WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker, The way it was and might of been.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Went by to look at my brothers pad for a sale a few weeks ago up on bean pot hill, seen ole Skyskier out front.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Out in front of my dock in parker late 80’s

C378CC28-88C9-45EA-A80F-5B632FADABCE.jpeg

Nice photo! Cool boat!!
bultaco-logohist-1 (1) - Edited (1).png

looks like LeMans valve covers, FE?

Wheeler

Reaction score
Went by to look at my brothers pad for a sale a few weeks ago up on bean pot hill, seen ole Skyskier out front.

Did you speak with him or just flip him off while passing by?

old rigger

Reaction score
IMG_2758.JPG
Camping at River Lodge, me and my folks in '65 with one of the first Tahiti's out of the mold in the water. Back when the lagoon was still in the old spot for kids to play in. Our place was in Bullhead for another 6 years but would meet up with friends on the strip. Within a year or two, maybe 7-8 of them bought on Bean Pot Hill and then by 71 most but not all moved down closer to the water, Marina View (my parents too), or went to the AZ side across from Needles and bought river front there. Some are still in both places. Long time ago.

Last edited:

old rigger

Reaction score
Found this old ad from early 70s in a booklet we have on the river from Bullhead to Blythe, this shows where the old lagoon was back in the day at River Lodge, just before the bend in the river where the newer lagoon is today. I can remember the water being warm compared to the river. It came up to maybe our waist when we were kids. I also remember there being a big tree there too but looks like it was gone by the time this pic was taken...or I'm remembering it wrong.
fullsizeoutput_2d6a.jpeg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Found this old ad from early 70s in a booklet we have on the river from Bullhead to Blythe, this shows where the old lagoon was back in the day at River Lodge, just before the bend in the river where the newer lagoon is today. I can remember the water being warm compared to the river. It came up to maybe our waist when we were kids. I also remember there being a big tree there too but looks like it was gone by the time this pic was taken...or I'm remembering it wrong.
View attachment 718724

River Lodge is the first place on the river that I remember going to. To the best of my recollection, it was spring of '62.

KevinR

Reaction score
We would go there from 66-70. Stay in one of the units. Memories there are making my first shore start, think I was 12, on my new Velmar, and sitting in the water all day when it hit 126.

kiethco

Reaction score
Buy Bulhead now. Once they dredge from Laughlin south in 10 years, maybe sooner, the recreation explosion is gonna rival Havasu.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Denny is that pic for sale on your website? Do you have a link?
just saw this post today,....yeah I know, nuthin like being late to the party, ...Wheeler is SUPPOSED to keep me abreast of these things !...obviously he is a slacker STILL,..........we closed the shop an I didn't renew the website, but to answer your question, yes this one and all the others of old Parker are available,.....are you still interested in one of these? let me know, I'm thinkin about doin the St Paddy's day poker run, I could bring one up.

Wheeler

Reaction score
How large of a framed photo is this? I need one to give to a friend.

just saw this post today,....yeah I know, nuthin like being late to the party, ...Wheeler is SUPPOSED to keep me abreast of these things !...obviously he is a slacker STILL,..........we closed the shop an I didn't renew the website, but to answer your question, yes this one and all the others of old Parker are available,.....are you still interested in one of these? let me know, I'm thinkin about doin the St Paddy's day poker run, I could bring one up.

grumpy88

Reaction score
View attachment 718609 Camping at River Lodge, me and my folks in '65 with one of the first Tahiti's out of the mold in the water. Back when the lagoon was still in the old spot for kids to play in. Our place was in Bullhead for another 6 years but would meet up with friends on the strip. Within a year or two, maybe 7-8 of them bought on Bean Pot Hill and then by 71 most but not all moved down closer to the water, Marina View (my parents too), or went to the AZ side across from Needles and bought river front there. Some are still in both places. Long time ago.
20181124_164752.jpg

old rigger

Reaction score
I have a " park model " in about the same exact spot you were in . You would be sad if you saw what river lodge has turned into .

Have a friend that has a trailer there, he's been there for 25 years or so. Has a Schiada outboard.

It's like almost everything on the strip, little of it has remained the same over the last 50 odd years. I do like looking across the river to the Ca side from our place because it's still mostly undeveloped.

IMG_1340.JPG

grumpy88

Reaction score
We have been going to river lodge for 12 years now .I definitely don't complain about our view either . I have not noticed a schiada OB in the park . To be honest I usually have a couple of drinks in me when I'm there though .lol

84miller

Reaction score
I have the original pic attached that I bought from the associated press. Blew it up to 3' x 4' (yes feet). This started the river as we know it. Zoom in and check it out many interesting things to look at....the building of parker dam....

84miller

Reaction score
I have the original pic attached that I bought from the associated press. Blew it up to 3' x 4' (yes feet). This started the river as we know it. Zoom in and check it out many interesting things to look at....the building of parker dam....
Too big to download,,,cool pic to have...pm me and I will send direct...makes a great pic for hanging..

Wheeler

Reaction score
What’s your connection to Eric? We both raced comp eliminator in the early 90’s and our teams got along well.
Erics Brother Bob and I are friends,

Wheeler

Reaction score
Wheeler, is that you racing? If so we raced in Comp Eliminator in the early 90’s. I raced a Flat named Consumption.
No, not me. As i recall I shot some pix in Bob Johnsons house of what i believe to have been Eric.

Wheeler

Reaction score
How do you google search a photo?

That's a pretty cool looking boat except for the windshield.
Right click on the image and click on search image with google or what ever browser that you may be using.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I spent many a day in Sports Valley playing pool while Dad and his buddy held down the bar stools talking shit with the bar tender. I think it was a fella named Wayne.

We stayed in those condos to the right in the picture most of our trips back then.
Probably played you in pool. Dad also held down a stool there and considered the free popcorn as lunch for his 4 kids!