WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pink Taco's Moto Photo Thread...

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
You really get a perspective of how long the race is when you realize you've been racing in the dark for over an hour and the race isn't even half over...

CIMG0992.jpg CIMG0996.jpg CIMG0997.jpg CIMG1000.jpg CIMG1001.jpg

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Not your typical race scene :D

CIMG1002.jpg CIMG1003.jpg CIMG1004.jpg

It feels a little strange to be jumping on the bike to RACE at this hour :headscratch:

CIMG1005.jpg

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuggin A, that looks like a blast:thumbsup. It would be intersting to know how many started and how many finished. How did you guys split up the riding?

We were just doing this deal for fun and since we had some entry level guys on the team we ran the Sportsman class. You can run up to five guys. At first we were just doing a lap at a time but about 8 hours in some of our guys had had enough. Three of us finished the thing out and we were doing 2-3 laps each leg so each guy was on the bike an hour at a time give or take.
This has got to be the funnest way to go out and and enjoy racing with your buddies! No drama, no bs, just you and some friends on an adventure :)

Last edited:

oldschool

Reaction score
Cool. How many bikes can you use? Might have to round up some of my "Over the hill gang" buddies and try this next year.

milkmoney

Reaction score
:thumbsup thanks for sharing. looks like a goodtime..:thumbsup

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool. How many bikes can you use? Might have to round up some of my "Over the hill gang" buddies and try this next year.

You can use two bikes. One has to be in impound at all times... We started with a YZ450 intending to trade to a WR450 for the night time, but we bent up the YZ on the first lap and everyone liked the WR better anyway :D

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a few more pics I've done over the years...

The old YZ... 2007 one of the only Yamahas I've ridden that had a very Honda feel to it...:thumbsup

CIMG0916.jpg

Shawn Kalos at Littletown MX in Tucson...

4 LITTLETOWN (1).jpg 77 & 13 LITTLETOWN.jpg

Some randoms doin it at PMP in Tucson...

347@PMP.jpg 525 BURM PMP (1).jpg FORMATION (1).jpg

Fltplan

Reaction score
Cool thread guys. Glad I stopped back by and caught this one. PinkTaco, great job staying involved in racing all these years. Injuries are the only thing consistent in this sport and sounds like you've had your fair share. Sharpshooter, nice pics too. I'm not much of a track guy, I'm racing D-38 down here just east of San Diego in Ocotillo/Plaster City area. Been having a great time. Started racing a year ago in the novice class, just got my expert bar and I'll be making a run for the 1S plate in 2013. I'm in the senior (40-50) class and it's a very competitive class. There are some fast old dogs out here. Usually our class has atleast 5 people in the top 20 against all age groups.

I've had a good run so far, winning every race that I entered, other than one DNF after crashing and getting run over at the start of a February race. Been running a 250 2 stroke against all of the desert big bores for the year. It's a great bike and caused less fatigue for the 100 mile races, which are the normal length. I decided to finally get a new bike a couple weeks ago, as my fitness is back to something that is competitive in the desert. Here's a couple pics of past races and my new bike(2013 KTM 500 XCW) out doing some suspension testing in the last couple weeks. Next race, this Sunday. You guys take care.

xmas.jpg 360 Speed Limit 100.jpg Monster Mash-71.jpg The Rattlesnake Chase--24.jpg 500.jpg

HBCraig

Reaction score
How do you like the 500 Fltplan? Sick bike.

Did you ever entertain the 450 Factory Edition? Just curious.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Cool thread guys. Glad I stopped back by and caught this one. PinkTaco, great job staying involved in racing all these years. Injuries are the only thing consistent in this sport and sounds like you've had your fair share. Sharpshooter, nice pics too. I'm not much of a track guy, I'm racing D-38 down here just east of San Diego in Ocotillo/Plaster City area. Been having a great time. Started racing a year ago in the novice class, just got my expert bar and I'll be making a run for the 1S plate in 2013. I'm in the senior (40-50) class and it's a very competitive class. There are some fast old dogs out here. Usually our class has atleast 5 people in the top 20 against all age groups.

