WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker P.D. awarded new patrol vehicle

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I know every here drives safely, but please take note. Parker will soon have another patrol car:

The grant, from the Governor?s Office of Highway Safety, is to be used for enforcement of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) laws in Parker.

?Parker Police Department?s goal is to reduce the incidences of alcohol and drug related driving fatalities and injuries through enforcement, education and public awareness,? a Parker P.D. statement reads. ?We are committed to keeping the community and everyone who travels in and around it safe. The purchase of this vehicle will allow officers to conduct extra DUI and aggressive driving enforcement patrols without tying up the use of other patrol vehicles.?

Funds awarded from the Governor?s Office of Highway Safety are considered essential by Parker P.D. in allowing officers to work important details revolving around holiday and special events.

http://www.parkerliveonline.com/2017/03/10/patrol-vehicle-grant/

Attachments

• 383469_429212457142065_1690182625_n.jpg
    383469_429212457142065_1690182625_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 27

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I'm surprised Parker isn't using the Ford Explorer Patrol SUVs, like Havasu & many other agencies, around the country.

I'm surprised there's a Parker PD. It's not like we don't already have enough gun carrying law enforcement running about a town that's only a square mile in size. :smackhead

Parker PD

La Paz Sherriff

DPS

Crit PD

AZ Game 'n Fish

Crit Fish 'n Game

Rangers

BLM

FBI

If I left some out feel free to add it to the list.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I'm surprised Parker isn't using the Ford Explorer Patrol SUVs, like Havasu & many other agencies, around the country.

Don't assume that is because the Exploder is the best. We purchased them because they were the cheapest through the state bid that year.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Worst part of the Explorer puv is absolutely zero visibility when backing up

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Also the CHP explorers have the standard v6 meaning 305 hp...they aren't much faster than the old crown vics

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's a Parker PD. It's not like we don't already have enough gun carrying law enforcement running about a town that's only a square mile in size. :smackhead

Parker PD

La Paz Sherriff

DPS

Crit PD

AZ Game 'n Fish

Crit Fish 'n Game

Rangers

BLM

FBI

If I left some out feel free to add it to the list.
Highway patrol
Boarder patrol

Blubyu

Reaction score
These Exploders are a hazard. Ford still hasn't fixed the carbon monoxide issue in the cab. It's coming in through the HVAC under hard acceleration. They're several suits filed and documented serious injury accidents involving officers where carbon monoxide is the factor on why the officer passed out.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Why are the always negative comments about the Explorers? That is a perfect patrol vehicle, IMO. It has 365HP, faster than a Crown Vic, it's AWD, sits up higher for better vision, easier for Officers to get in/out of, a roomier drivers seat & more cargo space & very sporty looking! Of course any vehicle being slammed in & out of gear, is subject to transmission issues, but overall the Explorer is great for moving vehicles, pits etc.... I've seen the drivers seat on the new Dodge Charger & there's little room & no truck space, not to mention it's only a V6 & RWD, weighed down with all the equipment, I can't imagine it being much faster than a FIPU & wouldn't sitting lower be more uncomfortable for Officers? Idk.... I guess I obviously love the FIPU.[emoji1303]

It wasnt negative, its just the way the are bought. At least out here. I just wouldn't assume because the police buy them by the gross that they are fantastic for some reason other than low price. We have a couple Taures' for the exact same reason. Just depends on what is the lowest price that year.

I have one Chevy in my utility fleet and it is getting replaced this summer by an F450. Why Ford and not Chevy or Dodge? Ford is the cheapest. Not the longest lasting or most powerfull or the crew favorite or any brand loyalty on my part. Price.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

What are the other Parker patrol car(s)? That could also drive the decision from a fleet-management POV.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
What are the other Parker patrol car(s)? That could also drive the decision from a fleet-management POV.

Call the office they should be able to answer your question.

Wait 'till Monday though as they are closed on the weekend.

OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm