WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Perspective : Thank you for your service :

LowRiver2

Reaction score
For those on the line. Thank you
These words were well written and pretty much a reminder of why many still answer the call day in/day out :

Sometimes it bothers me when people I know say how much they dislike cops.. and how most cops are assholes and how we get away with so much. Then I remind myself their hatred and ignorance is a measure of our success. They have no idea what a terrible world lays in wait outside their doorsteps, because we keep the terrible away. They sleep safely in their beds because we're awake in places they'd never want to be. We have so far removed them from the realities of what we see and who we deal with, they live clueless, blissful lives thinking we're the problem. If we're your biggest gripe at the end of the day, then we've done our job. We've kept the bad guys you don't think exist from taking everything you have. We're willing to give up everything we have --- up to and including our lives ---- for you, regardless of how unaware and unappreciative you are. So thank you for the occasional unsupportive comments and snide remarks about an occupation you know nothing about. It shows how relatively crime free your life is, a service my brothers and sisters will continue to provide in spite of your attitude.

ridebig

Reaction score
More power to you. I for one total support the blue. I have many friends that are blue. These are some of the best people I know. It’s unbelievable the trashing you are taking every day. I proudly were me defend the blue shirt and fly my blue line flag!!!

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
I did 38 years and it amazed me how people in the community had no idea what was happening in their city crime wise. Also, most people have no idea what’s involved with being a law enforcement officer.

From the looks of what’s happening in our country now, it doesn’t look like law enforcement is going to get any easier or the get the respect it deserves. God Bless the first responders.

Howard23

Reaction score
These words were well written and pretty much a reminder of why many still answer the call day in/day out :

Sometimes it bothers me when people I know say how much they dislike cops.. and how most cops are assholes and how we get away with so much. Then I remind myself their hatred and ignorance is a measure of our success. They have no idea what a terrible world lays in wait outside their doorsteps, because we keep the terrible away. They sleep safely in their beds because we're awake in places they'd never want to be. We have so far removed them from the realities of what we see and who we deal with, they live clueless, blissful lives thinking we're the problem. If we're your biggest gripe at the end of the day, then we've done our job. We've kept the bad guys you don't think exist from taking everything you have. We're willing to give up everything we have --- up to and including our lives ---- for you, regardless of how unaware and unappreciative you are. So thank you for the occasional unsupportive comments and snide remarks about an occupation you know nothing about. It shows how relatively crime free your life is, a service my brothers and sisters will continue to provide in spite of your attitude.
LowRiver2 .... Never met you. But ..... Thank you for your honor and service to the people! The Great US is full of ungrateful idiots in so many ways these days. I get it, trust me! I would back you up and your law bruthas any time anywhere. "Most" RDP members would do the same I truly believe. Keep doing what you know is best and believe in. Thats what it comes down too in all of us personally at some point as you well know by now sir. I Thank You for what do you daily and I RESPECT you for your sacrifices beyond words. Stay Safe out there!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
As one grows as a person, they learn more about the truths in the world around them. The more exposure to the world, the cleare our view becomes. In my youth, I failed to respect those I didn't know, including LEO's. When, and if, you try to place yourself in their shoes, the perspective is quite different.

In the self-important, and self-righteous, world we are in, nobody cares what the other side sees or does. People are not growing up, just growing older.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score

Dead nut nailed it.

Early this afternoon my phone rang, I picked it up without looking at the called ID.
A very familiar voice from the past, although very labored.
"Jeff...is that you?
This was a man who was in the business with me, at an allied agency, for some of the more difficult and frankly some of the best years of my career. I haven't talked to him in 15 years. He long long ago retired, has had some health problems, and well...he just wanted to talk. Talk to someone that remembered. I remember....truth is there is too much I can't forget, just like him.
Just like you. Like all of us.
I listened.
He talked.
He talked for over an hour. Because of his position with his agency and my position with mine we worked a lot of cases together. Years worth.
He remembers cases we worked together on, remembers convictions we got, remembers when I got called into chambers with a federal judge and 4 attorneys who wanted my CI, and I wouldn't give him up. He talked of long cold nights on stakeouts, one time sneaking in over a mountain to set up on the back door of a federal escapee who was doing a 30 up stretch for killing a cop...and we were being stalked by a damn mountain lion. Crazy stuff.
"Ya had to be there" stuff.
We covered each others asses...a lot goes unsaid.
He has been on oxygen for 15 years do to exposure to chemicals in a crank lab, this was a long time ago, when you could step into one of these anywhere...and we did...frequently.
We laughed a bit.
You are right, Lowriver...they don't know because they can't know, and that is OK...as long as they don't presume to know, because we never lose the bullshit detector...it never goes away. As long as we know, and as long as the good we do keeps getting done by the people who come after us, then what we did will not be in vain.
That is why we do it, so they don't have to know...right?

