WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PICKLE JUICE

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I am a "bit" out of shape, OK alot out of shape!
I have been getting some really bad leg cramps at night. I have tried hydrating, I take potassium, nothing really stopped it.
Last week my wife's friend stayed with us and said to try pickle juice right out of the jar.
I dont know if it is real or just psychological, but it seems to work??
I just ordered some pure pickle juice anyone else tried this?

51dPZhIeP-L._SX679_.jpg

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Ivory soap bar in your sheets. Wife swears by it, she has a travel bar too.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I have been getting some really bad leg cramps at night. I have tried hydrating, I take potassium, nothing really stopped it.
Last week my wife's friend stayed with us and said to try pickle juice right out of the jar.

51dPZhIeP-L._SX679_.jpg

A few tablespoons of vinegar will work also.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Pickle juice is very well known, and accepted in the long distance running/ triathlon communities. Mustard is also effective, as mentioned above. Literally the little mustard packs from fast food, portable, and can be consumed while on course without serious issue.

endobear

Reaction score
Old timer I worked with you to drink some pickle juice before bed after a heavy night of drinking. Swore it was the best cure for hangovers...

707dog

Reaction score
Old timer I worked with you to drink some pickle juice before bed after a heavy night of drinking. Swore it was the best cure for hangovers...
iv used it a few times not saying it works miracles but it worked out for me

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Us skinny tire assholes use this , but once you get in good shape it seems to taper off some. Cinnamon or other flavors available.

Screenshot_20220927-223438_Chrome.jpg

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
This is the one a friend, a professional licensed athletic trainer friend (NCAA and NBA) that I know uses. But, he uses as needed, not as a daily regimen, but that’s just my swipe at knowing anything about this. Carry on.

Attachments

• 7A47A510-CAA0-418E-B42C-C931C61B4150.jpeg
    7A47A510-CAA0-418E-B42C-C931C61B4150.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Depending on the source of your cramping, your body could be short on Potassium, Sodium or even vitamin D. If you've been exerting a lot of energy in the sun and heat, sodium can be an issue. Doing tear off or hot work on roofs, I'd chug 3 gallons of water a day...and "salt pills" were used. Potassium and vitamin D are supposed to come from a normal diet, but few of us have that, and we all process it differently.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Great for indigestion. Been party'n it up all day & your tummy feels queasy? Drink some pickle juice.😁
1000x better than Tums or Pepto.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Depending on the source of your cramping, your body could be short on Potassium, Sodium or even vitamin D. If you've been exerting a lot of energy in the sun and heat, sodium can be an issue. Doing tear off or hot work on roofs, I'd chug 3 gallons of water a day...and "salt pills" were used. Potassium and vitamin D are supposed to come from a normal diet, but few of us have that, and we all process it differently.
Funny you mention roofing, I did hot asphalt for a few years right after highschool.
Thats a job for real men, not many can pull that one off for an extended amount of time.

I take a huge potassium pill every night along with 125mg vit d.
I think the cause is a pill i take to reduce calcium in my piss and its side effect is dehydration, i am constantly thirsty and drinking water.

Probably need to go have my "pill" regiment looked at again by one of them guys in the white robes!

OR maybe some mustard pickles washed down with coconut water along with a shot of salt🤣

I am going to try the juice for hangover.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
lmao i love this thread. As a former pro athlete who played in some of the hottest muggiest whether on gods green earth i can tell you without a doubt that PICKLE JUICE works and its effectiveness is almost immediate. I have also heard mustard will work but I know for certain Pickle juice works.

Ive coached quite a few tournies in the phoenix area during june and july when its africa hot. In our meetings witht he boys before the tourney we always tell them to pack tons of water and I always 100% of the time tell them to goto the local gas station and grab a pickle in the bag. They start laughing. And I have to show them a sample...inevitebly a catcher always gets cramps and i have to pull out a spare pickle.....i always keep 3 in the icechest......HAHAH

960291173-ECOM

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Funny you mention roofing, I did hot asphalt for a few years right after highschool.
Thats a job for real men, not many can pull that one off for an extended amount of time.

I think the cause is a pill i take to reduce calcium in my piss and its side effect is dehydration, i am constantly thirsty and drinking water.

Probably need to go have my "pill" regiment looked at again by one of them guys in the white robes!

OR maybe some mustard pickles washed down with coconut water along with a shot of salt🤣

Pops was an old school hot roofer for 30+ years. I'm fairly stout, and there's no doubt in my mind he could have taken me down right up until his last day. It wasn't my main meal ticket, but hot was always in the arsenal. I kept a pumper kettle until I moved up here. I preferred not to use it though😁

Obviously I don't know your age and family history stuff, but if the cramping persists it may be worthwhile to check your blood sugar. Once you find the cause, the solution will be the easy part.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
lmao i love this thread. As a former pro athlete who played in some of the hottest muggiest whether on gods green earth i can tell you without a doubt that PICKLE JUICE works and its effectiveness is almost immediate. I have also heard mustard will work but I know for certain Pickle juice works.