I've had a good run so far, winning every race that I entered, other than one DNF after crashing and getting run over at the start of a February race. Been running a 250 2 stroke against all of the desert big bores for the year. It's a great bike and caused less fatigue for the 100 mile races, which are the normal length. I decided to finally get a new bike a couple weeks ago, as my fitness is back to something that is competitive in the desert. Here's a couple pics of past races and my new bike(2013 KTM 500 XCW) out doing some suspension testing in the last couple weeks. Next race, this Sunday. You guys take care.

I was starting to think you sold your boat and disappeared. :D

Great shots! Must be nice to win every race you enter. :cool

Post up your next gopro vid if you don't mind. :thumbsup

Fltplan

Reaction score
Not selling the boat yet, but our place is for sale at Fisher's. Looking for a powell boat soon. The 21' Daytona will be going to a good home soon enough I'm sure. :thumbsup

Desert racing is a lot different than track stuff. It works for me as I'm scared of heights that the tracks offer.:D More of a survival type thing with a bit of fitness needed to keep pace for 100 miles. I enjoy it, it's definitely risky not knowing what's coming up and seeing how long you can hold it wide open, but it sure makes you feel "alive" if you know what I mean. And actually, I was incorrect, I've won all my races up until the last race, which was my first as an Expert. I finished 4th in the expert class, which I was really happy with and 6th OA.

Now, HBCraig, about this bike, the 500 XCW. It's amazing. I only bought this bike because one of the guys I race with (in a different class) sold me on it. He told me, "once you ride this bike, you'll never race your 2 stroke again." I told him he was full of shit, but you know, he was right. This bike rides lighter than the 2 stroke 250, no kidding! I know it's hard to believe. The power is phenomenal! Believe it or not, it's 3rd gear starts from a dead engine go. It's like a sling shot to 65mph without shifting (I've only tested this, not tried it on the line yet, can't wait for Sunday). I'm just getting the suspension sorted out. I've changed the springs, but I think the front end is a little unsettled and I've confirmed this with others that have the same chassis. I actually put the front end off my 250 on it for this weekend's race, knowing it's not "right", but better than stock.

I will be keeping my 250, as a matter of fact, it will magically turn itself into a 300 here in a couple weeks with a new cylinder, head and piston and I will set it up for mountain trails in Northern Az (get the picture, Lake Powell, trails in Northern AZ). And my friend was right, I can't imagine racing this bike ever again after riding the 500. Funny thing, you can get the same version of my race bike in the 500 EXC and it's street legal in CA, with very few compromises other than the smog stuff and light signals. It really is a race bike that is street legal, amazing!

As for my videos, I haven't made any for the last 4 races since summer. I don't know why, just been too busy with work, getting back into shape and racing. But here's a link to the guy that has the same bike as me. He's way fast and he knows how to edit videos. Anyone interested in racing should subscribe to his youtube channel. He's pretty much the equivalent of a retired motocross pro, racing Day in the Dirt, Mammoth and Pala on a regular basis. Check it out!

[video=youtube;-5ogj85H9Ds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ogj85H9Ds[/video]

I'll post up here when I want to sell the boat!

Fltplan

Reaction score
[video=youtube;jqAD9gbjIXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqAD9gbjIXE[/video]

The start of the above video, it's good!

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Not selling the boat yet, but our place is for sale at Fisher's. Looking for a powell boat soon. The 21' Daytona will be going to a good home soon enough I'm sure. :thumbsup

Desert racing is a lot different than track stuff. It works for me as I'm scared of heights that the tracks offer.:D More of a survival type thing with a bit of fitness needed to keep pace for 100 miles. I enjoy it, it's definitely risky not knowing what's coming up and seeing how long you can hold it wide open, but it sure makes you feel "alive" if you know what I mean. And actually, I was incorrect, I've won all my races up until the last race, which was my first as an Expert. I finished 4th in the expert class, which I was really happy with and 6th OA.

