WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pickled Egg Recipe? Needed!

Shark242

Schiada noob
Reaction score
Anyone have a killer Pickled Egg Recipe? There are a thousand on the internet, But I would like some personal experience recipes...

teded

Reaction score
by a big jar of pepperoncinis leave a few in the jar drop in a dozen hard boiled eggs. you can add hot sauce or what ever, let them sit in that for a few days. easy, the longer the better

charlyox

Reaction score
Here you go.....

8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1 (12 ounce) jar yellow chili peppers
2 tablespoons pickling spice
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/2 scant cups water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon tumeric
2 teaspoons salt
Mix all ingredients except eggs together in a glass jar with tight-fitting lid. Put peeled eggs in liquid. Don't refrigerate. Keep eggs in sealed jar at least two days before using. May refrigerate after two days. The marinade may be used several times; just add more egg. All you need now is a cold beer to chase em down. Enjoy!

Howardflat

Bad MFer
Reaction score
I just did a batch, I think they came out good. I used vinegar pickleing spice, dill weed, red pepper seeds, diced onions, garlic cloves which are great eating, minced garlic. the albersons at my place had cheap spices in the mexican isle. I just grab what looked good. hardboiled the eggs put them in a jar. then boiled everything else in the vinegar with 10 serrano, 15 jalopeno, and 8 habenero peppers. I wanted them hot! Dumped the boiled mix on the eggs in the gar then sealed it. tryed them a month later and they taste pretty good. although not spicy. the eggs just didnt take the spice. the jalopenos are great tasting. Someone told me to tahe a tooth pick and poke it through the eggs. might try that next time. Here is what I based mine off of.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/79/PickledEggsWithJalapenosH64227.shtml

Gelcoater

Reaction score
With all the hard boiled eggs around here now,this might be a good time to play with these recipe's:thumbsup

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Whenever we empty a jar of pickles I save the juice. boil some eggs. add some garlic salt, chili oil or tapatio (or both), Pepper, minced garlic to the jar drop the hard boiled eggs in and let them sit for at least a day. simple and delicious. :D

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I just brewed up some more.:thumbsup I use one of the large Ball jars because 18 eggs fits perfect. In a sauce pan I put some water and McCormicks pickling spice and let it simmer. Get a jar of some peppers you like. I used I think Patas but I will use Embassa jalapenos next time. Just dump the jar and juice in. Put the spice in then the eggs. Top off with water so the eggs are covered. Make sure and mix it up, let set like three days then have at it. I do stab the eggs carefully with a fork but like said maybe a toothpick would be better;)

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Fresh batch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 90