WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Passport Renewal

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Has anyone renewed a passport recently? Ours expired in May and we mailed our renewal toward the end of July. Passport services took the renewal fees out on 08/03/2020.

Just wondering how long I should expect this to take as we have a trip planned in 45 days from now :oops:

Capture.PNG

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I went to the Passport Service Center in Santa Clarita to get mine renewed. I think it took about 4 weeks to get it back.

hallett21

Reaction score
You should be fine. If you get down to 3 weeks or less you can go to the Fed office in LA. Before covid they could turn it around in 48 hours. Not sure how it’s working now

DWC

Reaction score
Can’t help on the passport but i did spend 3 hours at the Norco DMV to get my real ID. Me and probably 300 of my closest friends. Set up the chair at 5:30 and was out the door a little after 8:30.

FD5B021C-801D-4B2D-9F27-858B5CC283C4.jpeg

This line goes down the street and around the corner

5A53A454-8B7F-444C-A64E-E1EEF339DD13.jpeg

traquer

Reaction score
Can’t help on the passport but i did spend 3 hours at the Norco DMV to get my real ID. Me and probably 300 of my closest friends. Set up the chair at 5:30 and was out the door a little after 8:30.

View attachment 910965

View attachment 910966

Fock. I love America but why we can't handle something simple as this I never understood... Is it because we have such a big car culture or what? Nothing this simple should take 3 hours

Reactions: DWC

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

View attachment 910965

View attachment 910966

Crazy I did mine at the norco dmv in January on my bday. Went at closing and was out in like 40 minutes. I hate the dmv

Singleton

Reaction score
That is cutting it close!! No expedited requests due to COVID is what I read.

your kind of fubr now. Waiting game now. Should have it with a week to spare.

better question - will your trip even occur? Out travel plans are so messed, we gave up and will go big next year

beerrun

Reaction score
My wife did hers in late March and she just got it last week

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
your kind of fubr now. Waiting game now. Should have it with a week to spare.

better question - will your trip even occur? Out travel plans are so messed, we gave up and will go big next year

Yeah, we are booked for Secrets Maroma Beach in Cancun. Have a few friends that have been down recently and it is fine. I bought the travel insurance through American Express so if we have to cancel, I get a full refund. Wife and I never took a honeymoon. This trip is over our 10 year Anniversary.

DWC

Reaction score
Fock. I love America but why we can't handle something simple as this I never understood... Is it because we have such a big car culture or what? Nothing this simple should take 3 hours
There were a ton of people there for Real ID’s, quite a few kids getting their first license and a fairly large group trying to get their license back after being suspended :oops: 😀

Shane54

Reaction score
My wife and I hit up the DMV in Needles on Monday for our Real ID's. In and out in 30 minutes. Now we need to work on the Passport renewals. Read that they are way backed up on processing due to COVID. OP hope you get yours in time to take your trip, and Happy Anniversary!

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We have been waiting for 3 months for my kids passports to be renewed with no update via the web site due to the shut down of covid....

I did get my global entry renewal in a week....

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Sent mine in for renewal first week of June. Check cleared right away but no passport yet and no acknowledgement on their website of anything.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

View attachment 910965

View attachment 910966
Did my Real ID info online And got a Stop pass. Was in and out in 45 minutes in Fullerton.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
By far the easiest best CA DMV office is ....
🤦🏼‍♂️ Now if tell you, it will no longer be the best and easiest..... let me think about this.

traquer

Reaction score
I heard San Clemente is good. Good tip on the Global Entry btw, perfect time to do now lol

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we are booked for Secrets Maroma Beach in Cancun. Have a few friends that have been down recently and it is fine. I bought the travel insurance through American Express so if we have to cancel, I get a full refund. Wife and I never took a honeymoon. This trip is over our 10 year Anniversary.

Take some Condoms, Just a suggestion.

:D

C-2

Reaction score
Ridgecrest DMV....great staff, fun drive especially during the winter.

Congrats on the honeymoon!

Roosky01

Reaction score
Wife sent her renewal in on March 28th. Check was cashed in early April and she just got an email last night that it was approved. I have no idea why it has taken so long....

caribbean20

Reaction score
Same timing for me, they cashed the check in March, got it last week. At least they are consistent 😀

May be getting better now. Remember everyone went into complete lockdown in March/April.

lantz

Reaction score
My daughter got her paper work and stuff turned in for a new passport in February. For the longest time, the website didn't even say processing when she checked status. In late June, it finally showed that it was being processed. It just showed up in the mail this morning.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Same timing for me, they cashed the check in March, got it last week. At least they are consistent [emoji3]

May be getting better now. Remember everyone went into complete lockdown in March/April.
Fingers crossed man!! I don't want to have to cancel this trip but we are cutting it close with some of the turn times I am reading here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My wife and I hit up the DMV in Needles on Monday for our Real ID's. In and out in 30 minutes. Now we need to work on the Passport renewals. Read that they are way backed up on processing due to COVID. OP hope you get yours in time to take your trip, and Happy Anniversary!

Going to do this midweek in Needles next month.

YZFRider

Reaction score
Took us close to 6 months to get our passports renewed. Submitted passport renewal in March received August 1st. Already had to reschedule our trip once because of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
I submitted the wife's and mine on the same day back in early July. Both checks cashed on July 15th. She got hers on July 21 and I am still waiting.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Fingers crossed man!! I don't want to have to cancel this trip but we are cutting it close with some of the turn times I am reading here.

I know the feeling. We were scheduled to depart in a few weeks for a Zurich to Paris river boat deal. They canceled a while ago so stress level disappeared. Now waiting on about $30k in refunds and I’m now scratching my head saying why’d we spend that kind of scratch anyway😳

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I know the feeling. We were scheduled to depart in a few weeks for a Zurich to Paris river boat deal. They canceled a while ago so stress level disappeared. Now waiting on about $30k in refunds and I’m now scratching my head saying why’d we spend that kind of scratch anyway😳

And people here wonder why so many boats, RVs and toys were purchased this year. Must all be PPP and unemployment funds :).

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Same with a good friend of ours!! They kept saying it was due to Covid. Ya right!!!!!!! Typical Government that don't give a phuck about us.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score

okay mine came in todays mail. It was a renewal that I mailed first week of June!!!!! Okay now I can hopefully do Cabo trip this fall

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Brawley or Blythe are the best I've used.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Some family of our are waiting as well. We want to go to Mexico but looks like we might change plans to vacation stateside. Now where that maybe is another question?

Sharpy

Reaction score
I’m with most of the others here, mailed check and docs in late March. Check cleared 3 days later then nothing. I called in early July and the gal said they were running at 20% staff due to Covid, but starting to staff back up. I didn’t need mine for any reason but wondered if it was stolen or something. She said it was processed and must’ve asked 3-4 times if I had an upcoming trip planned and I kept saying no, I kinda wonder if that was her way of trying to expedite it. Anyway, mine came in the mail Monday.

Maybe try calling in?