WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker Enduro

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Who's going, who's running? I'll be spectating, staying at Pirate's Den. First time for us and first river trip without a boat. Looking for the hot tips for viewing/enjoying the event.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are they doing the short course down by blue water? The long course I put on? Or the north course out of LAPAZ?

white tortilla

Reaction score
I’m racing division 4 with my dad. The course is up by La Paz down three miles to emerald cove and back. October 30th.
5D7DDABA-A344-4BC8-A3A3-471A5AA70FB6.jpeg

Wayn-o

Reaction score
We will be there. Maybe watching from the pontoon at the bottom of the course or on the grass at Patria flats.
Sucks its not running out of blue water. The turn around at the top of the course was right at our beach / docks.

guest hs

Reaction score
Who's going, who's running? I'll be spectating, staying at Pirate's Den. First time for us and first river trip without a boat. Looking for the hot tips for viewing/enjoying the event.
Did you sell your boat?

cofooter

Reaction score
Make sure you get there on time to watch them all start off the beach. Coolest sight ever. It starts I believe around 11:30.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
If you feel like helping out, I'm laid up this year and the guys I usually crew for could probably use a hand. DIV 2 / GMT outboard MOD VP. let me know and I can connect you with (what's left of ) the team.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Did you sell your boat?
Yeah, it was a good run. But used boat prices being what they were and the crowds being what they were, it just made sense. For now anyway.
If you feel like helping out, I'm laid up this year and the guys I usually crew for could probably use a hand. DIV 2 / GMT outboard MOD VP. let me know and I can connect you with (what's left of ) the team.
Very cool of you to offer. I don't know what exactly I could bring to the team short of being a gopher. But it sounds like a great opportunity. Watch for PM.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a good run. But used boat prices being what they were and the crowds being what they were, it just made sense. For now anyway.

Very cool of you to offer. I don't know what exactly I could bring to the team short of being a gopher. But it sounds like a great opportunity. Watch for PM.
It’s an outboard…it needs launched, retrieved, and fuel added on occasion. Maybe not even the last one…they may be the only one in class so technically each driver could take a few laps then pull it out, put their feet up and drink beer the rest of the day for a first in class finish.

azsunfun

Reaction score
was a gret turnout last year, if at lpaz again get to pirates early.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I plan on being there helping out GN 757 (Hullshot / High Power Marine). This is a new build. Drivers will be Don Dunster, Dog of Dog & Andy V-Drive Show, and Chris Kenner.

Attachments

• 20210926_092440.jpg
    20210926_092440.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 90

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

You might even be able to be the pit stop time keeper, which is very important. If you get back in the water before the designated time, you get penalize a lap or something.

Also, there will be two ski races in the morning prior to the enduro. A few of the skiers will be pretty quick!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
You might even be able to be the pit stop time keeper, which is very important. If you get back in the water before the designated time, you get penalize a lap or something.

Also, there will be two ski races in the morning prior to the enduro. A few of the skiers will be pretty quick!
I hope to help pit for Pat's crew. Time keeper sounds about as popular as an umpire. I'm really looking forward to the event.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I hope to help pit for Pat's crew. Time keeper sounds about as popular as an umpire. I'm really looking forward to the event.
Member of the crew watches time during the stop to help insure they don't get penalized, important job. Race officials have to radio from the out ramp to the in ramp to keep track of all the boats. I can't recall if it was 11 or 12 minutes minimum out of the water last year, heard it may be 15 this year so it's not quite so hectic moving around the pits.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Member of the crew watches time during the stop to help insure they don't get penalized, important job. Race officials have to radio from the out ramp to the in ramp to keep track of all the boats. I can't recall if it was 11 or 12 minutes minimum out of the water last year, heard it may be 15 this year so it's not quite so hectic moving around the pits.

You driving in the ski races again ?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Appreciate it...thanks.

There are a lot of seemingly remedial jobs in a race like this, but they all need to be done and done right by someone or else everything falls apart. The first time I crewed...my job was to unbolt the seat and reposition it for the driver change. We had 4 guys that year. One was in the truck, one was on fuel, one was on the stopwatch and checked/tightened hardware, and I did the seat. I realized I'd woke up at 4 AM to drive out from Long Beach just to take out 4 bolts and put them back in, twice, then turned around and drove home. Kinda felt like an idiot, but it needed to be done and someone had to do it. I think we got 2nd in class that year.

Swain

Reaction score
Who laid that hull up? My buddy has been trying to get one but everyone has this lame story that it takes 4058 people to get the ok through.
I plan on being there helping out GN 757 (Hullshot / High Power Marine). This is a new build. Drivers will be Don Dunster, Dog of Dog & Andy V-Drive Show, and Chris Kenne

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I may have to head out for this been a while.

guest hs

Reaction score
Lol, YOU put on? Really??

Uh.. yes? Am I missing something? Or is someone else claiming they did that for three years?

RD
I maybe wrong but I only recall you putting one on maybe two. The last one you tried to cancel and Ross offered to take it back over. How do you cancel a race that’s been going on nearly every year l for the past 60 years? I know you changed the course length, all that did was take a boring race and make it even more boring. Not sure what you mean by bringing the lemans start back? I have seen starts like that at the enduro.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Every year? No. Then it turned into a long circle race.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Who laid that hull up? My buddy has been trying to get one but everyone has this lame story that it takes 4058 people to get the ok through.
An existing hull was re-rigged. It isn't a brand new hull. I said new, because it is a new boat for the owner. His dad also has a Rush that was a GN back in the day.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I maybe wrong but I only recall you putting one on maybe two. The last one you tried to cancel and Ross offered to take it back over. How do you cancel a race that’s been going on nearly every year l for the past 60 years? I know you changed the course length, all that did was take a boring race and make it even more boring. Not sure what you mean by bringing the lemans start back? I have seen starts like that at the enduro.

Well Shane you’d be wrong.. lol.

I’m waiting for outboard Rick to comment before I school ya.. but race number 4 was the one that I was gonna cancel and it basically boiled down to two of the primary sponsors getting their dates mixed up. One had a hunting trip, the other had a fishing trip.

Doesn’t sound like much.. but I’d happily explain to you why it was if ya really want to know. 🤪

As well as the “why” I got involved in it to begin with.

Which if I could rewind my life…. 👀

I stand by my statements above.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was kinda looking forward to this.. I called both race directors as well.

🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨

Gay as usual

Don’t worry I will address it in full shortly.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
You driving in the ski races again ?
Not this year, too many things to have to join and pay for just to run a very limited number of races. More fun to use my money for the skiing we do in the mornings, and target shooting in the desert.

azsunfun

Reaction score
thanks dave for all the events you do support, its a great event with lots of moving components and sponsors, fun times, great people, awsome boats!🚤 really does'nt matter who paid, dit it happen?