WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

People keep asking me what happened..

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
I broke my foot in Taladega 10 years ago. Middle of the night walking down taladega blvd taking in the sights and put my foot through a black cornhole board. Had to walk a mile to get back to motor home and went to infield care unit the next morning. Wrapped me up and gave me crutches and said go have surgery when you get home. Holy shit that was a long flight home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Where do I get that?

When you check in with agent (full service line) or with gate agent at boarding gate.
Get the medical pre-board. Then once on flight explain situation and most flight attendants will try to work with you, if flight is under sold.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
All the best Dave, hope get well soon.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Best advice for the drive home, is slow down. It really does help, makes all the bumps less painful.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Best to you both. When this is over Stacy deserves a weekend at a 5 star Spa in Sedona !!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just landed in Vegas. Weirdest thing everyone was saying my foot would swell up and it would be misery.

I swear from the time I got on the plane until just now.. virtually zero pain!

Just kinda feels like my foot is asleep. Feels amaze balls compared to what it has felt like the previous 30 hours!

Frank the driver is already here to pick us up. :).

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Just landed in Vegas. Weirdest thing everyone was saying my foot would swell up and it would be misery.

I swear from the time I got on the plane until just now.. virtually zero pain!

Just kinda feels like my foot is asleep. Feels amaze balls compared to what it has felt like the previous 30 hours!

Frank the driver is already here to pick us up. :).
Is it blue?, maybe you lost circulation

HB2LHC

Reaction score
Damn heal up RD. Such a bummer sorry to hear. Stoked it didn’t hurt on the plane. Vinnie

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Get well soon bud! Of course right in the middle of summer too.

My mom fell and broke her knee cap last month. They live in Boulder City and love to sit by their pool. No summer for her either.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Take care of yourself Dave. Sorry about your luck man but you will get through it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Best advice for the drive home, is slow down. It really does help, makes all the bumps less painful.

Frank is in it to win it.. and I’m in the back making the best of it.

9748711E-C4A9-4456-9128-54D979C19B91.jpeg

Dana757

Reaction score
wow tough lick! Really sorry to hear this. take care the best you can. I couldn't imagine traveling like that.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Damn... Shit happens Dave. Sorry it was on THIS trip. Tough break (literally).

I still have a plate and 5 screws in my left ankle from 30 years ago..

Patyacht

Reaction score
Wow. Shit happens but the Timing really sucks. I'd offer my assistance but I'm heading to Phoenix for back surgery on Wednesday! Maybe we could have a "Layed Up Rendezvous" later this summer. LOL Get well soon!!

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Well we are finally home and Dave is fixed up on the couch since our bed is too high for him to hang his leg off as he needs to periodically to relieve pressure. I’m starting my search for a surgeon this morning. If anyone has a recommendation for an amazing ankle surgeon in Phoenix or Havasu, now would be the time to speak up.

Mr.Puck

Reaction score
I’m not going to say RD SUX, but I will say this SUX RD ! Hope you heal fast!

Patyacht

Reaction score
My wife and I have used Mark Davis of Specialty Associates Orthopedic Group in Havasu. Really like his "Bedside Manner", looks you in the eye, tells it like it is etc. Not sure if he does Ankles but worth a try to ask. 928-453-0111. He did my wife's Knee with excellent results. I had a separated shoulder and he told me he'd fix it but it would separate again in 5 years. I passed on the surgery! Good Luck!

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
So far for Havasu, Dr. Heiner is the only person that comes highly recommended. We will be meeting him tomorrow. I really appreciate any opinions or recommendations you guys might have on the surgeon front. My ankle surgeon was at CORE in Encinitas and I realize how important it was in having someone that knows ankles well.

https://www.lakesideoi.com/meet-us/dr-daniel-heiner/

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it home. Try not to overdo things.... it is frustrating to just lay around, but it is for the best right now.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Sorry for this Stacy:
Dave - Stay put and have Stacy take care of things. The more you move the worse it will get. You and the TV remote need to be parked.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
So sorry you guys have to go through this hope the surgery goes well and you are back on your feet soon with no long term issues.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Dr. Heiner is a very well know orthopedic surgeon here in LHC. He is very well thought of. Plus, they have their own large
on site pool, if pool PT is needed. Always great when you can find a local doctor who you like.

riverroyal

Reaction score
So far for Havasu, Dr. Heiner is the only person that comes highly recommended. We will be meeting him tomorrow. I really appreciate any opinions or recommendations you guys might have on the surgeon front. My ankle surgeon was at CORE in Encinitas and I realize how important it was in having someone that knows ankles well.

I’ve had some bones fixed there. Let me know if you need anything in Encinitas. I pass core everyday

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Well we are finally home and Dave is fixed up on the couch since our bed is too high for him to hang his leg off as he needs to periodically to relieve pressure. I’m starting my search for a surgeon this morning. If anyone has a recommendation for an amazing ankle surgeon in Phoenix or Havasu, now would be the time to speak up.

This is the handiwork of the one I texted you about. Dr. Scott Maling of Desert Foot and Ankle. Hospital he operates out of is 10 minutes from my house and we have 2 extra rooms if you guys need to stay for a few days.

Foot1.jpg
Foot2.jpg
Foot3.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score

Wife spends hours at Core Encinitas every week. Know a few dr at Scripts Encinitas as well.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Dr. Heiner is a very well know orthopedic surgeon here in LHC. He is very well thought of. Plus, they have their own large
on site pool, if pool PT is needed. Always great when you can find a local doctor who you like.

Dr. Heiner also has a degree in mechanical engineering, I was pretty impressed with him. He would be my first choice in Lake Havasu.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Here is who did the plate in my leg when it was both the ankle and spiral fractured leg. He came to my wife, highly recommended.

Dwight S Keller
OrthoArizona.org
480-964-2908
Gilbert/Mesa Az

If you have any questions, call me. Dave has my number

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m more bummed about this ducking up the whole summer.. From everything I have been reading and been told none of this shit is gonna be quick.

JD D05

Reaction score
I’m more bummed about this ducking up the whole summer.. From everything I have been reading and been told none of this shit is gonna be quick.

You got a haul ahead, probably lot's of PT also. I bet you will be doing a good amount of Stim in PT. You should go ahead and get your own.

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
Do your arm pits a favor and get a knee scooter, and a Lazy Boy if you don't already have one. Crutches suck.

I got real good on those thing's. I was on them for months in high school up and down stairs.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Just be careful not to make to sharp of turns! Learned that the hard way!

mbrown2

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it RD....Stacy is a focking trooper! It sux and recovery will take a bit of time. Take rehab serious as it is difference between putting this behind you or it being something stays with you. Really sux that it had to happen on the other side of the country. Get well soon.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Well they are going to make you Bionic Man. Plus they give you a card to show tsa when you get on an air plane.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
yeah it will take awhile. when i broke my ankle i figured once i got the cast off i would be good to go. oh no it took a good month after that just to hobble around.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Do your arm pits a favor and get a knee scooter, and a Lazy Boy if you don't already have one. Crutches suck.
How long before it has 3 axles?

Also watch out for small rocks, they have a way of stopping the wheels from turning and boom you are noticing you the clouds

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
After all is said and done the plus side is you could really use this life changing event to change your life. You’re going to have to rehab it so maybe you can make some lifestyle changes and stick with them. I always try to find something positive in every shitty situation I’ve been in. Maybe this can help you get and stay healthy

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score

Something in mail for you
Should be amazon delivered tomorrow morning
You will laugh and enjoy
Glad your home