WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Picked up the X3 Max RR. Cottonwood AZ trip.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Found a dealer in Az that was $6K cheaper than other quotes we got.
Registered for the street we’ve been having a blast on the trails and roads in Cottonwood Az.

Dealers accessories were way overpriced so it’ll be a build project.

Clarkdale launch ramp
B726839B-83C5-4E35-87C6-3943FC50580A.jpeg

Gateway to Sedona on the horizon:
9DF082A0-7B10-4496-BE34-C09623D0A88D.jpeg

Colts Tavern great food and dog friendly:
67758373-83B1-4BEB-93D3-98374C6005BE.jpeg

X3 Max RR RS come with the recommended Fox settings suspension and it rides superb. Dog loves it too.

Nice power band, climbs good and runs the highways no sweat.

Today Broken Arrow trail Sedona.

racetrash

Reaction score
Dang, i'm missing that kind of trip, lucky rat bastard !!!

Reactions: TPC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let me know if you want to do a full build I’ll get ya in touch with randy Rizzi! Bad ass cars and will do my next one

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The road up to Jerome in an X3 is a blast. Best SXS run we’ve ever done. Amazing road course up a mile high.

Found a good dog friendly eating spot. Town about 50% shut down.
2DE78E9A-E651-4039-8632-2A96E1C8C65C.jpeg
E8377FB1-3EF7-40E0-B0FD-72EB2206B5AB.jpeg

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Broken Arrow trail:
50D1566B-E6FE-4D1D-AB19-E55B9BA35627.jpeg

River next to the camp. Didn’t know German Shepard’s swam. Ours ran right in the water.
C17A4391-7D1E-445F-901B-58D08D561CDB.jpeg

The Verde Valley is experiencing explosive growth Residential building everywhere.

We’re onto Duck Creek Sunday and join more of our friends.

Last edited:

wallnutz

Reaction score
We were just on the other side of I-17 from you. We were going to ride down to Sedona for lunch but couldn’t find out how much was open. There is some good riding over there!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Love the GSD! What dealer did you get the X3 from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandlord

Reaction score
Just got back from Deadhorse Ranch today.
Have you done the Smiley Rock trail up above Jerome.
We were in the jeep but it looked like the SXS's were having some fun too.
Broken Arrow in Sedona is a cool little trail, beautiful scenery too.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Just got back from Deadhorse Ranch today.
Have you done the Smiley Rock trail up above Jerome.
We were in the jeep but it looked like the SXS's were having some fun too.
Broken Arrow in Sedona is a cool little trail, beautiful scenery too.

If we had a group with us we’da done Smiley.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We were just on the other side of I-17 from you. We were going to ride down to Sedona for lunch but couldn’t find out how much was open. There is some good riding over there!
We ate at a few places in Sedona and experienced indifferent tourist trap attitudes and a 18% recovery fee tacked onto the tabs + tax & tip. Very expensive and mediocre fare.
On the other hand Cottonwood slop chutes and bars were filled with locals and no tourist attitude at all. Local old ranchers flirting with the wife with their native wit and natural curiosity. They claim Alice is my daughter. Genuine characters that were the best part of the trip. Cottonwood is on our list as a super place to visit. Jerome was good too. Good food, but tight parking. Arrive before 11 AM.

We booked the Verde' Gorge RR caboose and invited friends for our August trip. Full bar and food just us duners. If we have no shows Ill ask if any RDP'rs want to join us. Limited seating. Their is an Elks lodge 5 in Sedona with full hookup RV sites and room to dry camp if they are full. Wife says the Jerome Elks RV park is spooky and scary. Damfino about that take. Chix.

Last edited:

wallnutz

Reaction score
We ate at a few places in Sedona and experienced indifferent tourist trap attitudes and a 18% recovery fee tacked onto the tabs + tax.. Very expensive and mediocre fare.
On the other hand Cottonwood slop chutes and bars were filled with locals and no tourist attitude at all. Local old ranchers flirting with the wife with their native wit and natural curiosity. They think Alice is my daughter. Genuine characters that were the best part of the trip. Cottonwood is on our list as a super place to visit. Jerome was good too. Good food, but tight parking. Arrive before 11 AM.

