WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pickup aftermarket rims: what's the latest info?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Going with a Carli Leveling kit on the Furd. Looking at Fuel/BMF/RBP so far

Any other co. alum. rims you guys have had good luck with?

I was told Fuel is sons of American Racing rims, BMF is the old Weld rims (bought out), and LRG is owned by Pro Comp/4 wheel parts

Been out of the shopping for wheels since 06', had XD Hoss' last time.

D

Deleted Account

I'm running Methods, nothing too fancy about them though.:) My last set of Weld Wheels I had on my Ford kept getting hairline cracks and leaked air...

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I have had great luck with my KMC XD. The hoss have been discontinued but dezertrider just got the wheels that replaced hoss on his truck.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
thx guys. I had good luck with the hoss , sorry to hear it went. method is really taking.off,
im definitely going.with 3600k lb weight.rating.that some of them have:thumbsup

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
It really depends on your use.
Street driving, off road (and how aggressive off road), towing/heavy towing, etc

For a street truck, you can almost just go by what looks good.

What shocks/springs you going with for the Carli stuff?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
It really depends on your use.
Street driving, off road (and how aggressive off road), towing/heavy towing, etc

For a street truck, you can almost just go by what looks good.

What shocks/springs you going with for the Carli stuff?

I"m going with forged for sure from strength, you guys posted that in the older thread I had here last winter.
I need the weight rating both for the TH (around 14k lbs. loaded), and more importantly when I tow the skid steer at 14k lbs as well.
Really want the Pintop/rear spring pack. I can't do the Carli air bags with the leveling kit so just using the Firestones. I'm waiting to hear back from your contact, thanks again for the info. by the way.

I considered doing the commuter Bilsteins for a year, then selling them and going with pin tops but will most likely bite the bullet and do the pin tops. Also considering 18" rims as the sidewalls on the Toyo Open Country M/T's are pretty stiff, might get a little better ride with taller sidewall. Won't look as "cool" but it's all about ride for the wifey (have to justify it right;)).

If the Mrs. didn't want to go back to Glamis, I'd run stock for awhile at Ocotillo/hardpack. No way in hell I'm rolling into Gecko with pie cutters and my pull sled/er, toy hauler!

Last edited:

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I've had very good results with Colorado Customs wheels.
They make.them to your spec.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Method's are clean, strong, light and well priced. I run Weld's. Have had Kmc also. Avoid Pro Comp garbage. Looking at them funny they scratch and fade.

Joepump

Reaction score
I went with Fuels. I went with 20?10. The dish with the 9's weren't deep enough. I have a 12' Ford F350 with a leveling kit. 35's fit nice. Had everything done in La Habra. They even bought my stock wheels.

Attachments

• IMAG0370.jpg
    IMAG0370.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 108

pronstar

Reaction score
Right on...have you spoken to Pat or anyone from the shop yet, or are you waiting for a call back.
I can also put you in touch with a local distributor i know (CJC Offroad) if you're having trouble gettin thru to Carli's shop.

If youre looking for forged wheels, methinks your selection is going to be somewhat limited. I think only a small handful are available, most are cast. That's the main reason why I stuck with my factory Dodge wheels - they're forged and bulletproof.

A taller sidewall definitely makes a difference in ride quality. It all depends on what will fit. When you talk to the Carli guys, ask what wheels are on Sage Carli's personal truck. I've had that truck for a few days, the ride is absolutely amazing with 37" Toyo MT's. I just can't recall if he has 18's or 20's.

IMHO buy the shocks once, and get the pintop 2.5's.
You won't be dissappointed. The progressive leaf pack also makes a good difference, but that can be upgraded down the line.

Their long travel leafs are great, but you have to get the 4.5-inch lifts on the Fords to use them. Firestones will be good, if you get Daystsr airbag cradles if you want to off-road your truck a lot.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If Sage has the red one in the video, those silver ones are 17's like mine. I'm getting the progressive leafs, was considering doing bilsteins, then going Kings in a year, but the $1400 difference might be worth a one time deal. Thanks for the Daystar info. I'll make sure to get that.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I went with Fuels. I went with 20?10. The dish with the 9's weren't deep enough. I have a 12' Ford F350 with a leveling kit. 35's fit nice. Had everything done in La Habra. They even bought my stock wheels.

I'm guessing Salinas Tires?

I can't think of who else is still in La Habre that does wheels any more. Nice truck BTW.:thumbsup

Enen

Reaction score
I'm guessing Salinas Tires?

I can't think of who else is still in La Habre that does wheels any more. Nice truck BTW.:thumbsup

Not sure if you got your wheels yet, but Ricky from Maxed out Marine is connected with American Force Wheels. He hooked me up with the wheels on my truck.

Ultra28

Reaction score
Not sure if you got your wheels yet, but Ricky from Maxed out Marine is connected with American Force Wheels. He hooked me up with the wheels on my truck.

I'm saving my pennies right now for some American Force wheels. Hopefully I'll be ready for some by summer.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Jimmy thr owner of American Outlaw wheels has a house in the Springs....

NicPaus

Reaction score
Just got some DPR wheels with Toyo AT2's. Friend has a shop here in Torrance and hooked them up.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
After.still not.getting rims, and the.fact.desert seaon is over for me, just putting the stuff on a 2015 this summer, going to guinea pig.the new bigger garrett turbo:D

JD D05

Reaction score
I'm saving my pennies right now for some American Force wheels. Hopefully I'll be ready for some by summer.

IMO they are the only way to go...I have had a few sets.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So here I am 6 months later/lol.

Looked at all the leveling kits, really liked the Carli set up. Then bro in law scored a CST 4" leveling kit for $300 bucks new. Was too good an offer to pass up. Picked up 5 rims for $75 each (Method Double Standards-3600 lbs. each), Bilstein 5100's fronts for $70 each, 5160's in rear for $150 each. Did 17"'s as I can get the 35"Toyo M/T's for $250 a pop (nice!) I'll passed on coolness of bigger rim for savings down the road.

Adding Deaver Add a packs to rear next week. Will do the AMP power steps in June. 1000 miles in, rides as good as stock, I knew CST did a good Chevy kit, this Ford kit is great for roads, basic off roading. Could not beat the price for everything much less than retail. And props to my bro in law for free install!

IMG_0951.jpg
IMG_0950.jpg
20140406_134811.jpg
Son approved!
20140412_073949.jpg

Will get that rear leveled up with the springs, sags like a wet noodle with the toyhauler hooked up /lol!
20140412_073908.jpg

pronstar

Reaction score
Look like you scored...congrats! :thumbup:

Hammer

Reaction score
Just started Looking for a set of 17's for the power stroke . I like the rims you chose they look good on a white truck .

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Just started Looking for a set of 17's for the power stroke . I like the rims you chose they look good on a white truck .

I looked at a lot of them.
Methods are affordable even at retail and hAve proven to be strong by many reviews.

These are double standards the nv s are popular too