WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phoenix beef delivery April 15

wash11

Reaction score
I've been working on this for about a year- it's finally coming together.

Please pass this along to friends in family in Phoenix.

We are bringing a freezer full of our almost world-famous beef to Phoenix/Valley area!

*Our most popular offering is a ¼ beef. This is grass fed, grain finished, grilling and smoking hero stuff- the best we have to offer. Averaging 125-135lbs of individually wrapped and labeled steaks, roasts, ribs, ground beef, and premium cuts like brisket and tri-tip. You’ll need 6-7 cubic feet of freezer space to comfortably organize your goodies. The typical family of four will eat a ¼ within 9-10 months but your beef is good for a year and longer when kept frozen so no need to rush! The complete cost including delivery is $1400 per ¼ (yes we can do ½ and whole steers too!)

Our Phoenix customers have traveled to Havasu for years to pick up, we can't tell you guys how much that has meant to us. This is sure to make filling your freezer much more convenient.

Call or text Joel anytime 928-486-4043

Last edited:

wash11

Reaction score
We’ve been at this a long time now, constantly improving our game. Our marbling, flavor, tenderness, packaging and cut list is something we’ve constantly worked on to improve and our customers let us know we’re doing great stuff. If you haven’t bought beef from us in a few years, we’re in a different league now.

The latest “standard cut” is meant to maximize the number of steaks per 1/4. We now do trimmed chuck steaks, flat iron and Delmonaco steaks instead of being heavy on chuck roasts. We dropped t-bone and porterhouse, splitting them into New York strips and petite tenderloins. Here’s a copy of a sample 1/4 cut sheet.

D308CBD4-9F61-4814-938B-28C576FB6BF5.jpeg

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Hey @wash11, what’s the typical “shelf life” of the meat if properly frozen? You mention a 1/4 should last a family of 4, 7-9 months. But is there a point where the meat starts losing its flavor?

wash11

Reaction score
Hey @wash11, what’s the typical “shelf life” of the meat if properly frozen? You mention a 1/4 should last a family of 4, 7-9 months. But is there a point where the meat starts losing its flavor?
Our butcher guarantees freshness for 1 year as long as it’s kept frozen. We eat 2 year old cuts on the regular and I can’t tell the difference between 2 months and two years. Great question 👍

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Hello,

If timing is right I might want to pickup some of your ground beef. We burned through that pretty quick. What is the going rate on average for just the ground beef at this point?

hallett21

Reaction score
Our butcher guarantees freshness for 1 year as long as it’s kept frozen. We eat 2 year old cuts on the regular and I can’t tell the difference between 2 months and two years. Great question 👍
How big is your guys herd now?

wash11

Reaction score
Hello,

If timing is right I might want to pickup some of your ground beef. We burned through that pretty quick. What is the going rate on average for just the ground beef at this point?
2lb packages are $21.00, including delivery. Just let me know how many you want and I can bring with.

Reactions: t&y

HBCraig

Reaction score
I've been working on this for about a year- it's finally coming together.

Please pass this along to friends in family in Southern California. The last time we offered delivery to this area was 2017!

We are bringing a freezer full of our almost world-famous beef to Huntington Beach! We will be traveling down the 15 to the 91 into Orange County Friday, March 17th, and can meet anywhere along that route or if you're close enough we'll do home delivery. Everything is frozen solid making transport home safe and easy. We can also meet in Santa Ana on the morning of Saturday the 18th.

*Our most popular offering is a ¼ beef. This is grass fed, grain finished, grilling and smoking hero stuff- the best we have to offer. Averaging 125-135lbs of individually wrapped and labeled steaks, roasts, ribs, ground beef, and premium cuts like brisket and tri-tip. You’ll need 6-7 cubic feet of freezer space to comfortably organize your goodies. The typical family of four will eat a ¼ within 9-10 months but your beef is good for a year and longer when kept frozen so no need to rush! The complete cost including delivery is $1400 per ¼ (yes we can do ½ and whole steers too!)

Our Socal customers have traveled to Havasu for years to pick up, we can't tell you guys how much that has meant to us. This is sure to make filling your freezer much more convenient.

Call or text Joel anytime 928-486-4043
Is The Beef Palace in HB one of your buyers?

wash11

Reaction score
I don't know if I have the freezer room for a 1/4
Is that the minimum order?
I can have Amy do one of her 40ish pound sample boxes. It’s a good mix of steaks, a roast, brisket or a tri tip, short ribs ground beef and whatever else she likes to put in there. $500 includes OC delivery.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Every time I cook up some of the 1/2 cow I bought I am surprised by the quality and flavor. Even frozen it is SO much fresher than what I was buying from a decent meat market. Ground Beef is true red, 1st Brisket was amazing (saving the second half for later) the rib-eyes and all steaks are phenominal. The Chuck Roasts are incredible. Everybody I feed begs me to buy another 1/2 next year.

Last edited:

Richard.E

Reaction score
Is The Beef Palace in HB one of your buyers?
Joel’s steaks are far better than the beef palace. And they are allegedly the gold standard of Orange County.

