WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker today ?

NicPaus

Reaction score
It's probably in the teens by now. I use to stay in Rio Linda 20+ years ago. Friends old house is the one being worked on behind Clayton's.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
As far as Parker Today goes...

It's sucks azz! Supposed to be 86, clear blue skys, no wind, boats in the water and it's glass.

Gonna paint some house trim this morning and go for a cruise later.

Still closed to the rest of you bitches though, Havasu is the BEST place to be! 😁

20211027_081027.jpg

20211027_080945.jpg

Reaction score
Despite the "rudder" on some jets in "dead stick" instances No steering , jets steer with thrust , in this case evreything back of the bowl blew off (nozzle) , and The owner told me today this has a box and rod steering vs a cable, He also said The engine quit at landing , unclear if the engine has any issues

so he had no chance to drop the bucket, you know reverse and stop in couple of boat lengths...

are those river front vacant RV spots full hook-ups ?

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Crap! Just looked at the pic again, it does look like the nozzle isn't lined up anymore. Doesn't the nozzle hole the rear impeller bearing? If that's the case, I'd think the motor may have stalled from load maybe?
Curious as to how the nozzle came apart, hardware failure or threads let loose?
The 2 bearings bearings that hold the back of the shaft are in the bowl.
Looking at the classified thread, the droop had the basic 8 bolts holding it on. Usually with higher horsepower they are double drilled and studded.
Who knows. Failures happen. As long as everyone is ok.

wzuber

Reaction score
Ok
As far as Parker Today goes...

It's sucks azz! Supposed to be 86, clear blue skys, no wind, boats in the water and it's glass.

Gonna paint some house trim this morning and go for a cruise later.

Still closed to the rest of you bitches though, Havasu is the BEST place to be! 😁

View attachment 1061354

View attachment 1061355
Sounds good. Wear your lifeline and lanyard, be safe and for gawdssake....
SLOW DOWN when going by Rio Linda...lol

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
It was low all weekend. Was out on my ski today and up by the dam it was crazy shallow. To low yesterday to go past riverlodge in the boat. Must of just missed this.

We went up to the Dam Monday in the Essex. Did the mandatory stay left in glass alley and shoot right just before the final left heading upriver. B3's hang some Jewelry and I had no issues but my ears were up for sure. Secret beach was a chunk of dry land.

Tuesday heading home looking at the stretch of water heading over to parker and you could walk across the river easily. o_O

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
I'll know more soon but it looks like a steering failure and jet boats keep going in the direction pointed without thrust (rudders are for slow speed maneuvering around docks and trailers)
Many years ago I was skiing behind a schiada with a Berkeley squirt gun at Blythe. I fell and when he turned around his Trim cable snapped, he instinctively gave more and more power to turn harder but the boat just went straight up the rocks, dang near swamped the transom.…. As I’m floating down the river all by myself with nothing more than a ski

anyways, that boat is still running today.

Reaction score
Many years ago I was skiing behind a schiada with a Berkeley squirt gun at Blythe. I fell and when he turned around his Trim cable snapped, he instinctively gave more and more power to turn harder but the boat just went straight up the rocks, dang near swamped the transom.…. As I’m floating down the river all by myself with nothing more than a ski

anyways, that boat is still running today.

trim cable or steering cable ???

floating middle of river by yourself and with the current floating farther and farther away...maybe ?

NicPaus

Reaction score
We went up to the Dam Monday in the Essex. Did the mandatory stay left in glass alley and shoot right just before the final left heading upriver. B3's hang some Jewelry and I had no issues but my ears were up for sure. Secret beach was a chunk of dry land.

Tuesday heading home looking at the stretch of water heading over to parker and you could walk across the river easily. o_O
I missed you. I had a boat load and was drafting lower than I have. Had all 10 of my Nieces and Nephews on board along with all my siblings for the first time.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
trim cable or steering cable ???

floating middle of river by yourself and with the current floating farther and farther away...maybe ?

this was 25 years ago but as I remember it was the trim cable, jet shot up in the air. It broke right as he was 90 degrees to the rocks so the boat didn’t turn, by the time it registered what was happening, he was out of the water and on the rocks. . Lucky is slid all the way off before it swamped.

