WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pine Flat

HitIt

Reaction score
If you do camp there and keep your boat anchored next to you, make sure your boat is in at least 6+ feet of water when you go to bed. I have seen the lake drop a whole lot overnight and it doesn't come back up until the next year. There are certain areas where the shoreline isnt that steep and dropping 5 vertical feet can change the location of the shoreline by more than 100 feet. I have seen many boats high and dry in the morning and there is no good solution.

When you see the regulars camping there in the summer, it seems like they are anchoring overnight a ridiculous distance from shore. They know!

Kbach

Reaction score
Any campgrounds that can accommodate 40’ motorhomes on the lake? Looked a bit online and there are some “big” spots at Island park but don’t know if you could maneuver a DP in and around them...

rightytighty

Reaction score
Any campgrounds that can accommodate 40’ motorhomes on the lake? Looked a bit online and there are some “big” spots at Island park but don’t know if you could maneuver a DP in and around them...
There are several spots at IP that’ll take a 40 easily and with easy access. But not all. Youll need to reserve those spots . Those are the spots furthest east near the “blue oak trail” . Like 2-4 spots. Not alot.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Well- I see you’ve found your way from the Dam to above Trimmer. Hope you found the houseboat and a slip. Looks like nice water! Jealous while sitting here at work and writing an estimate...

Thanks for the pointers!!!! Very handy!!! I’ll try and find your house boat tomorrow and stash a bottle o wine for ya!

Lumpy

Reaction score
5A1C30CA-A79D-4ED8-88DA-328A7896A1C6.jpeg
1FDD09AC-7238-4450-BAA3-E7CD2A431137.jpeg
C05B0BB3-6CD2-4312-A3CA-A8169F4ED5BB.jpeg

rightytighty

Reaction score
Quit posting empty lake pics!

Or change the name of the thread to Millerton!😂

And make sure to tell everyone about all the stumps and rocks you hit plus the launch ramp drama to get on the lake.

Dammit - you gotta do better than this if we’re to keep this place secret..

Seriously though- I am curious about the hotel? Is it reasonable?

707dog

Reaction score
Pedro is hitting my neck of the woods, no accomodations at the lake shore other than camping or house boat. Th ehouse boat trip works nice, pick up at flemming on one end spend 3 days traveling to mocassin at the other end, fuel up and head back. Nice secluded party cove about mid way. Late summer and some nice islands will pop out we usually do a camp out on the Islands once a year View attachment 1001146

When the lake is really full there is a boat in campsite where the water comes up in the trees you can put your chair out in the water in the shade, drop the ice chestin a tube and tie it to tree you never have to leave your chair if you know what I mean!
View attachment 1001143
we hit Pedro once twice a year for the last 15+ years we will be there labor day weekend, i believed we have boat in camped on that same island as your first picture we used to stay at fleaming but now do moccasin point. A little trippy having cows cruise throught your camp area in the morning...lol

20210514_195632.jpg

707dog

Reaction score
that pine flat is now on my Rader might be making a small road trip to check it out

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
That lake is terrible! It’s so toxic, only one boat braved the conditions. I bet his boat is delaminating on his trailer right now. Stay away!

Looks like a great day Lumpy. I always liked the area towards the back where most boats would just float. Or just east of trimmer launch to the right (heading east) where there’s a wide area. Nice spots to float and enjoy the scenery. Driving Trimmer Springs Rd back to where Kings River enters the lake is a nice drive (as long as you like windy roads).

brgrcru

Reaction score

We always stayed in the overflow at island park. Very primitive dry camping . Follow the water going down.
There is room for a 40'. getting down to camp area, is a white knuckle drive for about .30 seconds , a few hair pin turns.

My parents group started with a hand full of families . At one time , after about 5 years . there are over 25 families wth 15 boats and 125 people and more . Get this all German , Yugoslavs . So singing and dancing started about 3 pm after margarita hour .
Even when us kids turned into teens we were able to have a few Margaritas .

Cheers

rightytighty

Reaction score
So I drove up for the night. Stupid thread got me Jonesin’ and I’m heading to Bako tomorrow morn...
Every fire truck in Fresno county has driven by heading toward Lumpy...(Seriously— Lol)

What are the odds?

Lumpy phone home!!! I’m drinking so I couldn’t possibly drive the 1/2 mile to check...

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...In the 60s Pine Flat was the bomb after the River stated drawing big crowds...My guess would be you probably can still get a cove of your own up past Trimmer???...

Lumpy

Reaction score
So I drove up for the night. Stupid thread got me Jonesin’ and I’m heading to Bako tomorrow morn...
Every fire truck in Fresno county has driven by heading toward Lumpy...(Seriously— Lol)

What are the odds?

Lumpy phone home!!! I’m drinking so I couldn’t possibly drive the 1/2 mile to check...
We were wiped out by the end of the day...don’t know what happened down at the marina last night. Yesterday was a great day! I’ve got a couple cousins coming with boats today...can’t wait to see them. I’ll try and get some drone footage too. Are room is nice...small but clean.
This place is terrible...never coming back 😁

Lumpy

Reaction score
Don’t think she likes this place.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.MOV
    6.9 MB

DavAlf04

Reaction score
We made it out there and had a great day. Lots of boats on the water but not too bad.
20210515_114908.jpg
20210515_125134(0).jpg
20210515_142307.jpg

And look who we found!! Was able to say to lumpy and get a look at his beautiful Hallett.
20210515_150506.jpg

Lumpy

Reaction score
I have to say Pine Flat SUX...its a toxic mud hole and my boat disintegrated in seconds upon leaving.
Got to see my lovely cousins from Reedley...and closed out the last day with the sunset on on the water.

tempImageXQI6Ae.png

rightytighty

Reaction score
Worse than that—- your beautiful Hallett seems to have turned into a Centurion...Gasp! Even I have one of those... Pine Flat Sux!😂

Lumpy

Reaction score
Last one.....