We booked the Verde' Gorge RR caboose and invited friends for our August trip. Full bar and food just us duners. If we have no shows Ill ask if any RDP'rs want to join us. Limited seating. Their is an Elks lodge 5 miles South of Jerome with 5 HUGE full hookup RV site and room to dry camp if they are full. Wife says the RV park is spooky and scary. Damfino about that take. Chix.
There are ghosts and haunted buildings in Jerome 😜👍

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
The road up to Jerome in an X3 is a blast. Best SXS run we’ve ever done. Amazing road course up a mile high.

Found a good dog friendly eating spot. Town about 50% shut down.
View attachment 877049 View attachment 877057

There is an off-road route that we did from Camp Verde up to Jerome over memorial day. Through the tiny town of Cherry up to Mingus mountain. Would be happy to try to help walk you through it if you are ever back there.

Sandlord

Reaction score
There is an off-road route that we did from Camp Verde up to Jerome over memorial day. Through the tiny town of Cherry up to Mingus mountain. Would be happy to try to help walk you through it if you are ever back there.

Is that one wide enough for a jeep?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Is that one wide enough for a jeep?

hit dirt here, take that trail up to Cherry Creek Road, follow that up through the town of Cherry, turn right on federal mine road, hop on FS132, then FS413 and that will take you to the top of mingus mountain. Will still have a few miles on highway to get to Jerome from there.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

hit dirt here, take that trail up to Cherry Creek Road, follow that up through the town of Cherry, turn right on federal mine road, hop on FS132, then FS413 and that will take you to the top of mingus mountain. Will still have a few miles on highway to get to Jerome from there.

That sounds good we'll check it out.
We'll be back in Sedona in Aug.

One tip I can give anyone with a long Toy Hauler is come in on the I 17 and take the Cornville/Mingus road into town. The 260 has traffic circles that I do OK but would rather avoid if busy.

Last edited:

Sandlord

Reaction score
That sounds good we'll check it out.
We'll be back in Sedona in Aug.

One tip I can give anyone with a long Toy Hauler is come in on the I 17 and take the Cornville/Mingus road into town. The 260 has traffic circles that I do OK but would rather avoid if busy.

I hate those roundabouts too. They toss everything around inside the cabinets.
I took the cornville route a few weeks ago on my way home. I wish the southbound onramp was a bit longer, but it does give you a few miles to build up some speed before hitting the hill.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I hate those roundabouts too. They toss everything around inside the cabinets.
I took the cornville route a few weeks ago on my way home. I wish the southbound on ramp was a bit longer, but it does give you a few miles to build up some speed before hitting the hill.

They are too small a diameter. Towing a big pig and having to merge with other merging traffic is a pita. You are at their mercy.
If you happen to be in Jerome, Bobby B's has an off-the-chain Blue Ribbon Cheesecake. Some local makes it. We don't do deserts especially cheesecake, but here it's the exception:
e8377fb1-3ef7-40e0-b0fd-72eb2206b5ab-jpeg.877057

We ate regularly at Colts in Cottonwood. The coolest people. The pit master would walk through the building, bar and patio handing out samples to people and dogs.
Love that town.

o.jpg
o.jpg
o.jpg

Last edited:

Sandlord

Reaction score
Rainspirit.
Nice pull thrus, dog run, just down the road from Jerome.

Rain Spirit needs some shade, but its nice to see they have a pool. We put the Kayaks in the Verde River upriver from there and take them out at Toozigoot right by Rain Spirit.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Rain Spirit needs some shade, but its nice to see they have a pool. We put the Kayaks in the Verde River upriver from there and take them out at Toozigoot right by Rain Spirit.
With trees comes pin striped paint jobs and holes in your RVs roof and ac.
RV parks never trim them.
Also we like the Unobstructed views.