WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phoenix area observation

pavski2

Reaction score
We are in the West Valley for the boys baseball this week and It seems like 80% of the billboards are for Accident/Injury Lawyers, everywhere we drive. What is the deal with that? Just an observation.

cakemoto

Reaction score
We are in the West Valley for the boys baseball this week and It seems like 80% of the billboards are for Accident/Injury Lawyers, everywhere we drive. What is the deal with that? Just an observation.
It’s true there’s a lot of commercials on the local news channels for them also. Where are you guys at Goodyear or Peoria?

Your ad here

Reaction score
I do notice some. Its probably because in Phoenix people just love to smash their cars. A once a month bad wreck in So Cal is a daily event in Phoenix.

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
When I moved here 16 years ago there's a Lawyer group called Allcock & Associates and their billboards use to read Allcock & Ass. The radio stations were having a field day with that at the time, funny stuff. They have since changed it and yes, most every billboard out here has something to do with lawyers. You should see the 202 in the east valley.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Having driven in every major city, it’s hard to think of one where people love crashing their cars more than in Phoenix.
Give me Atlanta or LA any day as far as car crashes go.
In CA the 6” rule at 85 MPH isn’t nearly as likely to swap paint as you are being rear ended or swiped in any typical PHoenix commute.
Tailgating is the norm, seriously, sometimes I can’t even see anyone behind my work truck because they are so close...even with an empty lane they will choose to hang on your bumper 90% of the time.

I spend a lot of time in and around Phoenix area for work. We are based there, and most of our work from the Phoenix yard is within 100 miles or so. I’ll be going through there today from Globe to Havi.

Last week I saw a car almost wipe out a biker on a Harley. (On the 60 coming into town, about 10 miles from 10) They biker guy was shaking his fist and drifted right into merging ramp traffic. He tapped a car, became furious, and punched the mirror off of the vehicle...at 70 MPH.
Trailing vehicle panic stopped and created a daisy chain of hood bending!

But seriously, smashing cars is a Phoenix thing.

There can never be too many body shops in Phoenix.

pavski2

Reaction score
It’s true there’s a lot of commercials on the local news channels for them also. Where are you guys at Goodyear or Peoria?
Staying in Avondale, playing in Peoria, Goodyear, Glendale

cakemoto

Reaction score
Staying in Avondale, playing in Peoria, Goodyear, Glendale
I live one block off the freeway in Avondale off of Van Buren Avondale Boulevard come by have a beer

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
All interesting....while in Phoenix last week i did notice that there were a lot of cars missing bumper covers some even both on one car. LOL

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Sure seems like pedestrians don't fair well in Phoenix.:eek:

DWC

Reaction score
It’s similar in So Cal but doesn’t sound like that extreme. There are definitely lawyer billboards here. The Sweet Baby James ambulance chaser also sponsors half the radio station morning shows. Seems like the only other commercials are vaccine propaganda.

Cdog

Reaction score
I can tell you that Rami guy is an ass clown. He tried to buy a retail building I represented the seller on. Low ball offers to the point the seller just laughed. Sold it 60 days later for 250k more than he offered. If his legal work is anything like his negotiating I’d avoid that clown at all costs.

Cdog

Reaction score
Too many transient people here in Phx. Snow birds going slow, commuters who bought out in BFE so they can AC 4,000 sqft they never see while at work or on the freeway (much like Temecula people), clueless mid westerners, tourists & left lane campers.

Also the idiots going 80 in the slow lane while you’re merging. They’re hauling balls because the fast lane and carpool has one of the above mentioned pacing each other in the carpool, fast lane & middle lanes.

Too many F tards!!

RJ65

Reaction score
Having driven in every major city, it’s hard to think of one where people love crashing their cars more than in Phoenix.
In CA the 6” rule at 85 MPH isn’t nearly as likely to swap paint as you are being rear ended or swiped in any typical PHoenix commute.
Tailgating is the norm, seriously, sometimes I can’t even see anyone behind my work truck because they are so close...even with an empty lane they will choose to hang on your bumper 90% of the time.

I spend a lot of time in and around Phoenix area for work. We are based there, and most of our work from the Phoenix yard is within 100 miles or so. I’ll be going through there today from Globe to Havi.

Last week I saw a car almost wipe out a biker on a Harley. (On the 60 coming into town, about 10 miles from 10) They biker guy was shaking his fist and drifted right into merging ramp traffic. He tapped a car, became furious, and punched the mirror off of the vehicle...at 70 MPH.

Hey you're in my neck of the woods, Globe. At least the woods/desert that didn't burn.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I havent driven in Phoenix enough to really say one way about drivers up there, but I will say the drivers here in Tucson have to be the WORST! If someone is in the left turn last waiting to turn in on-coming traffic to you, you are gambling with your life and safety. I have never heard of or seen as many Left turn accidents as there are here. After we were hit in February last year, I've almost been hit at least 3 times in the same manner and my wife has had as many or more close calls.

wallnutz

Reaction score
The only drivers worse than Phoenix drivers are Albuquerque and Salt Lake City. I grew up in Phoenix so it doesn’t really phase me much anymore besides a little road rage once in awhile.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
No offense but I feel like in the more "Spanish Speaking" areas those billboards are on every block.

