WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

People we know lost their 19 year old son in Copper Canyon yesterday.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Did the copper canyon jump and drowned. It didn’t make the news or social media at all. Sad deal, that jump seems so simple and we have all done it or let our kids do it yet there is a pretty long list of fatalities there.

Sad deal, 19 years old.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Did the copper canyon jump and drowned. It didn’t make the news or social media at all. Sad deal, that jump seems so simple and we have all done it or let our kids do it yet there is a pretty long list of fatalities there.

Sad deal, 19 years old.
Super sad deal.
If you land wrong and get the wind knocked out of you, you sink like a rock. It was probably a good day until it wasn't. Sad.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
This is so sad. Wife and I were hanging at the nautical yesterday and someone came in and mentioned this to one of the servers and she told us. We didn’t hear anything else so we were praying it wasn’t true. This is so sad. RIP young man.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Definitely a horrible way to go, my wife saw something on the fb about divers down searching for a body but didn’t have any other information listed.

Hammer

Reaction score
RIP. That’s horrible. Prayers to all that are hurting [emoji3525]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
We have anchored and watched so many make that jump. I never wanted my kids to jump off more than the low part. So sad for the family.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
RIP , we always left when they started that we came for a good time not a train wreck 🙁

Groper

Reaction score
Definitely a horrible way to go, my wife saw something on the fb about divers down searching for a body but didn’t have any other information listed.
That might have been a different situation earlier in the week.

We hung out in CC a few weeks ago for the first time in years and saw a young kid jump off the top and over rotated and landed sideways but was ok, too many new visitors don't know what's under the surface. The group that was doing the jumping were all off of a rental Toon.

Sad for the family's involved :(

Mikes56

Reaction score
Imagine what it’s like going home without everyone you brought to the lake. I’ve seen it several times when I was working at Pyramid and Castaic Lake. Don’t be afraid to be the downer and tell someone no.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
That might have been a different situation earlier in the week.

We hung out in CC a few weeks ago for the first time in years and saw a young kid jump off the top and over rotated and landed sideways but was ok, too many new visitors don't know what's under the surface. The group that was doing the jumping were all off of a rental Toon.

Sad for the family's involved :(
No she saw it yesterday, and was in relation to an incident that afternoon.

Backlash

Reaction score
How horrible. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the young man. Another one taken too soon. 😥

sintax

Reaction score
Man, that’s terrible and beyond sad.

I guess there’s a lot of stuff we just do that we don’t think about fully.

RIP

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So sad. Best to the family.

CoronaChris

Reaction score
Horrible News, so sorry to hear about this. Prayers sent

smilemaker

Reaction score
Over the years I've seen three souls killed at the river and Havasu. CC, was hanging with the King of SX and his crew. A young college kid was drunk and trying to take his trunks off to jump naked, slipped, hit his head and fell. I actually used my boat to haul a diver over to look for him. 15 minutes to find. Revived him and then lost him. That was my last time in CC.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Too young ;(

condolences to all friends and family.

RIP

sunsoaker8

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this sad news. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Imagine trying to tell someone not to jump there and the likelihood of them listening. Such a shame. I can't imagine the horror for the family and friends.

RIP

One2go

Reaction score
Condolences to the family and friends

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Rest in peace young man. Prayers to family and friends.

Times Like These

Reaction score
Terrible news

Something like this happened years ago. Since then I’ve kept a mini dive tank and some weights in the boat. Never had to use it, but wanted to be prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I couldn’t Even imagine. 😢

my kids like to jump the rock at the lower sandbar in Parker. It’s never relaxing for me when they do.

Same. All the time. Myself included back in the 70's and 80's. Hell even off idiot rock across from echo when I was a young teen.

How horrible for his parents. Has me rethinking allowing that at least if their in my control. They are all adults now 18 and 22 so how that works well find out.

Last April we were there and my son Evan was doing back flips and shit, small crowd cheering....don't know, perhaps a big mistake.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
So sad. Prayers to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk