WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

People suck!!!!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Wife has a bucket list. Most items are to bring joy to other people. Make the world a better place Kind of mindset. I know right....How did a guy like me get such a wonderful wife. That is a story for another time.

She always said that she wanted to add some shoes to the fence on Rice Road. So this trip she went out and found two sets of shoes. Red is her favorite color and found these amazing red sequined shoes and bought then. The plan was on our way from Havasu to CA on Sunday for my meetings Monday and Tuesday weโ€™d put the shoes on the fence and to add a flag which Ziggy and Janet talked about doing. As we are driving on Rice road getting close to the spot we ready the camera and plan on videoing the shoes on the drive by.

Turns out that some lowlife decided between 8am Sunday morning and Yesterday at 3pm to steel the shoes my wife loved. She was crushed for the remainder of Rice Road. Now we are looking for another pair and only going to put one shoe out at a time.

Thanks for reading my rant.....

DFA5D822-B262-4244-BB1D-FAC9DBCD0B9B.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
People do suck. I don't understand the desire to destroy. I've been going down Rice since that gas station was an actual building and in fairly pristine condition (but wasn't operational). Now its burnt down and the area looks like a homeless encampment.

ETA: On that note, I think graffiti artists and litterbugs should be a shot on sight offense. Seriously, whats the deal with marking your territory like a dog lifting its leg, and having a desire to throw trash out when you can pack it to a trash can?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Now that is the glass half full attitude right there.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Mrs @HNL2LHC should be holding her chin high.......and next time use a sharpie to write a message/date on them ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

She did write messages on the shoes the last time and will do it again. This is my plan moving forward....look for two pairs of shoes these same red sequined shoes. Then the next time put out two left or two rights only. That was if somdone pulls them they will not have a working pair. LOL. Then after that just put out one shoe at a time.

This will be a bigger thing for the two of us in the years to come. I will have to work on getting that smile back on her face each time we drive by. She deserves joy in her life!!!!

DWC

Reaction score
A lot of my now retired Vietnam War Vet co workers left shoes on the tree in the 90โ€™s there....after peeing in them.
๐ŸคฃThe gift of giving from guys who knew evil lol
That old shoe tree must have been a hell of a stench going up in flames. Like Salton Sea with a hint of rubber/piss.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Whats the deal with leaving shoes there? Is it a memorial?

Not being a dick, but how does it make the world a better place by leaving a pair of shoes there?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That old shoe tree must have been a hell of a stench going up in flames. Like Salton Sea with a hint of rubber/piss.
Tactic worked even better in laundry irons
Or so Iโ€™m told

• Haha
Reactions: DWC

76 Southwind

Reaction score
The wife left a pair once. I wood screwed the puppies to the fence through the sole....

Dana757

Reaction score
For the record to me that's a horrible eye sore. I get the old shoe tree but this is just trash. I would love to get a group of good stewards of this earth to come together and clean it up.

Singleton

Reaction score
Fill shoe with cement so they canโ€™t be used!

your wife sounds like a keeper. Life is always better when you marry up :)

500bbc

Reaction score
Wife has a bucket list. Most items are to bring joy to other people. Make the world a better place Kind of mindset. I know right....How did a guy like me get such a wonderful wife. That is a story for another time.

She always said that she wanted to add some shoes to the fence on Rice Road. So this trip she went out and found two sets of shoes. Red is her favorite color and found these amazing red sequined shoes and bought then. The plan was on our way from Havasu to CA on Sunday for my meetings Monday and Tuesday weโ€™d put the shoes on the fence and to add a flag which Ziggy and Janet talked about doing. As we are driving on Rice road getting close to the spot we ready the camera and plan on videoing the shoes on the drive by.

Turns out that some lowlife decided between 8am Sunday morning and Yesterday at 3pm to steel the shoes my wife loved. She was crushed for the remainder of Rice Road. Now we are looking for another pair and only going to put one shoe out at a time.

Thanks for reading my rant.....

View attachment 996865
If those two pair of shoes aint tweaker bait nothing is.๐Ÿ˜†

WYRD

Reaction score
Drill a hole in them and tie a rope that way the hoodlums see a giant hole in the sole.

I'm more interested in the panty fence than the shoe tree...

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
She did write messages on the shoes the last time and will do it again. This is my plan moving forward....look for two pairs of shoes these same red sequined shoes. Then the next time put out two left or two rights only. That was if somdone pulls them they will not have a working pair. LOL. Then after that just put out one shoe at a time.

This will be a bigger thing for the two of us in the years to come. I will have to work on getting that smile back on her face each time we drive by. She deserves joy in her life!!!!

I'd put a message on the one shoe you leave there "I left $100 in the other shoe" and then not put the other shoe out there.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Whats the deal with leaving shoes there? Is it a memorial?

Not being a dick, but how does it make the world a better place by leaving a pair of shoes there?

On that line, what's the deal with the locks all over the London Bridge? Is that supposed to mean something? I see people sign the locks or write messages or drawings and then leave them. At this point the locks are locked to other locks a few layers deep.

Someone needs to grab a lock cutter and clean that up, and then change the fences to solid metal.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
On that line, what's the deal with the locks all over the London Bridge? Is that supposed to mean something? I see people sign the locks or write messages or drawings and then leave them. At this point the locks are locked to other locks a few layers deep.

Someone needs to grab a lock cutter and clean that up, and then change the fences to solid metal.

I've heard its some symbol of love or partnership. Some sappy ass shit.

gqchris

Reaction score
That sucks! But you gotta see the "First World Problems" side of it also, a brand new pair of Chucks left on the side of the road in middle of the desert? Some folks would obviously love to own a pair.

We can only hope that they went to a needy individual. I doubt it, but glass half full!

Reminds me when I was in Mexico a few years back and at a restaurant, my belt buckle broke.(Probably too much good food! LOL) I took off my belt and asked the amazing Waitress if she could throw it away for me. She says, "Oh heck no, we dont throw things away here, we fix them!". I felt like an asshole. She was so happy and said her husband would love it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That sucks! But you gotta see the "First World Problems" side of it also, a brand new pair of Chucks left on the side of the road in middle of the desert? Some folks would obviously love to own a pair.

We can only hope that they went to a needy individual. I doubt it, but glass half full!

Reminds me when I was in Mexico a few years back and at a restaurant, my belt buckle broke.(Probably too much good food! LOL) I took off my belt and asked the amazing Waitress if she could throw it away for me. She says, "Oh heck no, we dont throw things away here, we fix them!". I felt like an asshole. She was so happy and said her husband would love it.
We are a country that treats everything as expendable. Waste management is a goldmine here.

sirbob

Reaction score

I think people do it because they do it in Paris France on the bridge over the river there? Although - they cut all the locks last year off that bridge.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Sounds like she accomplished her goal to help the unfortunate. There's a homeless guy somewhere wearing red sequence shoes!

LazyLavey

Reaction score
We are a country that treats everything as expendable. Waste management is a goldmine here.
So true.. A buddies wife saw him cleaning out the rv dump hose... She said, "why don't you just buy a new one every time?"