Your ad here

Reaction score
In the winter time wrong way drivers are an every day event. Scottsdale at 101 and Pima and Frank Lloyd Wright is a cluster fuck of wrong way drivers and they have no fucking clue that they are going the wrong way. You yell at them and they still don't get it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
In the winter time wrong way drivers are an every day event. Scottsdale at 101 and Pima and Frank Lloyd Wright is a cluster fuck of wrong way drivers and they have no fucking clue that they are going the wrong way. You yell at them and they still don't get it.
Their hearing aid batteries are dead. That's why they dont get it when you yell at them. lol!

azsunfun

Reaction score
you have to love 80 year old going 80 in slow lane looking in between dash and top of steering wheel.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Arizona driving is no left lane / truck restrictions. Sure the drivers suck here but there are far fewer of them than in SoCal.

The reason for all the billboards is that the sharks err I mean lawyers are always looking for new ways to make more money. Who else is advertising on billboards anyway?

kurtis500

Reaction score
Phoenix leads the nation in 2 categories... Red light running deaths and car pedestrian deaths. Im not sure if its the total number or a 'form' of those accidents.

not a stat to be proud of

kurtis500

Reaction score
The only drivers worse than Phoenix drivers are Albuquerque and Salt Lake City. I grew up in Phoenix so it doesn’t really phase me much anymore besides a little road rage once in awhile.
I drive through SLC often, not as bad as phx but its working on it

kurtis500

Reaction score

Did you hear about the head on with an 18 wheeler at Devils Canyon about a month ago. Fire and etc. ugly...

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I've lived here for close to 20 years now and the accident chaser billboards seemed to sprout up everywhere in the last couple years. That's thanks to the new I don't want to work generation who sue everyone for income. Driving here is difficult because of the transient population that brings there shitty driving habits here from all over the country. Next is the snow birds which I can't be angry at I'm going to do the same thing in 15 years. Then you have the cell phone generation who have to have that fucking thing attached to there hands 20 hours a day...

I drive commercially here and deliver all night and there's two things I see when I look out my driver side window. People using cell phones while driving (especially watching some type of video or t.v), and an never ending flow of out of state license plates.

77charger

Reaction score
The biggest problem with Arizona driving is no left lane / truck restrictions. Sure the drivers suck here but there are far fewer of them than in SoCal.

The reason for all the billboards is that the sharks err I mean lawyers are always looking for new ways to make more money. Who else is advertising on billboards anyway?
New to az about a year most times the lane restrictions don’t bother me.like said I drove all over ca and the restrictions have the trucks in right 2 lanes in so cal and during traffic good luck merging or exiting especially 710/10/or 60 fwy. The 55mph thing for them sucks too. I won’t even get started on the smooth drive to ca til I cross the river then it’s the Pepe and Pedro 10 mile drag race 61vs 60 mph. Til then I can leave cruise at 78 not tough the brakes once. Cross over the river it all changes.

2Driver

Reaction score
Lots of lawyer / accident billboards in Las Vegas as well.

I think a bunch of the lawyers that advertise in Phx are based in Vegas.

I think people are on autopilot when they are home and only take notice of the details when they are away somewhere new.

The biggest thing I see in the phx area is the wide range of speeds on the freeways. It can be 55-90 on the 101. We also don’t have much radar or enforcement as a general rule.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Lack of restrictions is a problem?! That's the only thing that keeps a lot of the highways outside of Phoenix moving. And there are lane restrictions in regards to the vehicles speed not impeding traffic as well as not driving in the left lane. They just aren't enforced nearly enough.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

charlyox

Reaction score
I think Phoenix leads the nation in wrong way driving accidents too.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Did you hear about the head on with an 18 wheeler at Devils Canyon about a month ago. Fire and etc. ugly...

Yes.
It was a topic of discussion at our morning briefing the next day.

Mike K

Reaction score
So what’s changed ?
Oh yeah … thousands of Californians moved there.
There’s your answer.
🍻

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I’ve been in Phoenix 10 years. Worst drivers anywhere I’ve been including LA and SLC. The ghetto areas in the south and west are a war zone. Check this out a couple days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
AZ is terrible.. stay in CA
It's to cold here! How is it there? 🤔
20210624_131208.jpg

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yeah it was 122 when I left my Parker pad last and 72 here. Only 50 degree difference. My line of work is not fun in the heat.

77charger

Reaction score
Yeah it was 122 when I left my Parker pad last and 72 here. Only 50 degree difference. My line of work is not fun in the heat.
I can vouch for that.I went down last thursday in havasu 2 nights in hospital,I have worked in heat before done plenty of 100 degree days in so cal but drank too much water too fast washed out my elctrolytes went dangerously low on sodium in my body.Luckily i got help or id prob be dead.I skipped my last job to get rest at my brothers place i then called him said send help.Very scary time.

All recovered now and got to work in havasu monday but i will be taking diiferent approach now.After 27 years you still learn things.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Im in Phoenix now, and yes to everything above..lol

I was in the #1 lane on the 10 doing about 85mph, about 20 miles outta town, a bit zoned out listening to some music, and next thing I know there’s a big rig like coming in hot on my ass, I moved over and he went past me, had to be doing about 90..smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I run the north loop of the 303 to work. It’s a construction zone for most of it, 55mph. I set my cruise at 69, and I’m obstructing traffic during my commute. Being passed by cars, trucks, and Semis running 75+++ while there are workers on the sides of the road. I will not drive the 10 from downtown toward the westside, mfers are CRAZY. Never a dull moment in traffic here.

Cdog

Reaction score
On my drive up north from Phx to Montana I’d say the Utah drivers are the worst I’ve seen. Fucking clueless!!