WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker mobile home

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
So the wife and I have been tossing around the idea of purchasing a mobile home in the Parker area. We have several relatives with homes in the keys and a couple of relatives with mobile homes on deeded land near the keys.

I'm not opposed to buying and renting the spot if it's a place like Branson's which is in a ideal spot as far as I'm concerned (and it's probably where we'll end up buying). A couple of things: it has to be upriver of Bobby D's, and my general price range is 100k if it's on rented land, 220k if I own the land. It would also need to be at least a 2+2.

Other than Branson's, where would you guys look if you were me.

It can't be CRIT owned obviously, so Earp (which I love) is out--AZ side only...

cofooter

Reaction score
Contact Leslie at Dave Plunkett Realty and get on her email list. You can tell her all the parameters you want (price range, deeded, river access) etc and they will send you email with the listings that fit your criteria as they come up. $220K should definitely be doable I would think, though may have trouble financing a mobile if you need it.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Call Kim at RGR (928) 667-3381 there is a place next to me in Marina View Estates, triple wide, with garage on a double lot. There are also a few places in Marina Manor upper and lower
The Manor is about sold out. A friend has two lots in escrow as I type.

Give Dino Gory a call, he's hungry and will work for food!

boatnam2

Reaction score
200k you might get buckskin valley, everything above river shore on cali side is on a monthly lease, most around the 500-600 month.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So the wife and I have been tossing around the idea of purchasing a mobile home in the Parker area. We have several relatives with homes in the keys and a couple of relatives with mobile homes on deeded land near the keys.

I'm not opposed to buying and renting the spot if it's a place like Branson's which is in a ideal spot as far as I'm concerned (and it's probably where we'll end up buying). A couple of things: it has to be upriver of Bobby D's, and my general price range is 100k if it's on rented land, 220k if I own the land. It would also need to be at least a 2+2.

Other than Branson's, where would you guys look if you were me.

It can't be CRIT owned obviously, so Earp (which I love) is out--AZ side only...

Couple things...

The management at Branson's is ummmm...tight? They have rules, and you WILL adhere to them. Period the end.

The current there is STRONG. Pulling your boat up to a dock is not for the faint of heart. It's a bitch at the launch ramp as well.

Do you have to be on the AZ side?

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Couple things...

The management at Branson's is ummmm...tight? They have rules, and you WILL adhere to them. Period the end.

The current there is STRONG. Pulling your boat up to a dock is not for the faint of heart. It's a bitch at the launch ramp as well.

Do you have to be on the AZ side?
Thx for the reply (I grew up in Glendora btw).

Yes, I have to be on the AZ side, or my wife does which means I do too. I'm good with Branson's rules--I used to leave my RV parked there all summer, so I'm well familiar with them. As for launching, I'd either use Pirates or the public ramp down the road aways. I can either dock there (mid week only for my boat) or in the keys at a relatives place.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
Hey Hunkadory Hallett what street do u live on in marina view?

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score
Shameless promo:
I have a 2-2 with a 20X30 garage and a 20X30 RV Carport in Buckskin Valley that will be hitting the market soon.
Part of Holiday Harbour with a park, 2 launch ramps and trailer parking on the water for $12 per month.

Brennan

Reaction score
Shameless promo:
I have a 2-2 with a 20X30 garage and a 20X30 RV Carport in Buckskin Valley that will be hitting the market soon.
Part of Holiday Harbour with a park, 2 launch ramps and trailer parking on the water for $12 per month.
Send me the details. 👍🏼

Backlash

Reaction score
We were in the same position but many places are cash only. Make sure its not deeded land and check on the HOA or monthly space rent. The market seems steep right now and I wonder if it's due to the limited access on the res. Maybe that is part of the reason places are popping up on the market and being sold immediately. I dont know. We are going to hold off for a bit too unless a smoking deal comes along. 🤷‍♂️

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score
Send me the details. 👍🏼

Here is an old listing when we bought it 4+ years ago right after a total remodel.

zhandfull

Reaction score
I always liked old Windmill, small park with a launch ramp and some onsite storage. Haven't been in years but it was always pretty chill for the family. California side though.

Last edited:

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Bransons is really nice now, one of the first ones to use their brain and put a angle down river with new docks.
I do like it there. As of right now it's plan A for us unless I can find something where I own the land for under $220k or so. plus it's walk distance to Strokes, near the golf course, etc...

boatnam2

Reaction score
Buckskin valley isn't bad and it comes with beach area and ramp but you have to cross highway to get to it.

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
I do like it there. As of right now it's plan A for us unless I can find something where I own the land for under $220k or so. plus it's walk distance to Strokes, near the golf course, etc...

6 months old but- did you end up moving on anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EarpRider

Reaction score
Thx for the reply (I grew up in Glendora btw).

Yes, I have to be on the AZ side, or my wife does which means I do too. I'm good with Branson's rules--I used to leave my RV parked there all summer, so I'm well familiar with them. As for launching, I'd either use Pirates or the public ramp down the road aways. I can either dock there (mid week only for my boat) or in the keys at a relatives place.
Whats wrong with CA side?

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Whats wrong with CA side?
Nothing wrong with it, but a ton of my wife’s family have places near there on the AZ side. Two cousins have houses in the keys, two uncles have mobile homes between the keys and Branson’s.

Also, all of the CA side is BLM owned I think.

