WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Patio Covers - Havasu

Evo

Reaction score
Does anyone have an alumawood patio cover in Havasu? How are they holding up? Any dealers/installers you recommend or stay away from? TIA!

Reactions: DLC

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I think @BoatCop is the resident inmate for this, that is if the ships have arrived into port. :oops:
I have one on my backyard in N OC and we love it for its simplicity and no maintenance.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Lake Havasu Patio did mine (neighbor), I think everyone is behind schedule waiting on raw materials stuck on ships.
7F0F9E2A-538F-4200-AB94-4B85564792DF.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Does anyone have an alumawood patio cover in Havasu? How are they holding up? Any dealers/installers you recommend or stay away from? TIA!

what are you looking for and how big?

Evo

Reaction score
what are you looking for and how big?
I'm not sure how big I want, a lot depends on what budget I have left when I'm done putting in the pool and wall. I have a small patio cover now and would want that removed for a new larger one. My bil put a huge one at his house and had one removed for $5k, vs adding on to the one I have now at $15k is why I want to go that route. Also, less maintenance, but I also don't know how they do with the Havasu heat. Also, looking to have it attached to my house if possible.

Evo

Reaction score
Current patio. Want to double the size.

Attachments

• back patio havasu.jpg
    back patio havasu.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 148
  • back patio havasu2.jpg
    back patio havasu2.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 148

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
We have an Allumawood patio in Havasu. Has held up great and actually thinking of doing another at the top of our driveway.

The cost for Allumawood is insane right now though. We just finished a small one at our house on the side yard and it was way more than I thought it would be and I got a bro deal too.

boatpi

Reaction score
Just an FYI ,EVERY Alumawood, Duraloom etc. patio cover made is all the same, "Roll Formed" 24 gauge aluminum, basically a gutter downspout slid over steel. Add 500 screws and that is your cover.

We are the only company selling and making extruded aluminum Amma 2604 spec grade powder coated patio material outside of Virginia. NO screws or bolts on posts, we use internal stainless steel 304 square U bolts internally. No patio cover MFG can build a cover with engineering in Vegas up to 20' square on concrete except us. It is that strong and modern.

The 3" lattice can overhang a beam by 5'. beams up to 33' long between posts ,NO one USA can do that in all aluminum. We have it made, licensed importers, NO middle man, and distribute in 5 states. You can use foam solid panels roof's too. We sell to contractors that I approve, NO illegals from CL, this is the best are very low price as we control the entire process..
Look at our instagram too. 4K Aluminum

4K Aluminum Inc. | Facebook

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
And yes, we make the 4' x 8' laser cut panels all in the same powder coat and half the going retail rate.

NEW news, we are expecting to open a family operated distributorship in Riverside by early April, serving the Inland Empire, San Diego and the O.C. We have distributors as far away as Ft. Worth Texas. When my daughters graduate college they will take this to every state west or Mississippi. This is an American owned business we import from a democratic nation in Asia, NO Chinese or communist nations material, PERIOD.

Evo

Reaction score
Just an FYI ,EVERY Alumawood, Duraloom etc. patio cover made is all the same, "Roll Formed" 24 gauge aluminum, basically a gutter downspout slid over steel. Add 500 screws and that is your cover.

We are the only company selling and making extruded aluminum Amma 2604 spec grade powder coated patio material outside of Virginia. NO screws or bolts on posts, we use internal stainless steel 304 square U bolts internally. No patio cover MFG can build a cover with engineering in Vegas up to 20' square on concrete except us. It is that strong and modern.

The 3" lattice can overhang a beam by 5'. beams up to 33' long between posts ,NO one USA can do that in all aluminum. We have it made, licensed importers, NO middle man, and distribute in 5 states. You can use foam solid panels roof's too. We sell to contractors that I approve, NO illegals from CL, this is the best are very low price as we control the entire process..
Look at our instagram too. 4K Aluminum

4K Aluminum Inc. | Facebook

Just checked out your facebook... that would kill my budget for Havasu house, but my main home might be an option. Looking at Alumawood or whatever because the retaining wall I have to build is going to be more than double what I expected and was just going to add on to my existing originally.

boatpi

Reaction score
In Las Vegas, on concrete installed is about $41 a square foot, taller posts, more add on's will drive the cost up. I know LA Area contractors get upwards of $50 due to increased costs of doing business. Get two to buy in same area , same time, lower the cost!
Attached one side is always best cost wise , as you eliminate 2 posts and make it very secure for engineering. Panels extra, outlying areas have a higher cost to transport our material to job site of course. We shopped a product like this sold in VA. They charge 5 times our contractors pricing. We design, pay for dies, produce in 3 mills, ship, and are U S Customs licensed importers, no middleman involved.

sirbob

Reaction score

Can your system be mounted on an existing concrete patio / ie without pouring a footing etc?

I have a 10x16 patio I was considering covering but don’t want to tear up the concrete to put footings in.

I have been looking at fabing some kind of base plate that could be bolted down and building a steel cover to mount on it.

Also regarding the corners - do they have to be at 45* or can you do a random angle.

boatpi

Reaction score
YES, in Southern Nevada where building codes and engineering are very close, contractors can be built up to 20' x 20' using 6" posts no taller than 9'8", NO footings. We can go taller if smaller foot print, NO footings, all on 4500 PSI concrete, at least 3.6" thick, cured 3 weeks+. Even more if one side attached to a structure. HH Consulting, Henderson, NV, can stamp all western states. We have standard plans on file in all cities in Nevada, more coming soon as the new standard plans are almost ready. They will include cantilever, the "Leaf", solid cover top, and a new project in development.

