WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker ski races

teded

Reaction score
The March 7-8th ski races new location says Patria Flats. What is the course they will run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
The March 7-8th ski races new location says Patria Flats. What is the course they will run?

I don't know that the course has been decided yet, but I presume the one turn will be just above Patria somewhere, and the lower turn may be where the "normal" upper turn has been in the past, in front of Marina Manor. I can email and see if there has been any discussion yet.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
I don't know that the course has been decided yet, but I presume the one turn will be just above Patria somewhere, and the lower turn may be where the "normal" upper turn has been in the past, in front of Marina Manor. I can email and see if there has been any discussion yet.

Thinking the same thing, doesn't make sense to run up river from Patria.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Thinking the same thing, doesn't make sense to run up river from Patria.

It may be good to have the turn just above Patria, it's fairly wide there. Probably not too much further up because it would interfere with Roadrunner.

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
This will be the course layout... With only two rescue boats now, they have to keep line of sight for the whole course. It will end up being a little short of the old lap length.
IMG-20200218-WA0000.jpg

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Interesting that someone would think to put the turn where the river narrows? That's also going to limit boat traffic to Pirates Den for people who want to eat there.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I’m stoked I can watch it from the neighborhood. [emoji106]

Dana757

Reaction score
Interesting that someone would think to put the turn where the river narrows? That's also going to limit boat traffic to Pirates Den for people who want to eat there.
Or people like me that launch there. Not to self, don't go to river March 7 - 8th. All good though, love all forms of boat racing and hope it's a good event for everyone!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
They will let you between heats. There is a lot of down time.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
They will let you in and out between heats. There is a lot of down time.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Interesting that someone would think to put the turn where the river narrows?
Or people like me that launch there. Not to self, don't go to river March 7 - 8th. All good though, love all forms of boat racing and hope it's a good event for everyone!

No launching on Saturday this time of year due to swap meet, that's why we are not holding races there, that place would be ideal!

River Runnin

Reaction score
Don't make me run ya down and stop ya!! Metal and Glass don't mix!! ....I'll be one of the red pins! ;) 🤫 🤣

cofooter

Reaction score
Will be a cool place to watch along the river there.........

cofooter

Reaction score
Your dock was the perfect spot, but seems like Patria Flats may allow more spectators to watch.