WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PINBALL

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
There was a news article on this morning that with the Pandemic/lockdown.BUG. Pinball Companies are working overtime. The younger generation has discovered the enjoyment of a Good Pinball Machine. I always loved the ones made by Bally Co. They always made machines that were in line with the current public interest. There was a "KISS", "Elton John" "Playboy" along with dozens more. I was in Vegas a couple years ago and downtown there is a huge Pinball Arcade that was full of people enjoying the passtime.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It sounds silly, but some of my best childhood memories in Havasu involved visiting a family friend and playing pinball.

Every time we’d come to Havasu we’d stop at his house and he’s have some new slot machine, video game, etc...but for the longest time he had a Gorgar pinball machine. My sister and I would spend HOURs playing that thing. We still stop by to catch up, and he’s still got plenty of games on the back patio, but Gorgar has been replaced by a newer pinball machine.

WildWilly

Reaction score
prices on pinbal machines has sky rocketed over the last few years. I kick myself now about some of the ones I passed up and what they sell for now

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

I’ve always love pinball. My parents collect.... well, you name it. I had a 75 Williams OXO in my bedroom growing up. When I got out on my own I started buying them out of the Recycler paper, fixing them up and flipping them. Mostly the Electro Mechanical games (EM’s are the non digital games pre ‘78 ish) More recently my kids had a come to Jesus with me, let me know my “antique” games are cool, but the newer pins with ramps and stuff are way cooler. We ended up selling all but 3 keepers and replaced them with some later pins (87-01) I still want to add a Stern Munster’s. A buddy of mine has a monthly arcade auction I’ve picked up a few from, along with a few arcade games. A couple older Cruizin Exotica’s that are linked for SxS racing, a Pac-Man and Ms with the 60 in 1 updates.
I’m glad we did it when we did, mostly pre-Rona. With New Mexifornia on constant lockdown, we have kids at our place a lot. It’s nice to know where your kids and their friends are hanging out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildWilly

Reaction score
View attachment 932811
View attachment 932812

I’ve always love pinball. My parents collect.... well, you name it. I had a 75 Williams OXO in my bedroom growing up. When I got out on my own I started buying them out of the Recycler paper, fixing them up and flipping them. Mostly the Electro Mechanical games (EM’s are the non digital games pre ‘78 ish) More recently my kids had a come to Jesus with me, let me know my “antique” games are cool, but the newer pins with ramps and stuff are way cooler. We ended up selling all but 3 keepers and replaced them with some later pins (87-01) I still want to add a Stern Munster’s. A buddy of mine has a monthly arcade auction I’ve picked up a few from, along with a few arcade games. A couple older Cruizin Exotica’s that are linked for SxS racing, a Pac-Man and Ms with the 60 in 1 updates.
I’m glad we did it when we did, mostly pre-Rona. With New Mexifornia on constant lockdown, we have kids at our place a lot. It’s nice to know where your kids and their friends are hanging out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to call you a dick only cause I'm pretty jealous of the games and that pretty sweet truck

nameisbond

Reaction score
I had two pinball machines growing up. My house became the hang out for my and my brothers friends. Id like to get a machine or two when I move into a perm house.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I need to get me a pinball or one of those multi game sit down ones like Zig. 👍
Shit, I have a Pachinko machine that has been in my garage forever. Those were cool back in the day.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Love me some pinball. The one in the basement 4 people can play and keeps their scores. We play $1 games. Winner gets the pot. After a few rounds and a few beers the buy in starts to increase and has gotten to $20 a game. It gets real fun and the heckling gets heated lol. I need to get the other one out of storage and get it going. It is newer and had digital read outs. I really enjoy the old school vulcan 👍

20201017_202544.jpg
20201017_202615.jpg

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Love pinball. We had one. With 3 brothers and dad - loser had to do dishes. My dad would practice and got good enough not to have to do dishes much. Imy 20's we had Asteroids add a kegerator in our living room!

yz450mm

Reaction score
Not to Sidetrack the thread, but if anybody is looking to get rid of any game room type games, I'm in the market. Real slot machines, pinball, old school arcade games, shuffle board, pool table, Etc , let me know what you got.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Love me some pinball. The one in the basement 4 people can play and keeps their scores. We play $1 games. Winner gets the pot. After a few rounds and a few beers the buy in starts to increase and has gotten to $20 a game. It gets real fun and the heckling gets heated lol. I need to get the other one out of storage and get it going. It is newer and had digital read outs. I really enjoy the old school vulcan 👍

View attachment 932982 View attachment 932983
Nice couch and flipper game.!!

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score

That’s a super clean pin!

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Any info you can share about this auction?
Captainsauctionwarehouse.com He also has a showroom with a Ton of pins, new to old to play. Chris is a great dude, does a bunch for the Spirit Leauge of OC.

SoCalDave

Reaction score

bonesfab

Reaction score
I have always loved pinball. I bought my first one after my divorce. An Earthshaker.. Now I have a Highspeed, a Taxi, and a Last Action Hero. I also have a Ms Pacman with the 60 in 1 update, And a Ivan Stewart Off road game. More shit I collect for some reason. Plus a few slots and video pokers.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I have always loved pinball. I bought my first one after my divorce. An Earthshaker.. Now I have a Highspeed, a Taxi, and a Last Action Hero. I also have a Ms Pacman with the 60 in 1 update, And a Ivan Stewart Off road game. More shit I collect for some reason. Plus a few slots and video pokers.
Holy crap, I forgot about Ivan Stewart. That's now first on my list for the new game room.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
My friend Frankie restores and sells video games and pinballs, I shared this thread with him to see if he wants to get on here and perhaps show some of what he may have for sale.

stoker2001

Reaction score
SO many good memories pre-teens at the bowling alley late 60s early 70s!our goal back then was to find the biggest magnet around and cheat by holding the steel ball in place racking up points and games so we didn't have to use our quarters :p

blownNinjected

Reaction score
If ever in Vegas and wanna stop by (my house) I have over 40 games to share and show off (1930's to mid 1980's). Video, Pinball, Mechanical Pinball and Mechanical Slot Machines, early Soda Machines, 1920's engines, and so much more. I say this because as mentioned above by obnoxious001 I buy, sell, trade, repair and restore anything Coin Operated. You can see my collections and what I can offer at www.scvgames.com.

Thank you.

Attachments

• DSC_8159.JPG
    DSC_8159.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_8162.JPG
    DSC_8162.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_8164.JPG
    DSC_8164.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_8165.JPG