WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker Enduro Practice Session

River Runnin

Reaction score
Is BlueWater marina open? I'd kinda like to slip the boat for a couple days!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
With What boat?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

the 193, It was just way tooo fast and stealthy for me to get off the scaffold and grab a camera! :eek::eek:

I hear that they are breaking in the new Merc. 2250 engine, the "Overlord". :oops:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is all I got.

20201024_134356.jpg
20201024_134614.jpg

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Wheeler, you always deliver.

That pic of the dam is cool. Any idea if that was first fill or the year of the flood?

Nobody ever believes me when I tell them it’s the deepest dam in the world.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
the 193, It was just way tooo fast and stealthy for me to get off the scaffold and grab a camera! :eek::eek:

I hear that they are breaking in the new Merc. 2250 engine, the "Overlord". :oops:

they went from 1750 to 2250😳

Wheeler

Reaction score
they went from 1750 to 2250😳

I doubt it it but it sure sounds good, thanks for playing along. ;)

Wheeler, you always deliver.

That pic of the dam is cool. Any idea if that was first fill or the year of the flood?

Nobody ever believes me when I tell them it’s the deepest dam in the world.

I think that photo is from '41.

sintax

Reaction score
all of this is bumming me out. I wont be able to make it out this year for it.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Any word on where the turns will be set up for the race?
In front of La Paz, and down to Riverland, according to what we in the ski race crowd hear. There has been some arguing about making the turn areas wide enough for water ski racing.

Wheeler

Reaction score
In front of La Paz, and down to Riverland, according to what we in the ski race crowd hear. There has been some arguing about making the turn areas wide enough for water ski racing.

When was the last time ski races were held at Marine Stadium?

obnoxious001

Reaction score
When was the last time ski races were held at Marine Stadium?
The difference is, now the ski race boats are larger, and not designed to turn on a pin like the old flatbottom circle race boats. The last time I saw ski racing at the stadium was much more of an exhibition and some "fun" races, relays and such, at the water ski racing reunion there years ago. When they did race there, I recall boats up on the rocks a number of times.

Wheeler

Reaction score
The difference is, now the ski race boats are larger, and not designed to turn on a pin like the old flatbottom circle race boats. The last time I saw ski racing at the stadium was much more of an exhibition and some "fun" races, relays and such, at the water ski racing reunion there years ago. When they did race there, I recall boats up on the rocks a number of times.

Back in the 60's I remember quite a few Crackers up on the rocks. I also remember 9 boats per heat, now they are lucky to get that many boats per event.

Maybe @Skyskier can chime in and tell us some stories of how it was back in the day. 😁

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I don't think that is the down river turn. Things could have changed, but I know the down river ambulance is staging on the Keys II launch ramp. Must be going to at least Riverland.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
I would hope for the turn down there, but read 2.8 miles pin to pin. that puts the up river turn a little below roadrunner. the way it looks to be set up there will be no turns other than the bending line just above emerald. this one will be about all out speed with little set up effort put into getting the boat to turn. Don't have a dog in this fight any more, but we spent a lot of time getting our boat to hold speed thru the turns. those long straights give you time to start thinking..........hmmmm why isn't my boat going faster? leaving you with the up button:eek:. going to be different for sure. hoping everyone stays smart and safe.

bogeygolf

Reaction score
How does river access work this weekend if you are staying at a place within the limits of the race?

Wheeler

Reaction score
How does river access work this weekend if you are staying at a place within the limits of the race?

Get on the water before the race starts and enjoy the day at the bar ...the sand bar. 😁

Reactions: DWC

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I don't think that is the down river turn. Things could have changed, but I know the down river ambulance is staging on the Keys II launch ramp. Must be going to at least Riverland.

Isn't that the same course from back when I crashed out at your place? Like '97 '98?

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Isn't that the same course from back when I crashed out at your place? Like '97 '98?

Could have been the same. I think that was the year Jim Russell from Havasu ( Desert Steel Motorsports ) put on the race out of La Paz park.

It doesn't really matter, I won't be in a race boat. Just floating around in the ski boat towing boats in as they break. I am kind of old school and really enjoyed driving back in the day when it was the whole 13 mile course. The big course is what made the enduro to me, this is just a big sprint course. Maybe this would be fun in a 5 litre hydro with a big fuel tank.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
There was earlier talk about Riverland, but word we got as ski racers was Bass Point, shown on a map.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
My guess would be river closed Saturday Roadrunner south to the lower entrance to the Keys for river traffic and launching. Spectators likely to watch from the last right hander traveling north at the Keys.

Wheeler

Reaction score
My guess would be river closed Saturday Roadrunner south to the lower entrance to the Keys for river traffic and launching. Spectators likely to watch from the last right hander traveling north at the Keys.

With Emerald Cove being closed off it just might be the safest the river been in years. 😁