But we made some great memories at River Reflections on the CA side... love that side of the river especially for the riding.

racetrash

Reaction score
We bought a shack up the hill from the Sandbar bar. We call it the ghetto, but it's a good hood. Working on the lot next door. Just started on the shack, had to bring our nabor from the ca area to remodel. Seems hard to find anyone that wants to work in Parker.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Prices are still way up on CA side. I should of bought 5 of them last year if I could of predicted it. $100k increase from last year. Lot of new owners and very little inventory. One behind me is getting listed soon for 35 or 40k but no parking. Cheapest one on that row.

old rigger

Reaction score
Not yet brother, still dragging our feet... and raising the $.

I know it's a little out of your budget but there's a place that's been for sale for a while in Manor on Harbor Cir. Right across the street from a friend of ours. Pie shaped lot with an oversized garage. If you haven't reached out to her like @cofooter mentioned, give Les a call at Plunkett.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Man reading this thread I realize that I f'ed up big time. I should've bought something YEARS ago between Martinez & Bullhead, small/simple. I wouldn't have needed anything big, no wife, no kids, no family . . . and working on 'no friends' lol. I'm 'reverse' of most river rats . . . I would've stayed down there from October till May, then came back to OC for the summer. Could've rented it out in the summer months. Dumb Ass.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
We bought a shack up the hill from the Sandbar bar. We call it the ghetto, but it's a good hood. Working on the lot next door. Just started on the shack, had to bring our nabor from the ca area to remodel. Seems hard to find anyone that wants to work in Parker.
That's where I'm at too.. scored it for 39k 3 years ago.. works out great for us.. just with I had a garage.. oh well

yz450mm

Reaction score
I know it's a little out of your budget but there's a place that's been for sale for a while in Manor on Harbor Cir. Right across the street from a friend of ours. Pie shaped lot with an oversized garage. If you haven't reached out to her like @cofooter mentioned, give Les a call at Plunkett.

I'm taking a hard look at that place now, It looks like it could use some TLC but the location and private community are pretty solid. It's been for sale for a while, did you notice anything wrong with it?

cofooter

Reaction score
My place is also in the same culdesac. I heard inside is very rough. Like tear down rough. Outside needs work and concrete is spalling bad. Bunch of people drive in to look and drive back out. I've only seen it being showed inside once. I've been here 9 yrs and have only seen the owner at the house once in all that time. IMO it is overpriced for what it is, and I think the owner is content on waiting it out as the price has not changed since it has been listed.

boatnam2

Reaction score
That thing has been looked at more than a $30 hooker on a $10 dollar corner.

yz450mm

Reaction score
My place is also in the same culdesac. I heard inside is very rough. Like tear down rough. Outside needs work and concrete is spalling bad. Bunch of people drive in to look and drive back out. I've only seen it being showed inside once. I've been here 9 yrs and have only seen the owner at the house once in all that time. IMO it is overpriced for what it is, and I think the owner is content on waiting it out as the price has not changed since it has been listed.
Ok thanks, that's what I figured was the case. I'm a GC and wouldn't mind doing a remodel, but 289 is too high if it needs a whole bunch of work just to be decent.

cofooter

Reaction score
Ok thanks, that's what I figured was the case. I'm a GC and wouldn't mind doing a remodel, but 289 is too high if it needs a whole bunch of work just to be decent.
You can always get a realtor to let you take a look for yourself. Its a cool community.

Parker Dreamin

Can I get a what what ???
Reaction score
Units are starting to move in at Bransons. Two so far with 4 move possibly this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Prices are still way up on CA side. I should of bought 5 of them last year if I could of predicted it. $100k increase from last year. Lot of new owners and very little inventory. One behind me is getting listed soon for 35 or 40k but no parking. Cheapest one on that row.
What park are you at?

NicPaus

Reaction score
What park are you at?
Echo Lodge. My neighbor has decided to sell for 40k. She just was texting me earlier. 1 big bedroom. Lots of storage under awning. Could be made into a 2 bedroom.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Echo Lodge. My neighbor has decided to sell for 40k. She just was texting me earlier. 1 big bedroom. Lots of storage under awning. Could be made into a 2 bedroom.
Nicole?

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Do most of these places have a time limit of how long you can stay ?

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not to sure about river lodge and sunrise, i know you can at the Indian parks river shore and river reflections. Desert Riviera, echo, windmill, big bend, its a no go. Leave darning the 2-3 hot months might be able to make it work.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Not to sure about river lodge and sunrise, i know you can at the Indian parks river shore and river reflections. Desert Riviera, echo, windmill, big bend, its a no go. Leave darning the 2-3 hot months might be able to make it work.
Rules ! There are no freaking rules at River lodge . Except shed size . That seams to be a touchy thing . Lol

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
We are currently priced out which is crazy. I looked at a single in the Rio for $40k a couple weeks ago would would be perfect for us.
Fixer no doubt and almost shot the money cannon but more work I just don't need.

I'm not liquid at $200K and space rent to boot so Emerald it is and Keep renting various houses in The Keys.

boatnam2

Reaction score
No. Other direction on my side. Cheapest listing currently. The one behind me went for 37k and they gutted it. Completely redoing it now.
Yea i wont be back for a few years lol, let this covid shit get behind us people going back to doing other things besides river. Come hang out a few times to see freinds and i will be good.