WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phoenix peeps, peoria lunch recommendation?

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
Any great lunch locations in the Peoria area. In town today through Monday for the Cardinals game. Playing Cincinnati.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Good food? good views? Good times ?

JRS1939

Reaction score
Good bar food - moon saloon
Good sit down food - elephant bar
Good views - tilted kilt
Good wings - zipps sports bar
Good healthy food - pita jungle

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
The stadium is in Glendale and you asked about Peoria and that area covers over 100 square miles. If you can be more specific as to an intersection it would be alot easier. There are alot of really good places. NW Valley....Try Arrowhead Grill at Loop 101 and Union Hills. A little pricey but great food. Similar to Ruth Chris. Cheaper Version is right down the street on 83 Ave south of Bell Road called Firebird's.:thumbup:

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Good views - tilted kilt

You really like the Elephant Bar?

Reactions: JBS

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
The stadium is in Glendale and you asked about Peoria and that area covers over 100 square miles. If you can be more specific as to an intersection it would be alot easier. There are alot of really good places. NW Valley....Try Arrowhead Grill at Loop 101 and Union Hills. A little pricey but food. SImilar to Ruth Chris. Cheaper Version is right down the street on 83 Ave south of Bell Road called Firebird's.:thumbup:

Arrowhead Grill :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: BUT, bring a jacket. Even in the summertime. Firebirds is OK but they need to learn to cook meat in there.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
I'm sure there are plenty of good local spots but since our old shop was near the stadium I know of a few standby's. Plenty of restaurants in Westgate or if you take Northern just West of the fwy there's a shopping center with Fleming's, BJ's, etc. Just East of the 101 off 91st Ave and Northern is Street's of NY. They make a lunch sized Calzone that's great.

If you want some good local Phoenix Mexican food try Carolina's at 91's Ave and Peoria.

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
The stadium is in Glendale and you asked about Peoria and that area covers over 100 square miles. If you can be more specific as to an intersection it would be alot easier. There are alot of really good places. NW Valley....Try Arrowhead Grill at Loop 101 and Union Hills. A little pricey but great food. Similar to Ruth Chris. Cheaper Version is right down the street on 83 Ave south of Bell Road called Firebird's.:thumbup:

I'm working at the stadium, staying in Peoria and I have a rental car. Driving isn't an issue.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Yeah I think they have some good food and pretty good atmosphere. You don't ?

The waiting staff seems to get a bit testy, probably cuz the gray hairs from Sun City. The menu is pretty good and food comes fast though.

JRS1939

Reaction score
The waiting staff seems to get a bit testy, probably cuz the gray hairs from Sun City. The menu is pretty good and food comes fast though.

I don't frequent it a whole lot but they have have a great happy hour, a draft beer and burger for $7 I think.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Good views - tilted kilt

I'm sticking w these and adding Dillons at the Lake if you're ok w a short drive.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Arrowhead Grill :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: BUT, bring a jacket. Even in the summertime. Firebirds is OK but they need to learn to cook meat in there.

Arrowhead grill is a great dinner even off their bar menu. I don't know that I would recommend it for lunch.

Reaction score
Yardhouse by the stadium is always good.

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
Yardhouse by the stadium is always good.

Lunch at yard house. Dinner TBD...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408738271.730362.jpg

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Do dinner at Arrowhead Grill. You won't be disappointed.:thumbup:
8280 W Union Hills Dr, Glendale, AZ 85308
(623) 566-2224

JRS1939

Reaction score
Do dinner at Arrowhead Grill. You won't be disappointed.:thumbup:
8280 W Union Hills Dr, Glendale, AZ 85308
(623) 566-2224

Til you get the bill and wtf I just had dinner in a strip mall for $100 !!

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
$59 tomahawk filet, some mashed potatoes and a drink ! LOL

Had dinner there Saturday night two weeks ago, 22oz bone in (me) Ribeye, wife had 8oz King Crab, Lyonesse potato's, iceberg wedge and a couple N/A beers. :D

169.00 but worth it.

If you go, ask for Marcie. :thumbup:

Feelin Nauti

Reaction score
I wouldn't count dillons at lake pleasant or on N 59th ave as great food...it's okay but NOT great in my opinion...I stopped going to dillons the food is not that good in my opinion...their pulled pork is literally scooped out with an ice cream scooper,very dry and then dribbled with bbq sauce on it....the meat is dry and bland in taste...but its all personal opinion...when at lake pleasant i usually will contact the bbq on the pontoon boat via vhf and then boat on over to pick up my food..much better food in my opinion

JRS1939

Reaction score
Pulled pork is Def hit or miss. Some days it's great !

PVHCA

Reaction score
Had dinner there Saturday night two weeks ago, 22oz bone in (me) Ribeye, wife had 8oz King Crab, Lyonesse potato's, iceberg wedge and a couple N/A beers. :D

169.00 but worth it.

If you go, ask for Marcie. :thumbup:

The GF and I hit the Morton's in Palm Desert, I've got a $200 gift card that I was given so why not, I had a Kettle rocks, she had a glass of wine, she chose the filet and scallops, I had the KC bone in, lyonesse and creamed spinach and a beer, the $200 gift card didn't cover it, LOL I call the waiter over to voice some concerns, the meat and scallops were awesome, the sides flippin horrible, we left them, he looked at the sides and didn't say anything except are you interested in starting a Landry's Credit Card, I had no idea Morton's sold out, knew some things had changed.

It's hard for me to swallow $200 for 2 people and really not enjoy it.

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
On Lake Pleasant. Been on the water w Plan B since noon. C'mon up and have a Jimmy Ray Margarita!

I'm looking for Dillion's lake pleasant on the gps and cannot find it... I'm at the stadium right now.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Blu burger is just the otherside of the freeway from you. GREAT burger, possibly the best in AZ.