WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Payroll company recommendation

GMD

Reaction score
Currently I use ADP. Does anyone in Arizona or CA have a recommendation on a payroll company?
I'm so done with the shitty customer service at ADP.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
We currently use quickbooks. But likely changing to Patriot software. Least it's a conservative company

Stace Case

Reaction score
Currently I use ADP. Does anyone in Arizona or CA have a recommendation on a payroll company?
I'm so done with the shitty customer service at ADP.
We currently use Viventium (they are great) but changing over to a more efficient platform for union environment. Dealt with ADP and their BS for many years, plus you better know your California payroll laws because ADP sure doesn't and will not be liable for anything that is NOT compliant. It's on the employer

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Paychex, Zenefits, Workday, Paylocity, and Gusto are some I see often.

Probably see ADP the most amongst large companies

There’s also a bunch of PEO’s (Professional Employer Organization) that small start ups use.

Workday works pretty well personally.

JD D05

Reaction score
My business is group benefits and HR etc. We use Paylocity.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
G&A Partners. Been very pleased. Insurance rates are very good. (considering Obamacare)

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I would highly recommend Coastal Payroll. We switched to Coastal in 2015 or so. They are a smaller company with OUTSTANDING customer service. We have never had a single bad incident with them. Also, we went with worker’s compensation they offer, and saved a fortune over ADP. Over the years we have used a number of payroll companies. ADP has shown to be the very worst. In about 2013 or so , they moved their customer service overseas, and it it terrible. Many large customers have left them.

Baja Pete

Reaction score
We just transitioned to Paylocity. It is much better than Paycom and ADP.

DMF

Reaction score
I have been with paychex for 8 years. I have never had a problem so far. What are you guys paying for the service?

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
ADP sucks. Been using Gusto for the last 2 years. So easy to deal with and customer service treats you like a person, not an account #.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
We use BBSI (Barrett Business Systems Inc.) https://mybbsi.com/ They provide payroll, workers comp insurance, and full HR services. We have been very happy with them.

We used BBSI, no complaints, they were very professional, but they require you to have WC ins. through them and that wasn’t working for us so we left. We saved a ton on WC through a co-op type coverage, and got a new payroll company. The company is TAG Payroll Services out of Phoenix. I would not recommend them if your in construction. Their system is just not setup to deal with jobs, cost codes, etc. that comes with a large construction project.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I have been with paychex for 8 years. I have never had a problem so far. What are you guys paying for the service?
That's what we use as well. Seems to be okay.

lf2

Reaction score
We currently use quickbooks. But likely changing to Patriot software. Least it's a conservative company

Been using patriot for a few years. Im just a small company but they have worked for what i need.

Hammer

Reaction score
Bumping this thread... is there a payroll service that also submits the certified payroll docs to DIR and the prime contractor for PW projects?
Currently with Paychex, but would like an all in one service.

Singleton

Reaction score
Paychex, Zenefits, Workday, Paylocity, and Gusto are some I see often.

Probably see ADP the most amongst large companies

There’s also a bunch of PEO’s (Professional Employer Organization) that small start ups use.

Workday works pretty well personally.

workday does not do stand alone payroll. you need to purchase their entire HCM product and pay for it

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Bumping this thread... is there a payroll service that also submits the certified payroll docs to DIR and the prime contractor for PW projects?
Currently with Paychex, but would like an all in one service.

This is really what sold my boss on using TAG Payroll Services They said that their system would print all CPR's and non performances for every open project, we still have to manually submit thought. We have over 150 open projects, so even just the non performance management was a ton of work. Let me tell you this. We had three women in the office before we made the switch, and we have three women in the office a year later. It has saved us zero time, and our payroll is a mess.

GMD

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. Gordon

brendellajet

Reaction score
Currently using Trinet, spent some time with Insperity as well, both PEO's. They do all payroll, benefits admin & HR. You have to provide info(hours, etc), but they make sure you don't screw anything up too. It's a nice service, but you lose some control.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
We used BBSI, no complaints, they were very professional, but they require you to have WC ins. through them and that wasn’t working for us so we left. We saved a ton on WC through a co-op type coverage, and got a new payroll company. The company is TAG Payroll Services out of Phoenix. I would not recommend them if your in construction. Their system is just not setup to deal with jobs, cost codes, etc. that comes with a large construction project.
Did they send in a “safety manager” ?😂
Eliminator used them for a time back before the recession.
They sent one in to the shop and we had a couple of “discussions” 😎
I walked the high road the first time and stumped him with logic before asking him to kindly get out of my work space.
The second time he got what I give Grads around here😎😂

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. We were put on notice that our payroll service is increasing our costs by over 300%. They bit off more than they can chew and want us to go elsewhere, but apparently have found a price that would work for them to keep us as a client. @Hammer did you find a service that can handle the labor compliance stuff? This is what sold us on our current payroll servicer, automated non-performance reports and other labor compliance reports. We are a union call-out/dispatch welding contractor, we can start 20 new jobs a week in our system with each job requiring a non-performance for the duration of the project until closeout, even if we only have a single day worked for 8hrs or less.

The only type of company I can think would be in a similar boat as we are with guys being dispatched all over on a daily basis for public works projects would be a crane company, utility locate company (air-x or the like), or concrete cutting. There has to be a payroll solution that doesn't require such labor intensive hands on management of labor compliance paperwork here in CA?

Hammer

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. We were put on notice that our payroll service is increasing our costs by over 300%. They bit off more than they can chew and want us to go elsewhere, but apparently have found a price that would work for them to keep us as a client. @Hammer did you find a service that can handle the labor compliance stuff? This is what sold us on our current payroll servicer, automated non-performance reports and other labor compliance reports. We are a union call-out/dispatch welding contractor, we can start 20 new jobs a week in our system with each job requiring a non-performance for the duration of the project until closeout, even if we only have a single day worked for 8hrs or less.

The only type of company I can think would be in a similar boat as we are with guys being dispatched all over on a daily basis for public works projects would be a crane company, utility locate company (air-x or the like), or concrete cutting. There has to be a payroll solution that doesn't require such labor intensive hands on management of labor compliance paperwork here in CA?
No I did not find a new one .

jet496

Reaction score
We do payroll inhouse & not sure how it works if we used a payroll service since we assign job numbers (service invoices or construction jobs) in order to track. We currently do that in Quickbooks with Intuit. Is Intuit the same as the others? We do everything basically.