WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirate’s Cove

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
no reason to offset costs of boaters. Park Moabi was free until pirates took over the lease and added the fee 2 years ago. before the fee, trash emptied, place was cleaned. With fee, trash full, place is turning into dump.
Not sure what beach you are referring to. But the long beach on the right side opposite Pirates when you come from the river has been a paid beach since at least 2000. Used to be about $5. The rangers would come by and collect the $$$. There wasn't that many boaters on the beach back then. Our dogs loved it there before Pirates was built.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
O.K. Please understand I do not have a Pooch in the if Pirates is Good,Bad Or Ugly. I only asked a question to confirm or not if he pulled in to let his kid play on the Beach and DUMP his garbage generated from items Not purchased at Pirates. San Bernadino State Park I understand was operating and along came Pirates,made a long term lease deal and IMO spent an incredible amount of $'s to attract boaters,campers and possible customers driving there. This operation must take a huge amount of money, time, stress and who knows what else to operate. They are paying someone to do all these things no matter if YOU PEOPLE the paying public are satisfied or not. It is Their deal and they make the Rules. I do not agree on how they operate the place,but I'm not planning on going there, SB County was taking care of the area I assume out of the Park revenue,Boater License Fees etc. But when Pirates comes in pays for the Area, do you really feel they owe ALL boaters Garbage Cans, A Beach, and what ever else some feel that they should?
Just once more here I do have an Issue when someone says we only go there to let the Kid play on the Beach and Dump our Garbage. The way I hear lately Pirates has some problems and may not be open much longer, I can not imagine that. With all the complaints etc. you never know someday if they would Not be open you might just might wish they were back open with all their faults and ?

Singleton

Reaction score
Not sure what beach you are referring to. But the long beach on the right side opposite Pirates when you come from the river has been a paid beach since at least 2000. Used to be about $5. The rangers would come by and collect the $$$. There wasn't that many boaters on the beach back then. Our dogs loved it there before Pirates was built.

that is the beach. seems like it was cleaner back in the days. Never remember paying $5 on a Sunday when we used to relax on it for a few hours

PlanB

Reaction score
The only time we go to Pirates is if people are staying with us. Kind of a cool place, but I don't think the food is all that good. The downside of Pirates is how crowded the water is now North of the sandbar.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I’ve given PC three chances at ordering food. Every time I left underwhelmed. I’ve come to the conclusion that when boating In Havasu I just pack a lunch and go out for dinner when we get the boat back on the trailer. If Pirates Cove made an effort at Food, Drinks, and Service I’m guessing their CPA wouldn’t have walked and they would be swimming in money! Some people just don’t know what they have. That place could be a Gold Mine!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
that is the beach. seems like it was cleaner back in the days. Never remember paying $5 on a Sunday when we used to relax on it for a few hours
Not sure if the rangers showed up on Sunday. But on Saturday they would drive buy in there ranger and collect. Some paid, some hid. They were pretty casual about it. Yes it was clean back then. Not many knew about it or they would rather go to Topock when they had the old bar.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
JUST ASKING!! Damn defensive are we? I always find that when someone gets all Pissy when confronted with a simple question, they do feel Guilty. I have owned businesses and was raised that if you are going to use their restroom or other facilities, BUY SOMETHING. I understand those that do not live by that belief, because it's the way Society is now. Let someone else pick it up,clean it up OR pay for it.

Have a Good Summer.

I now know why you can't type a complete sentence and are pissy all the time. It must be the guilty feelings.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Not sure if the rangers showed up on Sunday. But on Saturday they would drive buy in there ranger and collect. Some paid, some hid. They were pretty casual about it. Yes it was clean back then. Not many knew about it or they would rather go to Topock when they had the old bar.

In 10+ years of going there I think I paid 3 times. 2 times was last year.

Honestly if they had good service, and you could go the the restaurant, buy something, and be served in a timely manner and get your parking "validated" I would have less of a problem with the $20 "fee".

gqchris

Reaction score
I went once to Topock with a group and they went in the pool. 5 hours later and who knows how many pitchers, not one of those nasty fucks got out of the water to take a piss. I asked them all, "You do know that pissing in the river is not the same as a pool?!".

I have pretty much avoided all public pools the last 10 years. And Jacuzzi? Dont get me started on those! LOL

5ddf697fe418b.jpeg

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
It was last season, I don’t remember when exactly but the had everything set up outside and it was windy and all the food was cold and gross.
The reason I mentioned that it was windy is to maybe explain why the food was cold. Maybe it was blowing out the sternos or something. Anyway, besides that time our food and service has always been good at Topock.

