WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Performance Fiberglass, La Habra California

OkHallett270

Reaction score
What’s up RDP, anyone have any experience with Performance Fiberglass in La Habra? I have the engines out of my Hallett for some refresh work and I’m needing a bulkhead replaced and some gel touch up. I have a good friend who was a boat mechanic in the LB area for years. He recommended this shop after I told him I had been in talks with Jerry Barron. They did some work on his Bahner and it turned out good, just wondering if anyone else had any experience with them. I did a search and a thread from 2009 came up where a guys boat delaminated and his insurance company wanted him to take it there for repairs, but that’s as far as that went. As far as I could tell from the thread he didn’t end up having his boat worked on there. Jerry actually seemed reasonable but won’t give me a concrete estimate til I bring the boat out to him. I’m in west Texas. If the work is done right though it’s worth my time and fuel money to take it out there. Thanks!

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
What info do you need I could go by and check the shop my buddy rich will probably have info on them

OkHallett270

Reaction score
I was just looking for opinions on what kinda work they do. Is it a quality repair facility? Do they do do solid work? Does anyone have something they fixed and was it satisfactory? I appreciate the offer, but you don’t need to go by there. I trust my friends opinion, just wanted to get a consensus from the inmates on the place. Seems like there always a general opinion of most west coast fiberglass repair places on this site. Being from Texas I figured I would put out some feelers before I make a final decision to drive 16 hours boat in tow.

nickcerda909

Reaction score
They do great quality work. John's the owner and is a stand up guy. you will not be disappointed in there work

wzuber

Reaction score
That's A hell of long way to go just for a bulk head and gell touch up. Are there seriously no boat builders Or repair facilities in texas? Maybe ask @Shlbyntro in the Austin area, he's in the repair biz there, maybe he's got a good referral?
Good luck bud.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
this whole deal started out with me taking it to Barron to have the guys who built it fix it. I really like the idea of that. Also, I feel like the west coast shops would do a better job than any of the shops around here. Lastly, my good buddy lives out there and it would be a good reason to come spend a weekend visiting him and his family. I enjoy driving, almost like a mini vacation for me to be honest.

wzuber

Reaction score
All sound, solid reasons.....a little windshield therapy is good for the soul. Have a safe trip. :)