At first I was like: “oh shit, they just crashed into the rocks”

then I was like: “oh shit, I’m just floating down the middle of the river“

21’ day cruiser yellow with wood grain/bubble deck and a squirt gun on the back. Fun fun fun.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Thanks for the ride! 😁

That really was one of the best trips we have had out here. 👍🏼👍🏼

Might have to come home soon though. I'm out of your wife's spaghetti sauce!

😥😝

20211024_123153.jpg

cofooter

Reaction score

attitude

Reaction score
So no one is going to say what really happened? He was just floating down the river when a wake boat came by and a wave picked him up and set him on the sea wall.

In all seriousness the passenger said they had an issue and lost steering. I’m sure the owner is heart broken, it’s one of my favorite Schiadas and I’m not even a jet boat guy.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
So no one is going to say what really happened? He was just floating down the river when a wake boat came by and a wave picked him up and set him on the sea wall.

In all seriousness the passenger said they had an issue and lost steering. I’m sure the owner is heart broken, it’s one of my favorite Schiadas and I’m not even a jet boat guy

In all seriousness the passenger said they had an issue and lost steering. I’m sure the owner is heart broken, it’s one of my favorite Schiadas and I’m not even a jet boat guy.
Amazing RT. I looked at that thing online so many times when it was for sale. Glad they somehow hit the foot ramp if that helped and not the concrete sea wall head on. In the grand sceme they are very lucky to boat another day. Im sure the boat will be fixed and better than ever when done.

attitude

Reaction score
Amazing RT. I looked at that thing online so many times when it was for sale. Glad they somehow hit the foot ramp if that helped and not the concrete sea wall head on. In the grand sceme they are very lucky to boat another day. Im sure the boat will be fixed and better than ever when done.
Yup, in a weird way they got extremely lucky, if it happened next to rocks or hit the sea wall the fix wouldn’t just be some gel touch up. I’m sure once it’s fixed no one will ever be able to tell this happened.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I missed you. I had a boat load and was drafting lower than I have. Had all 10 of my Nieces and Nephews on board along with all my siblings for the first time.

That run was at my limit of dicey. Nobody else up there. Only one generator running, slow current. The drift down was awesome.

I did not catch your boat on the ball. If I had I would have DM'd you and bought you a beer.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score

Yes , at "speed" , The Berkeley nozzle adaptor ( Standard Droop snoot) casting just back of the bowl flange "fractured" around its entire circumference just aft of the split bowl flange connection and the boat completely lost any and all steering whatsoever , Jet drive boat do not steer with out redirected thrust from the steering nozzle so until the boat slows on its own your simply left with bailing out or going along where the boat has decided to travel and tunnel hulls tend to "track" a bit . Additionally albeit Jet drive reverses are marginal at best there would be zero opportunity to "fast reverse" ( reverse nozzle and steering all dangling by the control cables and not functional) I have analyzed the photos provided me "ad nauseam" and have decided I believe what failed however because the owner is now my client and I'll be working with his insurer and have opted to limit what I divulge at this time . Suffice it to say He and passenger are fortunate to be alive and the boat appears to be repairable (level of which is not yet determined , I have it on good authority that no drugs or alcohol were involved and the owner is an experienced mature jet boat driver Tom

Last edited:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know I am late to this thread…….. But nobody mentioned what the count is up too, for boats crashing into Rio Linda Shores docks? I can count 6 that I am aware of. Geez….. there was once, 2 dock crashes on the same day, there. The count has to be much higher than the 6. Anybody got a count?

That spot does see a lot of action for some reason.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I saw it two decades ago when it was the original colors.. it was bad ass back then as well

J 2

Reaction score
Hey Tom - Can you confirm he landed on top of the awning then slid back to the ground where it's sitting? Awning appears to have significant damage.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Hey Tom - Can you confirm he landed on top of the awning then slid back to the ground where it's sitting? Awning appears to have significant damage.

I saw that but the tiles all would’ve been blown to pieces. I think he hit the support column which compromised the roof integrity.

J 2

Reaction score
I saw that but the tiles all would’ve been blown to pieces. I think he hit the support column which compromised the roof integrity.
Good point. I driven around that corner many times over 20+ years, never liked where those docks are. Probably why they get so much action. This being a mechanical failure was simply dumb luck for this driver. Glad he hit it just right to walk away.

cofooter

Reaction score
I floated by there the other day. Looks like he took out the header with the nose, it was broken in the middle.