Ive coached quite a few tournies in the phoenix area during june and july when its africa hot. In our meetings witht he boys before the tourney we always tell them to pack tons of water and I always 100% of the time tell them to goto the local gas station and grab a pickle in the bag. They start laughing. And I have to show them a sample...inevitebly a catcher always gets cramps and i have to pull out a spare pickle.....i always keep 3 in the icechest......HAHAH

960291173-ECOM
Best part is I like dill pickles and the juice, wonder how it would be with a little vodka or as a chaser to tequilla shots!

TrollerDave

Reaction score

Do you stretch at all? I don’t get a lot of cramps, but it helps me relax and fall asleep if I stretch.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I do have to admit. I love pickle juice. Always drank it from the jars. And no. I had never heard of it for cramps. Good to know though. We always have at least 3 or 4 types in the fridge.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Pops was an old school hot roofer for 30+ years. I'm fairly stout, and there's no doubt in my mind he could have taken me down right up until his last day. It wasn't my main meal ticket, but hot was always in the arsenal. I kept a pumper kettle until I moved up here. I preferred not to use it though😁

Obviously I don't know your age and family history stuff, but if the cramping persists it may be worthwhile to check your blood sugar. Once you find the cause, the solution will be the easy part.
I worked for a GC and our roofing contractor has worked with us for 30+ years, when the owner shook my hand it always made me feel inferior. I am sure you have some good stories, I have some that are just too hard to believe from watching a lift bed truck lifted in the air with rock and we looked back to see it pop out of gear and head on down the road taking out a half dozen cars. Kettle man decided to shoot up on the job, passed out in the truck, kettle caught on fire and lit the fiberglass shields on the trucks saddle tanks. One of the guys booked down the ladder hopped in the truck drove it out and calmly grabbed an extinguisher and put out the tank shields. I decided to be a carpenter shortly after!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I worked for a GC and our roofing contractor has worked with us for 30+ years, when the owner shook my hand it always made me feel inferior. I am sure you have some good stories, I have some that are just too hard to believe from watching a lift bed truck lifted in the air with rock and we looked back to see it pop out of gear and head on down the road taking out a half dozen cars. Kettle man decided to shoot up on the job, passed out in the truck, kettle caught on fire and lit the fiberglass shields on the trucks saddle tanks. One of the guys booked down the ladder hopped in the truck drove it out and calmly grabbed an extinguisher and put out the tank shields. I decided to be a carpenter shortly after!
Yessir, even the boring, lax days, were tiring and a hair's breadth away from catastrophe...Wouldn't trade those days for anything:)

pixrthis

Reaction score
There is a show about a college football team in Mississippi and they provide pickle juice to their players during practice so you’re definitely on to something.

Berdes

Reaction score

51dPZhIeP-L._SX679_.jpg
Vodka mix? Not to sure I'd try it.

wzuber

Reaction score

960291173-ECOM
You pull your "pickle" outa the "ice chest" and give it to the boys during the "game"...
That's my kinda coach.......'jao biden'
😆 😂

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

51dPZhIeP-L._SX679_.jpg
My wife runs ultra marathons, and always drinks pickle juice during races. It always works for her. She always pours it out of a jar of pickles, and not a product like that.

I will ask if she knows about the bottles like that.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
The wife said pickle juice 100% works. She said at the races, they use the gallon jugs. She also recommended buying just plain pickle juice (like in the gallon jug), and not a pickle juice drink mixer as it may have other stuff in it.

Taboma

Reaction score
anybody try apple cider vinegar?
This product was recommended by my old fart doctor and it's worked for my wife and I when and if we need it for fast relief.
It's basically an expensive form of apple cider vinegar, mixed with other secret "AMISH" shit, which probably isn't all that much different than pickle juice. Considering PJ can be a cooking substitute for vinegar, similar I guess.
Never tried pickle juice, I read you drink 2-3 ounces.
This is more concentrated so one small capful straight or mixed with 2-3 oz of water, but it's got a kick and doesn't taste good at all.

After testing it and finding it provided rapid relief, I bought it in bulk on Amazon, saves a lot over single bottle purchases.

Lotoguy

Reaction score
You can also put it in a shot of tequila. Called tickle shots. Really good.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
anybody try apple cider vinegar?

As I mentioned earlier a couple tablespoons of vinegar will work. Doesn't necessarily need to be apple cider vinegar.

The vinegar in the "pickle juice" is what is helping the cramps.

Ask any wrestler that's had to cut weight😉 my dinner would be cucumber slices marinated in vinegar

v6toy4x

Reaction score
My wife runs ultra marathons, and always drinks pickle juice during races. It always works for her. She always pours it out of a jar of pickles, and not a product like that.

I will ask if she knows about the bottles like that.
So I have been drinking it from thr jar but I don't eat the pickles fast enough, so I thought i would see if the made just the brine. I am shocked how many people have had experience with this. When our friend told me about it I figured it was just an attempt to get me to drink it! I had never heard of it.