WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phone contacts

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Depends. I deleted my ex. I keep my no longer living friends, at least for awhile.

If I happen to change phones, or go through some eventual cleanup I may take them out at that time.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I haven’t gone through mine in a quite a while.
Didn’t realize how many aren’t with us any more. At least 4-5 out of 500. 😢

Do you keep their number or delete?
I know I'm getting old when there's quite a few people in my contacts that are no longer with us. I haven't deleted them so I can see some of the text messages.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep a text or a voicemail to a hard drive or cloud? I guess you could probably take pictures of the texts.

One way to look at it, How would you feel if you passed and they kept or deleted you from their contacts. I personally, wouldn’t have a problem being deleted. I feel you need to move on. But everybody’s different. Either way, it’s up to you. If you delete their contact, it doesn’t mean they mean anything less to you. I don’t think there is a wrong way to handle it.

hman442

Reaction score
My ex, and a few other contacts that I want to keep, so I'll know if/when they call, but don't want to see their names when scrolling through, I attach a "Z" to the front of their name, there they stay, in the contacts "dungeon".

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep a text or a voicemail to a hard drive or cloud? I guess you could probably take pictures of the texts.

One way to look at it, How would you feel if you passed and they kept or deleted you from their contacts. I personally, wouldn’t have a problem being deleted. I feel you need to move on. But everybody’s different. Either way, it’s up to you. If you delete their contact, it doesn’t mean they mean anything less to you. I don’t think there is a wrong way to handle it.
You can send voicemail messages in a file via email and save it to the cloud. It’s probably already in the cloud if it’s in your voicemails.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Verizon has the Message Plus service. All my text messages are backed up.

Works perfectly when I get a new phone. Everything magically just shows up!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Those phony FB Friends Requests from friends and relatives who’ve passed piss me off.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… being 76 years old… A lot of my contacts are gone…I would say probably 30% of my contacts… I am leaving them at my phone… Unless it’s somebody who was a real dick or a dickess…

joecfd1

Reaction score
I have probably 20 in my phone that have passed… it’s nice to scroll through my phone and smile when I see them!

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score

keep... I have over 10....

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

I keep them. I have deleted a couple of people that were friends of friends, after a few years. But friends, family, and co-workers I keep.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I have probably 20 in my phone that have passed… it’s nice to scroll through my phone and smile when I see them!

I can't say it better. Useless contacts are deleted but just because some are gone the fact that they make me smile or recall a good memory make then priceless.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Bobaloo is still in my phone. Makes me sad when I scroll past it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I have started deleting them as of late.. I have quite a few in my phone. :(

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
When my sister passed, i would still call her house when i figured no one was home to listen to the answering machine. When my brother in law remarried 5 yrs later, the machine was gone, but when he calls me, her name still shows up

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I've lost 8, some closer than others, since october 2019 and I am only 59, just heard about 2 classmates from Jr High, last night.

I delete the phone numbers if I have other things primarily photos.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I've lost 8, some closer than others, since october 2019 and I am only 59, just heard about 2 classmates from Jr High, last night.

I delete the phone numbers if I have other things primarily photos.
F**k me I just heard we lost one of our retired sacker/patchers this last monday, he was 61 years old
That makes it 9 since October 2019

gqchris

Reaction score
When my sister passed, i would still call her house when i figured no one was home to listen to the answering machine. When my brother in law remarried 5 yrs later, the machine was gone, but when he calls me, her name still shows up
Eyes swelling up here. My sister passed very unexpectedly and her Birthday popped up on my reminders a few weeks ago. I haven't deleted the reminder yet. I just had my niece send me iphone videos of my Sister playing with her grandkids so I can play her voice to my new daughter to hear.

I havent been able to make it thru watching one yet :(

I feel your pain brother on losing a Sister.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I'm "weeding out" contacts when bored waiting EG Dr's office etc , I give most all unique names so I can recognize during a call , I dont block most , One I Came across is labled ASSHAT, another is "Mike do not answer" , My Land line stays forwarded to my cell and occasionally Rhonda and Josh pick up a call ergo "unique names" ;)

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
I deleted a ton of old voicemails from my Dad about a week before he died of a sudden heart attack. Still makes me sad thinking about it. :/

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I deleted a ton of old voicemails from my Dad about a week before he died of a sudden heart attack. Still makes me sad thinking about it. :/
Exact reason why I am very careful about deleting things anymore.☹️

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Just ran though because of this thread. Still had Eddie Borges in there.

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
Eyes swelling up here. My sister passed very unexpectedly and her Birthday popped up on my reminders a few weeks ago. I haven't deleted the reminder yet. I just had my niece send me iphone videos of my Sister playing with her grandkids so I can play her voice to my new daughter to hear.

I havent been able to make it thru watching one yet :(

I feel your pain brother on losing a Sister.
and I feel yours.... :(