WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker fire

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Sad deal for sure. Someone shared this to me.
Part_2.jpeg

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Sad deal.. I was just parker in front of those trailers a few nights back..stopped into check out the bar since reopening..

Rondog4405

Reaction score
It was cool. Nice n clean. I ordered some food at mi tierra and jumped across the street for a few drinks while I waited. The bbq smiled great. I'll be trying that out next trip out there for sure

NicPaus

Reaction score
There was 3 or 4 cop cars or emergency vehicles in front of Sundance last night. Sheriff told us it was a fatal car accident being investigated.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
We rolled by there around 4:30 in the morning on our way home from Havasu and saw all the fire trucks and police cars didn’t know what happened. Sad to hear

NicPaus

Reaction score
It's a possibility that the one in the UTV is somebody I know. Waiting on details if anyone has connections at La Paz and can get a solid answer PM me. We had Sheriff come by. He only would say they were investigating a fatality in a collision. Missing person that I know has not turned up and possibility it's him.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Yeah. Not sure what happened yet. It was a crazy weekend.

Started Saturday with someone trying to boatjack us at the gas dock. Sunday a camper caused a bunch of issues stalking some teenagers. Then this on Monday.
Pretty much every holiday weekend at the river.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Yeah. Not sure what happened yet. It was a crazy weekend.

Started Saturday with someone trying to boatjack us at the gas dock. Sunday a camper caused a bunch of issues stalking some teenagers. Then this on Monday.
How did I miss all this? though I'm happy I did.

rrrr

Reaction score
God the bad news this morning. Should of never happened.

Things change in an instant, and the living must deal with the pain and the question...why?

Sorry to hear you are affected by the accident. As for the fire fatality, what a terrible outcome.

May the deceased rest easy.

:(

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Sorry about your friend. May he RIP.

That area needs to be cleaned up. Just like the area behind Road runner. A fire starts in one and there’s no way to put it out before a whole row is on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Sorry about your friend. May he RIP.

That area needs to be cleaned up. Just like the area behind Road runner. A fire starts in one and there’s no way to put it out before a whole row is on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem with these areas, is that they're leftovers from the Yuma County days. All of the Lakesides. The old trailers, wiring, footprints, set-backs, property lines, additions, etc. are all grandfathered in. Back in the days when the Building Inspector signed things off over the phone from 120 miles away, or when they did actually show up to a site, all the owners had to do was make sure that the Inspector saw fifth of Jack being placed in the cab of his truck.

NicPaus

Reaction score
"boatjack us at the gas dock" Details?
A pontoon loaded down blocked in the boat at gas dock. They were making threats to the kids, my GF and 2 others on board and yelling at them to get off the boat. 1 older shaved head under the influence passenger jumped on board. He pushed his way to the driver's seat and tried to fire it up. When he couldn't figure out how to start it he threw the keys to another guy on the toon. The lanyard got caught on the Bimini strap. I was on gas dock fueling boat. Friend in store. One of the kids grabbed the keys. The guy then threw him down on bow of boat and jumped on him. I jumped on board and grabbed his arm as he went to hit kid in the back of the head. I told him you are about to hit a kid who is a minor. Occupants on the pontoon who some were clearly long term drug addicts that looked like they have been using speed for 20 years realized he assaulted a minor and started yelling for him to get back on boat we need to get out of here. He squared up with me and I would say he realized he fucked up. He jumped ship and they sped off. Sheriff boat got them down by foxs.

We saw them again Sunday and when the tables were turned and they were outnumbered there attitude changed quickly. I had about 40 friends that would of taught them a solid lesson about attacking a kid. Almost sent the kid over to bitch slap him but little dude was still traumatized.

kurtis500

Reaction score
A pontoon loaded down blocked in the boat at gas dock. They were making threats to the kids, my GF and 2 others on board and yelling at them to get off the boat. 1 older shaved head under the influence passenger jumped on board. He pushed his way to the driver's seat and tried to fire it up. When he couldn't figure out how to start it he threw the keys to another guy on the toon. The lanyard got caught on the Bimini strap. I was on gas dock fueling boat. Friend in store. One of the kids grabbed the keys. The guy then threw him down on bow of boat and jumped on him. I jumped on board and grabbed his arm as he went to hit kid in the back of the head. I told him you are about to hit a kid who is a minor. Occupants on the pontoon who some were clearly long term drug addicts that looked like they have been using speed for 20 years realized he assaulted a minor and started yelling for him to get back on boat we need to get out of here. He squared up with me and I would say he realized he fucked up. He jumped ship and they sped off. Sheriff boat got them down by foxs.

We saw them again Sunday and when the tables were turned and they were outnumbered there attitude changed quickly. I had about 40 friends that would of taught them a solid lesson about attacking a kid. Almost sent the kid over to bitch slap him but little dude was still traumatized.
Should have found a way to beat him within an inch of his life. If you could have

Echo Lodge

Reaction score

Damn, think it was a rental toon? Anything recognizable to keep an eye out for? Also sorry about your friend in the UTV accident.

cofooter

Reaction score

And the sheriff's did what? Not much I assume if they were at it again the next day?