Now, HBCraig, about this bike, the 500 XCW. It's amazing. I only bought this bike because one of the guys I race with (in a different class) sold me on it. He told me, "once you ride this bike, you'll never race your 2 stroke again." I told him he was full of shit, but you know, he was right. This bike rides lighter than the 2 stroke 250, no kidding! I know it's hard to believe. The power is phenomenal! Believe it or not, it's 3rd gear starts from a dead engine go. It's like a sling shot to 65mph without shifting (I've only tested this, not tried it on the line yet, can't wait for Sunday). I'm just getting the suspension sorted out. I've changed the springs, but I think the front end is a little unsettled and I've confirmed this with others that have the same chassis. I actually put the front end off my 250 on it for this weekend's race, knowing it's not "right", but better than stock.

I will be keeping my 250, as a matter of fact, it will magically turn itself into a 300 here in a couple weeks with a new cylinder, head and piston and I will set it up for mountain trails in Northern Az (get the picture, Lake Powell, trails in Northern AZ). And my friend was right, I can't imagine racing this bike ever again after riding the 500. Funny thing, you can get the same version of my race bike in the 500 EXC and it's street legal in CA, with very few compromises other than the smog stuff and light signals. It really is a race bike that is street legal, amazing!

As for my videos, I haven't made any for the last 4 races since summer. I don't know why, just been too busy with work, getting back into shape and racing. But here's a link to the guy that has the same bike as me. He's way fast and he knows how to edit videos. Anyone interested in racing should subscribe to his youtube channel. He's pretty much the equivalent of a retired motocross pro, racing Day in the Dirt, Mammoth and Pala on a regular basis. Check it out!

[video=youtube;-5ogj85H9Ds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ogj85H9Ds[/video]

I'll post up here when I want to sell the boat!

You moving to Page? Flag?

HBCraig

Reaction score
Speaking of moto, I will be with my boy tomorrow at Milestone MX. I will be in my F150, he is on the KTM 50. If you see him, dont make him wave in the middle of a knack knack. :D

Faceaz

Reaction score
Was at my storage unit tonight - got a bunch of bikes in there. A guy walks up asking if I was interested in a bike, I say possibly. Turns out he has what IMO is the holly grail of Vintage MX Bikes, a 1982 Maico 490 - only thing that could be better would be an 81 w/ dual shocks. Unfortunately no pics yet & he's leaving town for a week tomorrow. But, he says in good condition for $1,600 bucks. Hopefully in a couple weeks I have a cool old one to add to this thread :D

Fltplan

Reaction score
Was at my storage unit tonight - got a bunch of bikes in there. A guy walks up asking if I was interested in a bike, I say possibly. Turns out he has what IMO is the holly grail of Vintage MX Bikes, a 1982 Maico 490 - only thing that could be better would be an 81 w/ dual shocks. Unfortunately no pics yet & he's leaving town for a week tomorrow. But, he says in good condition for $1,600 bucks. Hopefully in a couple weeks I have a cool old one to add to this thread :D

That is a cool bike! Hope you get it. I'd like to have one once I move to AZ and have a nice place to store all kinds of vintage stuff. Merry Christmas....

Faceaz

Reaction score
That is a cool bike! Hope you get it. I'd like to have one once I move to AZ and have a nice place to store all kinds of vintage stuff. Merry Christmas....

You too :thumbsup

Hope all is well. When is the anticipated move?

Still have the K12RS?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Mike LaRocco was riding the 14 bike on the Milestone SX track today and making adjustments.
DSC08085smaller.jpg

There were lot of pro riders testing and practicing and quite a few lookie lous. :cool
DSC08081smaller.jpg

Also met this guy today. :thumbsup

[video=youtube;FUolJ6qMCuk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUolJ6qMCuk[/video]

Hammer

Reaction score
The old man looked good on that old school Yamaha ! Right on !

Isn't LaRocco the team manager for Geico Honda ? Wonder if Windham was there too ? Looking forward to
Aneheim 1 . Doesn't look like they are doing dodger stadium this year ?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
The old man looked good on that old school Yamaha ! Right on!

Ya, he Rick Stout and Donnie Hansen were all going through old cycle news magazines reminiscing old times. Josh was out there too and he looked really fast.

