WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pilots license in Parker/ havasu?

Wbinder

Reaction score
Anyone know of a school or instructor to help obtain a private pilots license in the Parker havasu area?

Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
There is one out of Havasu, but when I called they dont have any training planes, you would have to have bought or rented your own.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Anyone know of a school or instructor to help obtain a private pilots license in the Parker havasu area?
When you say “school”, are you looking for ground instruction too?

Do you have a specific aircraft in mind? Cessna, Piper, ultralights, etc…

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I trained in Havasu with my own plane. My instructor was out of Phoenix but had a place in Havasu. Training there is awesome. You get a lot of practice and when learning it is nice to get the repetition.

Brian Schultz is a great instructor based on field. I have flown with him a few times and also he is a DPE (FAA examiner). He tested me on both my PPL and instrument rating. If he is your instructor he cannot test you but you will be prepared.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
following...wanting to do this if we have to spend summer and fall in havasu.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Too bad you guys didn't inquire about this while I was off work for a year and just hanging out in Havasu. I've had my CFII/MEI for over 20 years.. Now I'm back to work though, so I wouldn't have any time.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Too bad you guys didn't inquire about this while I was off work for a year and just hanging out in Havasu. I've had my CFII/MEI for over 20 years.. Now I'm back to work though, so I wouldn't have any time.
The Pilot I trained with for my instrument during covid shutdowns is a pilot @ Southwest. It was a great experience and worked out better financially for me.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
So who wants to be the one who tells us all about fractional ownership on a plane??

Same as a boat where its a raging pile of shit? Or is it actually a viable option as planes HAVE to be taken care of?? Ill admit that I've been curious.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
So who wants to be the one who tells us all about fractional ownership on a plane??

Same as a boat where its a raging pile of shit? Or is it actually a viable option as planes HAVE to be taken care of?? Ill admit that I've been curious.
The guy that bought my ski boat in HI was a navy pilot...he got involved in some deal like that that didn't go well and they sold their share and bought the boat instead..he gets to fly on the gov't dime anyhow.

WaterMike

Reaction score
I'm in havasu and getting my license by my nephew who is instructing in Havasu. He might be leaving to the airlines in March, so I'm not sure if he is taking on more students at the moment. Jayden 360-875-1175, he can give you guidance on what other decent instructing there is in Havasu. I rent a plane for my lessons out of Havasu.

WaterMike

Reaction score
Brian Schultz of Arizona Avation Services did my stage check and is sharp as hell. I dont think he does much of VFR or instrument ratings, just examines for them. He instructs for the higher end stuff currently

Orange Juice

Reaction score

Fractional ownership only works out, if everyone is directly invoked in maintenance.

My first plane was a Cessna 172 w/180hp. It worked great, in the summer mountain airports, two people and baggage. I owned it myself outright for 7 years. I was building a custom experimental/homebuilt.

$225 hangar, $800 annual inspection, $1500 annual repairs (average), 1million insurance, with $60k hull was $600-$720 a year. I flew it 55 hours average over 7 years. Fuel costs vary.

Get the medical before investigating a dime.