NicPaus

Reaction score
And the sheriff's did what? Not much I assume if they were at it again the next day?
The sheriff's were nice especially the water guys that led them back up so we could ID them. The land guy was cool but he sided with them I guess he doesn't know how to spot a dope phene. One of them he questioned even had a "fuck the police" tat across her face. He told me they sad I was hitting on them as well which I should of done the way ended. Other Sheriff said after they let them go I would of had to do a citizen arrest and they could of turned around and did the same to us and we would all go to jail. A different 1 told my friend the kids parents would have to do a citizen arrest because he was a minor but his parents were not there.

We should of never even called them. They wasted 2 hours of our time. I just wanted to have a beer as I didn't have to drive my boat for a change. We could of taught a lesson when we saw them again and were not outnumbered. The sheriff didn't see it go down so can't blame them for not arresting them even though there were numerous witnesses. It would of been a he say she say in court that I don't have time for. Now it makes for one of those river stories. That one time we almost got boatjacked.

All 3 instances turned out sheriff should not of been called. The camper was stalking my friends kids. He also started a fight 4th of July weekend. There was 20 Dads ready to woop his ass. A little street justice would of taught him. He actually started up again later that night tried hitting security over the head with a bottle and ended up in jail.

My River neighbor had a mental issue. Sheriff had him in back of his unit. We asked him to hold him but he released him 15 minutes before his Dad arrived. Not sure how he ended up on other side of river in a utv. Friends had him detained as he was losing it and could of tied him up until his dad arrived. He was clearly 5150. I have hung out with him numerous times. Apparently just lost 2 close friends, a few family issues and job loss put him over the edge. I just wish I would of showed up before the Sheriff to help calm him down. Feel terrible for his Dad and Brother. I was searching for him with the Dad and saw the units across the way and got that shitty feeling something was wrong.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Fires, assaults on kids, pervs stalking girls and a younger gentleman pretty much taking his own life or being depressed enough to risk doing so...
F' me, that's a rough couple of years, let alone a couple days.
@NicPaus , I hope the kid from your group is ok, and I hope you don't run into the tweakers on the water. Going to court for stuff like could have happened sucks, but sometimes a risk that gets taken.
I hope the family's of those lost find some peace. It may not be soon, but hopefully they find it.

Stay safe all. This world is getting weird.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Like Boatnam posted. Typical holiday weekend Lol. We are used to the campers causing problems every holiday. Usually repeat customers of the park. Constant change of employees they cannot keep track of who has been 86 from the park. Or they just rent a camp site in there friends name. They could care less about anyone but themselves and it shows. That csmper should of never been in the park after what he did 4th of July weekend.

Luckily we have a solid group of homeowners who all get along and look out for each other. Friends that are more like family. Our security guard is retired LEO and does a great job keeping the issues under control. Easy to avoid the holidays. We had a Italian dinner night that my GF was part of planning and We hosted it along with my neighbors so we were committed. Had similar BBQ party the 4th. We will feed all the homeowners and any fire, BLM or LEO out there working
20210904_194657.jpg

RVRKID

Reaction score
Like Boatnam posted. Typical holiday weekend Lol. We are used to the campers causing problems every holiday. Usually repeat customers of the park. Constant change of employees they cannot keep track of who has been 86 from the park. Or they just rent a camp site in there friends name. They could care less about anyone but themselves and it shows. That csmper should of never been in the park after what he did 4th of July weekend.

Luckily we have a solid group of homeowners who all get along and look out for each other. Friends that are more like family. Our security guard is retired LEO and does a great job keeping the issues under control. Easy to avoid the holidays. We had a Italian dinner night that my GF was part of planning and We hosted it along with my neighbors so we were committed. Had similar BBQ party the 4th. We will feed all the homeowners and any fire, BLM or LEO out there working View attachment 1047591 .
Damn wish we would have come by on Italian night looks great. Pretty sure I drank way more than I ate.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Damn wish we would have come by on Italian night looks great. Pretty sure I drank way more than I ate.
Ed mentioned that. I totally forgot to stop by after the bs Saturday. I pulled up next to him Monday on my ski. Not sure if you were on board.

Only took my boat out Sunday. My GF was over riding on the friends boat. Had a boat load of kids as my deck hands. They probably didn't want to ride on the other boat after what they went through Saturday. They sure stepped up to the plate when docking and cleaning the boat. And appreciated the day boating with all there river friends.

NicPaus

Reaction score
What gas dock was this??
Echo. I fueled up at Big Bend next day so kids would feel comfortable. Swiping the card 4 times to fill up gets old but the buy 1 get 1 at boutique was nice. Got 8 hats, 5 board shorts and a pair of Reefs for me and a bunch of stuff for my Nieces and Girlfriend.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Echo. I fueled up at Big Bend next day so kids would feel comfortable. Swiping the card 4 times to fill up gets old but the buy 1 get 1 at boutique was nice. Got 8 hats, 5 board shorts and a pair of Reefs for me and a bunch of stuff for my Nieces and Girlfriend.

Echo has gas on the water now? Never realized that!

cofooter

Reaction score
Fill up at Pirates, cheapest gas on the river, less tweakers and no rollers crushing you boat

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yesterday morning around 4 am, there was a fire in the trailer park next to the Sand Bar on 95/Riverside drive. At least 3 trailers gone and one fatality. Sad deal.
Funny thing I was thinking how nice it was the Colorado River folks got through a holiday weekend without a fatality.... the summer started pretty deadly with what body count? 8? And then it got quiet till this one.

mobldj

Reaction score
echo gas dock on a saturday is not for the timid,river is a fucking washing machine there and shit gets tossed like linda lovelace was in the boat.lol