He talked.
I am going to drive up and see him next week, I think that is what he wants. I think he knows his time is coming. I will go, his wife will give us a cup of strong black coffee and some of her homemade cookies, and I will sit down at a table I spent many hours at. And he will talk.
And I will listen. I will try like hell to keep it together, and try to make any tears look like tears from laughter/
Like my signature says, we stand ready.
I just hope that we haven't done such a good job for so long that the sheepherder thinks he can get away with no more sheepdogs, because you and I know damned good and well that the wolves are still out there, just barely beyond the light from the fire, and they are watching, and waiting, just as they have always done, waiting for a moment to do their deed.
You take care brother, and pass along my profound thanks to your peers.
Know that there are old sheepdogs out there, the ones you took over for, who are also out there...watching, listening, and paying attention to you as well, looking out for you, as you look out for us, and we are here...should the need arise.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I can’t thank you enough for your wisdom filled posts over the years. I’m dead tired as I write, but thank you and glad you are making that drive to see your friend. It’s not if, always a must. I made the drive this summer. Saw an old friend from the business for the last time.
Had a Veteran Cop say back in 92’ there should be a retirement home for Cops. It would have the strongest coffee around and the lounge would be open all night long for “talking shop”
Glad to read your post, and hopeful I’ll be in your shoes one day.

Mikes56

Reaction score
For every asshole, there's a thousand that appreciate us.
Not too long ago I was in an El Pollo Loco drive-thru. When I pulled up to the window, the employee at the window said, "The car in front of you paid for your meal." They had already driven away, so I couldn't thank them.
That little gesture made all the cold nights worth it.

Wedgy

Reaction score
For every asshole, there's a thousand that appreciate us.
Not too long ago I was in an El Pollo Loco drive-thru. When I pulled up to the window, the employee at the window said, "The car in front of you paid for your meal." They had already driven away, so I couldn't thank them.
That little gesture made all the cold nights worth it.

Words fall far short to describe the job LE does for us all. My Sheriff neighbor leaves for his shift and I can't even begin to tell how his family feels about seeing him donning his Vest every day to go to work. I sincerely appreciate having the safest house in town.

LR2, ty, Mike56, LE,
20200405_184319.jpg
ya'll help make this Country a better place. Definitely add worth and perspective to the conversations here at RDP.
Godspeed to you all!
My names Buddy and I approve this message!!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

Thank YOU & your brothers & sisters who protect & serve our communities. My Dad is a retired LEO and he tried to get me into that profession but I didn't have the balls...........

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'd be heading to Glamis next week but I blew my knee out and maybe surgery Tuesday.
Damn I wanted to attend.
Semper Fi
Blggs1H.gif

spectras only

Reaction score
Only time I disliked cops where I lived, in a communist country, I was born and raised. The police was the lapdog of a oppressive government that followed soviet rules.😡 To top it off, we had a secret police [ AVO ] as well that carried out the worst offences against people who didn't agree with government polices. People in the US and Canada, growing up in prosperity in the past decades, making your own life decisions and follow the common law is freedom. This police hating and chanting for hope and change, the masses haven't got a clue what they're doing. You reap what you sow, only hardship can change a mind and realize how good they had it for so long.
Only thing is pissing me off most, is knowing, all the commie bastards [ China, Russia, NK, Iran, Cuba and Venezuela ] around the globe are gloating and laughing at the US populace, that's rooting for the demise of America.
Lowriver2, thanks for hanging around and do your job, I sure wouldn't want to help those who doesn't want it. I think the entire police force should go on a hiatus for a few months and see how the haters like it.;)

My brother in the middle, we all kneeling , was a freedom fighter during the 56 revolution and Albert to his right was a bomb expert worked for the RCMP. Albert was a collector as you can see some of the stuff around in the picture,lol.
just%20some%20guns.jpg

