WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker guys what year and location on the Parker Strip.

TCHB

Reaction score
The picture is my wife's grandfather driving his boat. I am trying to figure out where on the Parker Strip he is and about what year. I think that is Buckskin on the left side. He said they would stay at Big Bend?

Attachments

• Parker Dan Mef.jpg
    Parker Dan Mef.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 210

Groper

Reaction score
Sweet Boat :thumbsup, I'd say late 60's early 70's

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
It looks like right before the narrows on the way up to the dam.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Looks like where all that grading has been going on up by the dam. 1972.

grumpy88

Reaction score

I would say no because of the small mt on the right side . I agree with the rest of your comment though

TCHB

Reaction score
Echo is on the right??

92 cole

Reaction score
The picture is my wife's grandfather driving his boat. I am trying to figure out where on the Parker Strip he is and about what year. I think that is Buckskin on the left side. He said they would stay at Big Bend?
I would bet that is about 1965 pulling away from the gas dock at big bend. If you come around the corner you would hit foxes floating bar and then red rock. Also he is heading down river. Foxes and red rock are on the az side. When I was that young my family moved from polanesian village to big bend. Those were great days on the river. Across from there would now be buckskin. Now I am dating myself. My first river trip I was in diapers and I am 58 years old as we speak. so I have over 50 years history on that stretch of water and some at black meadow landing on havasu. Mark

TCHB

Reaction score
Looks like the turn at buckskin.

Yes Buckskin on the left and Echo on the right. Those were the days people camped with no Air!!! My wife's grandfather was a tough guy that would not let anything slow him down.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I got a few trips in a tent and back of truck in the 80's, hard core for sure.

TCHB

Reaction score
I got a few trips in a tent and back of truck in the 80's, hard core for sure.

I rode with my buddies on Yamaha 250 Enduros to the Parker Strip and slept on the picnic tables. We thought it was so much fun out on your own. We were all juniors in high school. Good days!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Here is a old pic I copied from a River neighbors post about Echo.

My first river trips in HS were to Echo. Then I got my own boat and made it to the La Paz truck show, one of 2 boats the other was the Orange Howard Cat with Silver Navigator on bags. Had a line of chicks lined up all weekend to go for a boat ride they could care less about the mini trucks. I rolled out with my Friend who is also currently a owner at Echo in his old south wind towing my Tahiti. I passed out on ride and when we stopped for food all he bought was a lot of beer, no food for 4 days only drinking I slept in the Tahiti each night. From there I started staying at Big Bend with Veedriven in his minnie winnie MH. Never thought or dreamed I would leave Naci and end up back at Echo.

Attachments

• Echo 1970.jpg
    Echo 1970.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 83

NicPaus

Reaction score
cool pic!

I have been meaning to get some copies to blow up from my neighbor there was some at Paradise that were suppose to be framed. Neighbor used to be in AF and would veer over Echo when flying in and out of 29 Palms and has some killer pics. The other neighbor has a ton of good aerial pics as well.

AFUEL7067

Reaction score
Back when this picture was taken the first bar you would have got down river from Big Bend was Rum Runners .....

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score

I agree with you, and that's a lot of grading off the top off a nice hill....not to mention some new boulders dropped into the shallows..:grumble:

DickieB

Reaction score
1st time to PARKER, 1964, Hallett flattie with a 389 Pontiac and straight pipes. Stayed at the double deck ramadas at the old Bluewater. Fun times and a hell of a lot less traffic and tweakers....😎

TCHB

Reaction score
We bought are first mobile home on the water at Stifflers RV Park in 1981. There was a total of 12 mobile homes in the Park and a big bushy area next to us. Well fast forward to now, it is Called Emerald Cover RV Park and Mobile home park. From 12 to over 400 spots in one area.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
We bought are first mobile home on the water at Stifflers RV Park in 1981. There was a total of 12 mobile homes in the Park and a big bushy area next to us. Well fast forward to now, it is Called Emerald Cover RV Park and Mobile home park. From 12 to over 400 spots in one area.

My first trips to the river were to Tommy Kinders camp in the late 50's early 60's as a very little guy. Made the trip in our station wagon pulling the Patterson with big caddie engine. Still have movie pics of our times there.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I started at Crazy Horse, and we moved down to Parker a bit later. Some of these pics look so very different!

I'm guessing because the big flood changed a whole lot of things?

Need to get Denny in on this thread...

rvrrun

Reaction score
Yes Buckskin on the left and Echo on the right. Those were the days people camped with no Air!!! My wife's grandfather was a tough guy that would not let anything slow him down.

We would do the same, no air, sleeping on picnic tables, as soon as the sun peeked, you were on the water to avoid the heat.

Great pic and stories.

dryhoze1

Reaction score

I should of asked in my other post

Beautiful boat !
Any info on the boat ?
Year,make,motor ?

Love the early pics :thumbsup

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
My first time on the strip was at Big Bend in the very early 60s. My Dad's friend (Jack Bessent - LA Co FF) had a mahogany Chris Craft, had that third seat back at the transom. Beautiful boat. Launched it, made one pass at speed and it took a dump. Had to rent a small OB boat for the rest of the weekend.

TCHB

Reaction score
You dont see many pictures of the Californian upper far right of photo cool shot .....

I remember watching them tear down the Californian in the early 80s.

wishiknew

Reaction score
my first trip was 1959 Tom's Landing Learned to ski that weekend :D:D:D

NicPaus

Reaction score
I remember watching them tear down the Californian in the early 80s.

One of my River Neighbors Parents started out there. Lots of cool River stories. Damn I need a River trip like no other longest I have gone in summer without one. Working when I should be playing.

Strabo

Reaction score
'70's........Location? I dunno. My Dad's work buddy's had a cabin 2 miles from Parker, Indian lease. The pic looks like that era from memory only. I was just a kid but it was a important part of my life, I just didn't know it then.

I remember a bar I think called the Sportsman near where dad and stepmom mom would drink.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
To me....

The pics looks like it is pointed downriver, at what would be the right turn you would have to make if you were boating from the dam, at the lower end of the straightaway from dam.

I feel pretty confident of this, since I had a home at the dam for many years, before buying a larger home downriver.