WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phoenix Peeps - Areas Around Scottsdale

robert1050

Reaction score
My GF needs to stay in the Scottsdale area for the next 3 months on business and she asked me to check with the peeps on here to find out if there are any sketchy neighborhoods or places to avoid in Scottsdale.

Thanks guys!

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
There are.some areas that may.not be the best but very few that she needs to avoid at all costs.
Is she planning on an apartment or hotel?
What part of Scottsdale does she need to be in?

JBS

Reaction score
Scottsdale area is broad. As the last guy said more details.

I am in a condo right now asy new house renovation has gone over by a couple of months. It is at indian school and hayden. Seems totally safe.

Close to old town which is nice.

If you can narrow it down we can get you dialed in

Sent from my iPhone

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
As others have commented, it would be helpful to know what part of Scottsdale she needs to be for business. Some parts of Scottsdale are more desirable than others.

Fourspeednup

Reaction score
Generally speaking, North Scottsdale is more upscale if that's what she's looking for. The old town (South) area is a little older but has plenty of nightlife, food, and shopping. IMO old town is much more diverse. In certain areas there could be a nasty apartment complex full of crackheads 1 block away from a Maserati dealership so it would be good to check out the neighborhood day & night prior to committing on a place.

robert1050

Reaction score
Her business is going to take her all over the state of Arizona (she was trying to think of a more central location), she suggested Scottsdale because we drove through it last year (I stopped at the Scottsdale Gun Club to drool over the guns we can't get in Calif) and she thought it looked nicer overall than a lot of other parts of Phoenix. She's got a sister that lives in the Southern part of Chandler (south of the 202 and Gilbert) and thought that area is nice also.

Thanks for the suggestions - she wants to drive out next weekend and Hotel it and we'll check out the neighborhoods day and night (per your suggestion).

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
What is she into doing when she's not at work? Will she be going into an office in PHX on a regular basis? Based on what you've said so far, I'd steer towards North Scottsdale noT too Far off the 101, maybe near 101 and Frank Lloyd Wright. Good areas all around, but with the 101 it is accessible to a lot of areas.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a family business on the edge of Scottsdale (just south of Indian School, across the street from the Valley Ho Hotel in the Metro area) -- right adjacent to Old Town Scottsdale. Overall nice area -- lots of upscale commercial and restaurants. Just be on the look-out for the occasional homeless guy in the evenings, especially during the winter months.

cruzer

Reaction score
What kind of place is she looking for? House/Condo/Apartment? Will she have an office to go to? Where is it? Will she be driving around Az? Concentrating on one area? Need detail to supply an answer...