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Only time I disliked cops where I lived, in a communist country, I was born and raised. The police was the lapdog of a oppressive government that followed soviet rules.😡 To top it off, we had a secret police [ AVO ] as well that carried out the worst offences against people who didn't agree with government polices. People in the US and Canada, growing up in prosperity in the past decades, making your own life decisions and follow the common law is freedom. This police hating and chanting for hope and change, the masses haven't got a clue what they're doing. You reap what you sow, only hardship can change a mind and realize how good they had it for so long.
Only thing is pissing me off most, is knowing, all the commie bastards [ China, Russia, NK, Iran, Cuba and Venezuela ] around the globe are gloating and laughing at the US populace, that's rooting for the demise of America.
Lowriver2, thanks for hanging around and do your job, I sure wouldn't want to help those who doesn't want it. I think the entire police force should go on a hiatus for a few months and see how the haters like it.;)

My brother in the middle, we all kneeling , was a freedom fighter during the 56 revolution and Albert to his right was a bomb expert worked for the RCMP. Albert was a collector as you can see some of the stuff around in the picture,lol.
just%20some%20guns.jpg

I always enjoy your posts about life behind the Iron Curtain. They expose the reality of the all powerful state and the crushing oppression of the population.

This is a recent photo of a woman running for city council in Portland. Her ignorance is beyond belief, and the fact she has thousands of supporters should alarm every person in our country that loves our freedoms. It's beyond disgusting.

Screen-Shot-2020-10-13-at-7.03.24-PM.png

spectras only

Reaction score
Is that Mao and Che printed on her skirt? Idiot, all I can say.:(

Maybe Grads should start making shirts with Mao and Che prints, he could be a millionaire shortly. Make sure he uses Chinese factory though to be profitable for him.;)

rrrr

Reaction score
Is that Mao and Che printed on her skirt? Idiot, all I can say.:(

Maybe Grads should start making shirts with Mao and Che prints, he could be a millionaire shortly. Make sure he uses Chinese factory though to be profitable for him.;)

Yeah, along with Lenin and Stalin. I don't know if Pol Pot and the South American dictators are on it, but just between Mao and Stalin, the killing of well over 50 million people occurred. Some estimates place the 20th century total death toll caused by Communist dictatorships over 100 million.

Today we are discovering the left is already making lists of Trump supporters, donors, administration members, and judges, with the intent to harass and punish them in all possible manners. This is just the beginning of an unprecedented assault on our liberties, and I have no doubt the retribution will be carried out by the those in the highest positions of the government.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I can’t thank you enough for your wisdom filled posts over the years. I’m dead tired as I write, but thank you and glad you are making that drive to see your friend. It’s not if, always a must. I made the drive this summer. Saw an old friend from the business for the last time.
Had a Veteran Cop say back in 92’ there should be a retirement home for Cops. It would have the strongest coffee around and the lounge would be open all night long for “talking shop”
Glad to read your post, and hopeful I’ll be in your shoes one day.

If anything I have ever said on this website has helped you and any of the other peace officers on here get through the day better, well...then I am thankful in the extreme for that.
"Cop Coffee"...LO bloody L.
I was only 22 when I started, and back then new deputies went to the jail out of the academy. Naturally, we all drew graveyards. There was this crusty old captain with hash marks up to his elbow damn near, who came in every morning early, and would walk past booking, see what the count was, and go start a pot of coffee in the back room.
One morning about a month into it I was sitting back there cutting paper on a turd I had rolled out of a trusty position. I had pulled a 16 hours shift and it was my Friday, and I was a zombie. He looked at me when the pot was done and said, "you were here when I left last night, ya look like you could use a cup, you want?" holding out a styrofoam cup.
Damn nice guy.
"No thank you sir, I don't drink coffee."
His face split into a ear to ear grin, and he turned to walk back to his office as he said, "You stay in this job, you will"
He was right. I lasted 2 more weeks.
Can you imagine the choir practices at a cop retirement home? Would make Wambaugh's books look like readers for 3rd graders, LOL.

TBulger

Reaction score
As you yourself said,"we don't know what we don't know". Thank you for your service old man.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
THANK ALL OF YOU WHO SERVE IN LAW ENFORCEMENT (and those in the past) , Its truly noble work ! You Men and women are all the stands between citizens and evil doers !!

HBCraig

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Very much appreciate what you do. My god son is LV metro PD and has been on for about 18 months. I worry about him a lot.