I’ve been buying from him for years now. His dedication and service is second to none. And now he is is delivering to Orange County. What more could you
want?

Attachments

• 7CA5032F-09AF-4B98-9A33-3C6D2255B494.jpeg
    7CA5032F-09AF-4B98-9A33-3C6D2255B494.jpeg
    921.9 KB · Views: 76

Zed

Reaction score
Any age on these before frozen? Whats the average weight before harvesting? How long on grain before harvest?

wet hull

Reaction score
I definitely want in on this. I would need to do the 18th unless another member from North San Diego is grabbing on 17th? I will get a order list together of what an how much.

wash11

Reaction score
I definitely want in on this. I would need to do the 18th unless another member from North San Diego is grabbing on 17th? I will get an order list together of what an how much.
Great! Text me anytime 928-486-4043 Joel

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Sent you a text about a ground beef order.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Ok ok. Is this really that good? I did some ground beef about 4-5 years ago and it didn’t go over that well, not enough fat.

I’m timid to try the steaks, I just keep reading all the positive feed black and it’s got to be good stuff. I buy the full Ny prime strips packs from Sam’s/Costco and cut them up myself and freeze them.

Mmmm, what to do. What’s typical in the “sampler box”

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Ok ok. Is this really that good? I did some ground beef about 4-5 years ago and it didn’t go over that well, not enough fat.

I’m timid to try the steaks, I just keep reading all the positive feed black and it’s got to be good stuff. I buy the full Ny prime strips packs from Sam’s/Costco and cut them up myself and freeze them.

The hamburger meat is the best taco meat you will ever encounter…. having lived in Texas for several years that’s a bold statement to make but one that I will make.

I could’ve probably gotten away with buying a quarter, but bought a half anyway once we run through this whole order again. I will likely make a couple of small changes the cut list but other than that their advice has held up well. Tonight I am doing tips in Havasu for dinner.

One of the things I have been very impressed by is the roasts… With young kids it’s the cat’s meow.

Last edited:

Andy B.

Reaction score
The hamburger meat is the best taco meat you will ever encounter…. having lived in Texas for several years that’s a bold statement to make but one that I will make.

I could’ve probably gotten away with buying a quarter, but bought a half anyway once we run through this whole order again. I will likely make a couple of small changes the cut list but other than that their advice has held up well. Tonight I am doing tips in Havasu for dinner.

One of the things I have been very impressed by is the roasts… With young kids it’s the cat’s meow.
I'm trying the hamburger today going over to my buddies to have some beer and burgers,can't wait!

wash11

Reaction score

Really fair question!
Ground beef that you got 4 or 5 years ago would have been 100% grass fed and finished. Average fat content would be 90/10 maybe even 92/8. A lot has changed in that time. With customer feedback, we kept dialing things in. Our grass fed/finished stuff, we’re using different hay way earlier in the process and finishing longer for more fat content. What all the RDP peeps give us the thumbs up on is our version of grain finishing. Start them earlier than we used to, finish them longer and on less grain overall. Happy stomachs, perfect livers at butcher time and consistent marbling deep into the muscle.
One of our customers described it best.

“The first DCB I bought was great but the one I bought 10 years later was in a different league.”

When you really care about what you do, you never stop trying to improve. That’s us. Anyone that hasn’t bought beef from us in the last four years- we’re at a different level now.

Sample pack is a mix of steaks, a roast, short ribs, stew meat, ground beef, possibly a brisket or a tri-tip and whatever other fun stuff Amy wants to pick in there. Every one is different and with every one we are hoping it leads to a larger purchase down the line. Best foot forward for sure. You can figure on 80/20 ground beef in the sample pack which means burgers dripping down your forearms.

gqchris

Reaction score
We are sold out for the March 18th trip. We have started a list for April 7/8 (Easter Weekend) to deliver to SoCal again. Let me know if that weekend works for you.
Joel 928-486-4043
I am down for a Sampler Box on the april 7/8 trip, I think I can keep that in my Normal Freezer if I get creative!

spectra bash

Reaction score
I just picked up my first order from Joel and Amy Friday. Ground beef. Thanks again it was great to meet you both. I will send pix when making smash burgers.

wash11

Reaction score
We really enjoyed seeing everyone last weekend in SoCal. I have just a couple spots left for April 7/8 in Santa Ana again.

Starting to plan for Phoenix on April 15th. Call or text Joel at 928-486-4043

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
we're in again for the 15th. wife is checking how much room we got in the freezer.

manxman

Reaction score
We got a 1/4 from Joel when he came to socal a week or so ago. We have already burned thru about 6 lbs of burger meat. 4 lbs for burgers and 2 for tacos. Taste so good!!
Cant wait to cook up some steaks!!

JM21

Reaction score
Just placed my order for a sampler box. Excited!!!!

Andy B.

Reaction score
I've noticed since I've been eating their beef ( every 3 days or so) my blood pressure is down!! I stopped taking my BP meds 2 months ago I'm also eating cabbage instead of leaf lettuce (red,green and another mixed).
So all the beef haters can kiss my ass, yearly doc visit 126/80 I'm 58.