WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pilots getting 'Rusty' during Covid 19

spectras only

Reaction score
Great news for air line travel, lol

Airline pilots say COVID-19 to blame for feeling 'rusty,' in-flight errors

nameisbond

Reaction score
Its going to worse in Canada. With the new travel restrictions. Most of our airlines have laid off the majority of their pilots. Air Transat all their routes are restricted, so they laid off all their pilots and flight attendants.

530RL

Reaction score
Covid has really disrupted things.

The FAA is struggling to meet deadlines with STC submissions, medical waivers and has extended some training deadlines.

In May we were shooting IFR practice approaches to Sky Harbor in single engine recips as the tower was bored.

Used to be really hard to find a second pilot for private operations in a mid size jet to meet insurance requirements, now it is easy.

It is definitely busier today but still way down.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Oh part of the new Canadian rules, the gov has banned flights to warm places. To discourage vacation travel. Glad I don't own any airline stock!

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Seems like more of a slow news day... Nothing to see here.. Move along..

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
My neighbor at the river is a pilot, he has been getting paid to sit on the boat for the last 9 months. He said he will need at least 30 days training to shake the rust before he is allowed to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
My neighbor at the river is a pilot, he has been getting paid to sit on the boat for the last 9 months. He said he will need at least 30 days training to shake the rust before he is allowed to fly.
Sure hope he’s not a passenger airline pilot. 😳