can’t remember for sure, and he said it hauls ass. They were having some problems with the dash read outs but I think he said at ran over 120 on 60% throttle. He’s spent 3 yrs rigging/making parts for it.
It a was great to see him and he made my day by saying some great things about my dad as they were riggers together back at those shops.

fmo24

Reaction score
That steering post is a give away that gilbreath had something to do with the rigging. All his boats got the driver clear of the dash

hallett21

Reaction score
Did I miss who won?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Dat 312 boat hung in there tho.

Thanks for the shout out. We are still working on getting the speed back (motor fell off the boat last year, broken jack plate) and got the most out of the current set up. Need more testing time, should be stronger next year.

Taboma

Reaction score
Saw on other pages it was team Nordic followed by Justified

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait What ? You mean a whacker didn't win ? That's really cool good for them both
thumbs up.png

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
It didn't look like too many boats.
Anybody know where the stoker with Pxrthis finished?

pixrthis

Reaction score
It didn't look like too many boats.
Anybody know where the stoker with Pxrthis finished?
We were breaking in a brand new motor for the first hour due to dealing with fire at home and then had the fuel tank come apart at the seam. Switched the fuel lines to the saddle tanks and threw an ear off the prop when we went back in. Spun the hub on the next prop so we called it a day. The Stoker with the late model Evinrude was hauling ass and it’s great to see more v drives finishing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Adjust the rules again? What’s that mean?

I’d expect the question is rhetorical, but the answer is it is a handicapped race.

If one gets out too far ahead they typically adjust the handicaps..

Are they not changing the rules anymore?

Taboma

Reaction score
I/O followed by a twin turbo v drive!

Depending on how far ahead they were they will adjust the rules again.

Both Nordic and Justified must have been very careful and carefully colored within the lines this year --- excellent.

A question --- That Lamborghini V-12 powered boat, which I'd sure love to hear run. How do they prevent water from the exhaust running back down into the cylinders after it's shut-off ? Do they have a switched solenoid or is it RPM controlled so it shuts off prior to shut-down ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Both Nordic and Justified must have been very careful and carefully colored within the lines this year --- excellent.

A question --- That Lamborghini V-12 powered boat, which I'd sure love to hear run. How do they prevent water from the exhaust running back down into the cylinders after it's shut-off ? Do they have a switched solenoid or is it RPM controlled so it shuts off prior to shut-down ?

The water never dumps into the exhaust. They are jacketed but near the tips you can see on the bottom of the exhaust the water dumps into a stainless tube and then down a black hose on each header. The exhaust itself is dry.

(Looking at the pics anyways).

N of the rvr

Reaction score
I’d expect the question is rhetorical, but the answer is it is a handicapped race.

If one gets out too far ahead they typically adjust the handicaps..

Are they not changing the rules anymore?
It is not a handicapped race. All boats start at the same time and boat with most laps wins over all. Pretty simple and fair racing. Much better than the handicap way it was run in the past where a 65 mph boat could win overall and a 110 mph boat that finishes the race gets screwed out of there rightful win. With handicaps it went from being an endurance race to being a joke. Now the fastest boats compete for an overall win while the rest of us are competing for a class victory. This lets everyone get out and be competitive in their class and have fun racing, while the fastest boat that finishes wins the King of the River. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
The water never dumps into the exhaust. They are jacketed but near the tips you can see on the bottom of the exhaust the water dumps into a stainless tube and then down a black hose on each header. The exhaust itself is dry.

(Looking at the pics anyways).

Oh OK, I thought the upper tube was spraying water at the tip into the exhaust exiting the tip. Your routing scheme makes sense.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
It is not a handicapped race. All boats start at the same time and boat with most laps wins over all. Pretty simple and fair racing. Much better than the handicap way it was run in the past where a 65 mph boat could win overall and a 110 mph boat that finishes the race gets screwed out of there rightful win. With handicaps it went from being an endurance race to being a joke. Now the fastest boats compete for an overall win while the rest of us are competing for a class victory. This lets everyone get out and be competitive in their class and have fun racing, while the fastest boat that finishes wins the King of the River. Just my 2 cents
As long as they don't break out?

guest hs

Reaction score
That Lamborghini Rayson Craft is really cool! I would have that that a guy that manufactured exhaust systems for a living would have done a cooler looking tail pipe set up then that.

sintax

Reaction score
That Lamborghini Rayson Craft is really cool! I would have that that a guy that manufactured exhaust systems for a living would have done a cooler looking tail pipe set up then that.

Yea, i felt that exhaust left a lot to be desired as well. Really seemed like a half ass after thought, esp with a machine with so much style and engineering.