Isn't LaRocco the team manager for Geico Honda ? Wonder if Windham was there too ? Looking forward to
Aneheim 1 . Doesn't look like they are doing dodger stadium this year ?

I didn't see Kevin there but, it's possible. The bikes these guys have are awesome!!!

I'm looking forward to A1. We're going with a group and taking the kids (for their first time). :cool

DSC08083close.jpg
DSC08084.jpg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We set a water service for the milestone probably over ten years ago, and the land just sat there. Then after a year or two it finally opened, but no riders. I figured it was'nt going to make it, but look at it now.:thumbsup:thumbsup

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
We set a water service for the milestone probably over ten years ago, and the land just sat there. Then after a year or two it finally opened, but no riders. I figured it was'nt going to make it, but look at it now.:thumbsup:thumbsup

It was a horse racing facility of some sort previously. The stables are still there.

They opened in 2007 and they have 3 things going for them IMO.

*Great location
*The best beginner track in socal
*The only place with a supercross track

They also recently added another supercross track (in back) that they according to my conversation with Vince Friese lease to Suzuki. I have seen Davi Milsaps around Milestone so who knows...

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score
After looking at Stryder and 1Manwolfpack's Elisinore photos I was inspired to start a thread of motocross and general off-road pics that I've collected over the years. Some of it is stuff of me riding, friends hanging out etc. and some are photos I captured behind the lens. Feel free to add your own photos as this thread is really about my love for all things two-wheeled :thumbsup:cool

You should always start at the begining.... This is me on my first bike, a Honda MR50 Elsinore. Yes, I know my gear was quite advanced....:D

This is my Pops back before I was a glimmer... You can see where I get my keen eye for fashion. This was either B-line or Canyon raceway way back in the day. This was a national race and my old man raced that day against The Man, Roger Decoster....

Enjoying this thread, thanks for posting.

Every time I see Roger's name I can only think of two words: TOTAL DOMINATION.
There was while there when he was on another planet.

Road Atlanta and Burnt Hickory were big back in the day when I was living in Atlanta.
Ran a 250 Penton all over north Georgia during the 70's
before it all got developed. Some of my best memories.

'75, Burnt Hickory :D

Attachments

• Penton1975.jpg
    Penton1975.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 15

jayboat

naplesimage.com
Reaction score

I remember that big sticker on the tanks of those things with the skull and crossbones.
Broken ankles were common result from improper kickstarting techniques. :skull
At least I think it was that one. Memory is kinda foggy on some details these days.

Last edited:

Fltplan

Reaction score
You too :thumbsup

Hope all is well. When is the anticipated move?

Still have the K12RS?

Faceaz, did you ever get that Maico? I'm not sure when we are moving to Prescott, but we'll be buying something up there later this year. Sold the K12RS back in August or so. It sat most of the time, only rode it 2 up. Got some good friends that are looking at getting something for them, we may get something once they do.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Enjoying this thread, thanks for posting.

Every time I see Roger's name I can only think of two words: TOTAL DOMINATION.
There was while there when he was on another planet.

Road Atlanta and Burnt Hickory were big back in the day when I was living in Atlanta.
Ran a 250 Penton all over north Georgia during the 70's
before it all got developed. Some of my best memories.

'75, Burnt Hickory :D

Right on Jay.. :thumbsup

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
It's Moto season people! Went out and hit Canyon MX yesterday for the first time in a long time. Good Times! Post up your riding pics :thumbup:

10106191195_6fa9c7cec7_h.jpg

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a lap at the now defunct Speedworld...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Sweet shot! :thumbup: I'm bummed that I have to miss the Elsinore grand Prix this year due to knee surgery. Keep this thread bumpin for the gimps on hiatus. :)

10106191195_6fa9c7cec7_h.jpg

TEBBY

Reaction score
Here's my boy on the vet track at milestone... He's 12. I love to watch him ride and progress.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381029380380.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381029380380.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 11

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Here's my boy on the vet track at milestone... He's 12. I love to watch him ride and progress.

Great shot! That's my "home" track! :thumbup: I love watching the little guys screaming around (and sometimes past me). :D