WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phoenix people... Dinner!

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
My wife and I are in town for a couple of days and are looking for a place for a nice dinner tomorrow night.

Suggestions? We are around the area of the 10 and 17 if there is anything around here worth going to. If we should go elsewhere, we are open...

Thanks

wallnutz

Reaction score
My wife and I are in town for a couple of days and are looking for a place for a nice dinner tomorrow night.

Suggestions? We are around the area of the 10 and 17 if there is anything around here worth going to. If we should go elsewhere, we are open...

Thanks

First please tell me you aren't staying where the 17 and 10 meet. If you are please tell me you have bullet proof vest and are heavily armed.:skull lol real crappy part of town. Let us know where you are staying, and any one of us can tell you great places all over the city.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I work right down there. What are you looking for? Durant's on central is pretty good and close by. It's a dark, cozy kind of steakhouse. I-17 and 10 is not really the best part of town though. Where are you staying exactly. Some places in the area are very shady. Others are great. A lot of new stuff going in replacing the old.

Joker

Reaction score
Steak 44 for a meal that tops Mastros. Dicks Hideaway is amazing but not a fancy sit down. Rokerij, which is also part of Richardsons.( If you go here, request to be seated downstairs in the speakeasy )

AZBrummett21

It's a Brummett
Reaction score
Cool. Richardsons on 16th is great or try and get a table below in the bar of the Rokerj.

If you want really good and hot New Mexican style food go to Los Dos Molinos on Camelback.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the suggestions so far. We are here for my wife's graduation from her MSN program through Grand Canyon University. It was kind of last minute that she wanted to come so we didn't get a chance to do much research. We are staying at the comfort inn off the 10 and 27th st. Hopefully we survive the night and make the graduation...

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the suggestions so far. We are here for my wife's graduation from her MSN program through Grand Canyon University. It was kind of last minute that she wanted to come so we didn't get a chance to do much research. We are staying at the comfort inn off the 10 and 27th st. Hopefully we survive the night and make the graduation...

Yikes. You're in the hood. Lol.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
This is what I get for telling her to set it up and not asking here first. :(

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
All mentioned are great. The Fox concepts restaurants are really perfect as mentioned by OD1. I have a few suggestions for ya too. Buck & Rider, 4225 E. Camelback Road or maybe Roka Akor in Scottsdale, "Snottsdale."

Happy Eating....

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
So where is the good part of town??? We might scrap this place and relocate if we can find something.

Closer to the Biltmore area (Camelback and 24st) and there are lots of places to eat around there. It's basically the Mecca of good food. lol.

Reaction score

Yikes. I'll wave on the drive by [emoji16][emoji16]

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Culinary Dropout has become our favorite place in Tempe.:thumbup:

This is a great choice also.

If u decide to do a fox restaurant do colinary dropout AKA The Yard on 7th street. It's much closer to I10 and it's a fun atmosphere. It's casual but nice and they have an outdoor area with cornhole, ping pong and other games.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. We will look into these places and see what her mood chooses. 👍

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Another place that is a little more swanky is Phoenix City Grill. They have great food. Joyride tacos is also good if u want more casual. I could go on all day. Hillstone, Postinos or chelseas kitchen. North Italia for Italian.

prosthogod

Reaction score
So where is the good part of town??? We might scrap this place and relocate if we can find something.

Save the money on dinner and head for a resort in scottsdale. It's slow season so should be getting cheaper. Eat at the resort, most have great restaurants. First priority is get somewhere safe!

JBS

Reaction score
Damn Tony you are in the hood. I can drop off some armaments. Just say the word.

The Embassy suites at 24th and camelback is normally reasonable. Not a resort but nice.

We are doing a bar crawl on Saturday in my hood which is Arcadia. Very close to Steak 44 which I highly recommend

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Hampton Inn Phoenix - Biltmore it is...

We bailed on the hood and rolled the dice.

We stopped at Stock and Stable tonight for a snack and a cocktail. Pretty cool place. We were going to do Culinary Dropout, but it was too crowded for us tonight. We needed some place a little more mellow.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Damn Tony you are in the hood. I can drop off some armaments. Just say the word.

The Embassy suites at 24th and camelback is normally reasonable. Not a resort but nice.

We are doing a bar crawl on Saturday in my hood which is Arcadia. Very close to Steak 44 which I highly recommend
Thanks for the offers, but I don't think we will need the hardware. And unfortunately, we have to head back Sat morning for family crap. :(

2Driver

Reaction score
There's a Vig on 16th st. Heard it was the hip place to go so I don't have any real life info. :D

JRS1939

Reaction score
This is a great choice also.

If u decide to do a fox restaurant do colinary dropout AKA The Yard on 7th street. It's much closer to I10 and it's a fun atmosphere. It's casual but nice and they have an outdoor area with cornhole, ping pong and other games.
x2 on the yard but is always busy

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Our favorite place in Phoenix is the Hotel Valley Ho in old town Scottsdale. The restaurant is top notch and the whole place has a great Rat Pack vibe....

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

I used to bartend at TeePee for +/- 7 years. Arcadia is a nice area.

JBS

Reaction score
I used to bartend at TeePee for +/- 7 years. Arcadia is a nice area.

Did not know that. One of our favorites.

Not unusual to find 530RL at the bar there.

In the short time you have been gone this area has exploded. You cannot believe all the bars and restaurants that have been added.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Did not know that. One of our favorites.

Not unusual to find 530RL at the bar there.

In the short time you have been gone this area has exploded. You cannot believe all the bars and restaurants that have been added.

I was down there for a member/guest golf tourney a few weeks ago and noticed how that area is going crazy. Good thing I didn't buy that lil 3 bedroom behind the TeePee +/- 15 years ago for an investment/rental.......... :rolleyes:rolleyes

JBS

Reaction score
I was down there for a member/guest golf tourney a few weeks ago and noticed how that area is going crazy. Good thing I didn't buy that lil 3 bedroom behind the TeePee +/- 15 years ago for an investment/rental.......... :rolleyes:rolleyes

That would of been horrible [emoji41]

Where did you play. We are members at ACC

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
That would of been horrible [emoji41]

Where did you play. We are members at ACC

Ya just horrible, that lil house was a whopping $105k...............
My buddy is a member @ Alta Mesa, it's a fantastic golf course. Very blue collar and a ton of great people without attitude.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
So we ended up choosing Culinary Dropout in Scottsdale last night for dinner. The menu got her attention since she is not a big meat eater. The food and atmosphere were both a hit. Too bad the wind was blowing the way it was. We didn't end up walking very far to check out the area. Looked like a cool place to hang out around the canal.

Thanks again everyone, you all probably saved our lives... 👍👍

DT1 😎