WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phoenix area shop Recommendations

J5Daytona

Reaction score
So I've got a few things I'm interested in doing on the Daytona I just bought , I've only been in phoenix for a couple of years and havent had a boat since I moved here so I dont really know anyone .
First off I need the blower scoop repainted , It has 400 plus painted on it for some reason and I want that gone asap . I tried to wetsand the lettering off but it looks like clearcoat was sprayed over it (PITA!!) .
Second I either need to have the carpet in it reworked because for some reason it doesnt have a cutout for the ski locker or possibly do Gatorstep . I talked to the company listed on the Gatorstep website in Phoenix but honestly the service manager didnt seem very knowledgeable on the product or what it would take to install it . Thew website shows that they already have the pattern for a 27 Daytona .
Third its got a few spots in the gel that could use a little love , just little dock rash things .
Finally interior is in really good shape but the stitching is pulling out at the seams on the rear seat bottoms .

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated .

Mach80

Reaction score
Octane Marine. Charlie and his guys have been working on my boats for the last 4/5 years. Highly recommend them.

Steve Combs

Reaction score
Here is the gator step mold in our 27 ,but be careful with the ski locker apparently there were 2 different sizes

Attachments

• 20201219_174309.jpg
    20201219_174309.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 57

J5Daytona

Reaction score
Here is the gator step mold in our 27 ,but be careful with the ski locker apparently there were 2 different sizes
Did you have this done or just do it yourself ? I'm just curious if there is special prep work or if it is basically just placing stickers ?

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Echoing everyone else here, Octane Marine is the Phx area go-to for performance boats. They can coordinate gel repair, trailer, etc as well.

For the flooring, check out SC Wake. Octane could probably coordinate this for you also but I'm not sure who does their installs. SC wake is a SeaDek fabricator but IMO the EVA foam material is pretty similar between the 2 brands & final install quality mostly depends upon the fabricator/installer.

-Zack

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I've used Charlie at Octane for more than 10 years. The new shop is a great facility. If you need work done, I recommend calling ASAP to get on the waitlist, as I suspect that they are slammed. I know they were backed up last year (as were most shops)

Steve Combs

Reaction score
Did you have this done or just do it yourself ? I'm just curious if there is special prep work or if it is basically just placing stickers ?
I installed it my self, pretty simple process, I just followed the directions from gator step, worst part was making sure everything lined up

J5Daytona

Reaction score
I installed it my self, pretty simple process, I just followed the directions from gator step, worst part was making sure everything lined up
Did you have snap in carpet before ? I currently do and while removing the snaps seems like it would be easy enough not quite sure what to do about the holes left behind . Also I notice you dont have hinges on your ski locker , mine is the same way . Do they just stay in place ?

Steve Combs

Reaction score
Yes I had snap in carpet ,all of the holes are covered a couple of the holes were right on the edge of the gator step , yes no hinge in ski locker , I have one to put in