WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Peltor Helmets

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Anyone know where the hot deal (if any) is for the Peltor? Need to do some upgrading from the current communications systems I have.
Thanks
________
Honda cb1

Last edited:

recalcush

Reaction score
hello denny-

its rob ettinger

the guy to talk to is hollywood/mark @ solder joint 800 345-7234 or 714 997-8535.he used to stock them.heading to the river this weekend?i will be out fri-mon stop by.

Oz Dude

Reaction score
How fast do you guys run??

The reason I ask is last year I picked up a wireless comms set and fitted to existing helmets. They use Bluetooth to communicate. If you're using full face helmets, they's be good up to about 80mph and they're very low cost compared to a set of full comms helmets like Peltors.

The system I bought was the Scala Team Rider (comes with 2 units as a set). Always avail on ebay. They're designed for motorcycle riding and so are water resistant (perfect for ski racing). From memory mine were A$200.

Ours worked quite well but we use helmets with only a visor (no chin piece) and they got a little noisy after about 65mph. Was ok for 60mph races though - crystal clear.

Oz

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
How fast do you guys run??

The reason I ask is last year I picked up a wireless comms set and fitted to existing helmets. They use Bluetooth to communicate. If you're using full face helmets, they's be good up to about 80mph and they're very low cost compared to a set of full comms helmets like Peltors.

The system I bought was the Scala Team Rider (comes with 2 units as a set). Always avail on ebay. They're designed for motorcycle riding and so are water resistant (perfect for ski racing). From memory mine were A$200.

Ours worked quite well but we use helmets with only a visor (no chin piece) and they got a little noisy after about 65mph. Was ok for 60mph races though - crystal clear.

Oz

Tony

The Pelator stuff is what most of the guys here use, or were using when I was last around it. The noise canceling is very good, work at any of the speeds I ever used them at with the open face helmets.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
hello denny-

its rob ettinger

the guy to talk to is hollywood/mark @ solder joint 800 345-7234 or 714 997-8535.he used to stock them.heading to the river this weekend?i will be out fri-mon stop by.

See you at the river this weekend Rob. :) Gotta bring you some shirts!

RD

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
hello denny-

its rob ettinger

Thanks for the info Rob. I had such a blast driving the Puddingstone deal, loks like I'll be joining back in for some more driving. I'm towing 197 back out early Sat AM...I'll stop by during the bewitching hour...probably Saturday.

DV
________
Nervous system disorders forums

Last edited: