WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Piece Of Top Fuel History

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I remember doing the math in the mid 90's...pipe dream kind of thing. In a pro fuel class, after entry, fuel and misc. costs, your first pass would be about 6k...That is assuming all parts were already prepped and paid for, and the rig was there and crew didn't eat...and also slept in the trailer. Now, as the passes get better, you do more of them, parts break, clutches wear...big money game.

Still dreaming, someday going to build something on methanol just to throw 15 or 20% in...I get teary-eyed just thinking about it:rolleyes:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I remember doing the math in the mid 90's...pipe dream kind of thing. In a pro fuel class, after entry, fuel and misc. costs, your first pass would be about 6k...That is assuming all parts were already prepped and paid for, and the rig was there and crew didn't eat...and also slept in the trailer. Now, as the passes get better, you do more of them, parts break, clutches wear...big money game.

Still dreaming, someday going to build something on methanol just to throw 15 or 20% in...I get teary-eyed just thinking about it:rolleyes:
...Go for nitro at least 90%... first time I ever ran with 98% it was an eye-opener...:eek:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
...Go for nitro at least 90%... first time I ever ran with 98% it was an eye-opener...:eek:
Clears your sinuses:p
I'd love to do an old slingshot...light enough to hang in the corner of the shop for storage;)

rush1

Reaction score
I remember that car well at OCIR always wished they were able to sort it out