As to random angles, most use our 90 degree corner beam connector, a skilled contractor can do most any cut and attachment. We make many internal brackets, look at out Instagram page, one just built in Joshua Tree gable style.

4K Aluminum Inc. (@4kaluminum) • Instagram photos and videos

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
I gave my buddy a deal in Havasu to get one up that I could show as it's in his front yard. I'd charge $40 sf for that one with the back panel and lattice. +permits and engineering.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

Evo

Reaction score
@boatpi Do you have solid panels to make it a true enclosed patio. I'm looking at replacing the whole patio cover and want to be able to put fans underneath. I know you can do that with alumawood and even walk on top of them and have drainage as well.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
YES, in Southern Nevada where building codes and engineering are very close, contractors can be built up to 20' x 20' using 6" posts no taller than 9'8", NO footings. We can go taller if smaller foot print, NO footings, all on 4500 PSI concrete, at least 3.6" thick, cured 3 weeks+. Even more if one side attached to a structure. HH Consulting, Henderson, NV, can stamp all western states. We have standard plans on file in all cities in Nevada, more coming soon as the new standard plans are almost ready. They will include cantilever, the "Leaf", solid cover top, and a new project in development.

As to random angles, most use our 90 degree corner beam connector, a skilled contractor can do most any cut and attachment. We make many internal brackets, look at out Instagram page, one just built in Joshua Tree gable style.

4K Aluminum Inc. (@4kaluminum) • Instagram photos and videos

Can you post a picture of gable patio cover please.

boatpi

Reaction score
Solid lid patio covers are achieved by using a solid foam lid, it has roll formed aluminum attached to both sides. about four colors are available this is a very expensive and massive manufacturing process that makes these panels, from 2 inches to up to 5 inches thick. The price of the panels are not unreasonable but it’s a whole different manufacturing process for us to take The most common supply in this area is there a loom and four seasons you’re both excellent products. We manufacture a 2 inch and 3 inch C channel that goes over the end of this foam lid if you decide to extend it over the edge of the beams you can also mount it internally between our beams for a flat roof by using our 2 in.² lattice on the inside as a rim. I’m not a contractors but their special adhesive made that makes it pretty much water tight and that’s the whole reason to use this type of lid if you want it watertight as our lettuce can give you 50% shade two hours of the day and 100% shade 22 hours of the day. The ladders replaced north and south with 2 inch air space for a 2 in.² lattice and 3 inch air space for 3 in.² lattice as the sun sets to the west, it hits the side of the lattice and creates shade underneath.

myrad construction in Temecula did this gable project, the first one of its kind using one of our special 6 inch internal U channel brackets.

When it comes to metal some of his contractors are extremely talented and think outside the box our product is known in the industry as the Legos of shade structures. We have over 200 sku’s.

our newest item received just this week is a one by four thin wall lattice in espresso color he could be used to hide pull equipment or as a privacy wall. Everything will match from the patio cover to the post to the privacy wall.
45FC9340-F3B9-414D-8A51-3B6951048948.jpeg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Solid lid patio covers are achieved by using a solid foam lid, it has roll formed aluminum attached to both sides. about four colors are available this is a very expensive and massive manufacturing process that makes these panels, from 2 inches to up to 5 inches thick. The price of the panels are not unreasonable but it’s a whole different manufacturing process for us to take The most common supply in this area is there a loom and four seasons you’re both excellent products. We manufacture a 2 inch and 3 inch C channel that goes over the end of this foam lid if you decide to extend it over the edge of the beams you can also mount it internally between our beams for a flat roof by using our 2 in.² lattice on the inside as a rim. I’m not a contractors but their special adhesive made that makes it pretty much water tight and that’s the whole reason to use this type of lid if you want it watertight as our lettuce can give you 50% shade two hours of the day and 100% shade 22 hours of the day. The ladders replaced north and south with 2 inch air space for a 2 in.² lattice and 3 inch air space for 3 in.² lattice as the sun sets to the west, it hits the side of the lattice and creates shade underneath.

myrad construction in Temecula did this gable project, the first one of its kind using one of our special 6 inch internal U channel brackets.

When it comes to metal some of his contractors are extremely talented and think outside the box our product is known in the industry as the Legos of shade structures. We have over 200 sku’s.

our newest item received just this week is a one by four thin wall lattice in espresso color he could be used to hide pull equipment or as a privacy wall. Everything will match from the patio cover to the post to the privacy wall. View attachment 979187

I want to do a 20x20 gabled covered patio attached to the house on one side like you pictured above in Lake Havasu. Do you have contractors in Havasu that install your product? Can you provide me a quote? Shane Scully 818-540-5656

boatpi

Reaction score
We have at least one of them on the boards here his name is Ted he should respond.

boatpi

Reaction score
This eyebrow was done just last week by “Made in the Shade” in Las Vegas. This might be good for some of that hot Havasu windows.

of course it have to be a little longer to give a perfect shape but certainly will prevent a lot of sun hitting it. you could use any one of our panels to cut over this but the square is very popular for this.

The aluminum panels are 4 x 8‘ and I have some 5 x 10 what they did is they just cut the panels with a metal blade in a circular saw so they’re not 4x8’.
0A5AF4C7-889B-40E7-B8E4-1571963BC921.jpeg
5B7494CA-4B7C-4DB1-AA0E-8FF36B26D5F0.jpeg