WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PGA Championship

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Anyone else watch Phil's final round yesterday? Normally we have a thread going for the majors but it looks like everyone was busy. I was on the couch recovering from a weekend trip to New Buffalo, and watched most of it.

Can't help but root for Phil, and the gallery was great all day (other than the "Get in the hole" idiots). That final walk up to the green on 18 with the crowd behind the golfers was pretty cool to watch after the last year.

Almost seemed like a "normal" Sunday.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I wanted to watch it but I was driving all damn day. Glad to see Phil can still pull it out! Years ago at Torrey Pines I watched him tee off from the gallery. His caddy tossed me Phil's broken tee. This was his drive where his ball got stuck in a eucalyptus tree. I stuck it in a bag with the newspaper article about the incident. Kinda dumb, kinda interesting.

Glad to see Fowler back in top ten too. Surprised to see Xander didn't make the cut. I am always surprised how hot and cold these guys can be from week to week.

Last edited:

Wolskis

Reaction score
He certainly spent time on each shot. Really focused. I was hoping the younger guys would have given him more of challenge yesterday. Good for Phil.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Never been a huge fan of Phil but was happy to see him give Koepka a smack down. The old man in me was pretty happy to see Phil pull it off.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
He certainly spent time on each shot. Really focused. I was hoping the younger guys would have given him more of challenge yesterday. Good for Phil.

I was waiting for Phil to be Phil, bit instead we got PHIL!!

nowski

Reaction score
Never been a huge fan of Phil but was happy to see him give Koepka a smack down. The old man in me was pretty happy to see Phil pull it off.

Koepka's feelings and ego were a little (butt) hurt knowing the gallery wasn't rooting for him. Maybe he needs to re-evaluate his strategy, shooting +2 on the final day typically doesn't get the job done when playing from behind...

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
FUCKING AWESOME!!!

just below 1986 Master

nowski

Reaction score
I'll have to admit I didn't get a chance to see the PGA Championship live, I was to busy getting robbed at Pirates over the weekend. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Koepka's feelings and ego were a little (butt) hurt knowing the gallery wasn't rooting for him. Maybe he needs to re-evaluate his strategy, shooting +2 on the final day typically doesn't get the job done when playing from behind...
He made some really poor strategy and club choice decisions that put him in bad spots. Very unlike him in majors for sure.

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score
I wanted to watch it but I was driving all damn day. Glad to see Phil can still pull it out! Years ago at Torrey Pines I watched him tee off from the gallery. His caddy tossed me Phil's broken tee. This was his drive where his ball got stuck in a eucalyptus tree. I stuck it in a bag with the newspaper article about the incident. Kinda dumb, kinda interesting.

Glad to see Fowler back in top ten too. Surprised to see Xander didn't make the cut. I am always surprised how hot and cold these guys can be from week to week.
Me too. Thats golf though. im 36 and have been playing since 6yo and that pretty much never goes away. It just steps up in levels lol.

RodnJen

Reaction score
It was truly a grind for all those guys. Happy to see Phil close it out and set a record.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
This was great to see, Phil was on fire! I stayed on Kiawah Island 3 weeks ago and played the ocean course (and a few others). The course was amazingly difficult with the wind, so cool to watch how they did it!!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Congrats to Phil. Been rooting for him for awhile.

JRS1939

Reaction score
This is getting great, quickly....

mbrown2

Reaction score
This is getting great, quickly....

Some funny shit going down between those two since that Brooke's interview....about time we had some drama in golf! Great for the sport!