USClb41

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that the food is average at best, last year we boated up and had a cabin for a few nights, which was cool, packed in a bunch of our own food. I guess the question remains is if they’ll survive this Covid shit show

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I don't see your point?
[/QUOTE
It’s county land park, that Pirates has a lease on the building. It is still county trash and maintenance aside from the building and rental houses.

He's not using the restroom or any of their facilities. He's simply putting trash in the trash can.
He’s just here for the free popcorn while playing boss because he owned a business 🤦🏼

Meaney77

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that the food is average at best, last year we boated up and had a cabin for a few nights, which was cool, packed in a bunch of our own food. I guess the question remains is if they’ll survive this Covid shit show

I have no doubt in my mind that PC will survive the Covid non sense.

Since this all I started back in March, my family and friends have stayed there for 8 days at a time on 2 separate occasions. And during each of the stays, the store was busy selling $8 bags of ice, and whatever other swag in the store along with all peninsulas being fully booked- most cabins too. Not sure how they flew under the radar but PC was the only campground around CA that remained open during all of this.

I know the restaurant and bar bring in good money but they rake in the dough on the camping at $80/night.

rickym20

Reaction score
Also don’t have a dog in the fight since I only been a couple times but was curious reading this thread. I hope it doesn’t happen cause I hate to see business fail but if they did and have to fold, what happens to the lease? Does Mojave take it back to the way it was and manage land themselves? Or does it get blocked off somehow until a new tenant?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
That place has been a revolving door for the least few months, weekenders leave and there is a line around the corner of check ins.

They revamped there menu last year, twice i think. The food did improve and is decent, at least what I tried. We still dont eat there much, nor topock.

PC will open as soon as they can figure a plan that provides CA social distancing but also allows them to funnel enough people through to make it worth it. Im surprised they haven’t already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Singleton

Reaction score
That place has been a revolving door for the least few months, weekenders leave and there is a line around the corner of check ins.

They revamped there menu last year, twice i think. The food did improve and is decent, at least what I tried. We still dont eat there much, nor topock.

PC will open as soon as they can figure a plan that provides CA social distancing but also allows them to funnel enough people through to make it worth it. Im surprised they haven’t already.

I was shocked they were open for camping, since SB County parks had everything else closed.

Tank

Reaction score
The only time we go to Pirates is if people are staying with us. Kind of a cool place, but I don't think the food is all that good. The downside of Pirates is how crowded the water is now North of the sandbar.

It was cool to get up above the sand bar back in the day and no one was up there and you could run hard without worrying about too much traffic. I always loved taking people that had never been to Havasu before up there and run WFO through the Topock gorge, under the bridge and up a ways. First time you'd blast through the gorge peoples minds were blown. It's still beautiful and cool to see with the no wake zone but nothing like running with a small group at speed through there.

Groper

Reaction score
I was shocked they were open for camping, since SB County parks had everything else closed.
Some RV Parks are essential due to long term leases or rental agreements, I too was surprised that Campland San Diego has been open the whole time.
We have tried PC over the years also and it sucked every time from food to service, keep it.

Rbcconst

Reaction score

Me to. I live by the SB county camp ground in Yucaipa and that closed.

PlanB

Reaction score
It was cool to get up above the sand bar back in the day and no one was up there and you could run hard without worrying about too much traffic. I always loved taking people that had never been to Havasu before up there and run WFO through the Topock gorge, under the bridge and up a ways. First time you'd blast through the gorge peoples minds were blown. It's still beautiful and cool to see with the no wake zone but nothing like running with a small group at speed through there.

Yep, the traffic always thinned out up there. From the lake to the I-40 at 90+ was always a good run.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

Ive done over 90 through devils elbow and over 100 by the 40. In a daytona. Those were the days

hallett21

Reaction score

It’s still a cool place to ski too [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
They have to charge to OFFSET all the boaters that DO NOT spend a Dime there, but DO leave their Trash for them to take care of.

You know =Pack it in= Leave it somewhere.
Hey......the ambiance of a packed channel is what brings people in there, if pirates was "dead" im betting nobody would bother going there. Kind of ironic

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Hey......the ambiance of a packed channel is what brings people in there, if pirates was "dead" im betting nobody would bother going there. Kind of ironic
I think your wrong. Been going there you years before PC even thought of it.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I think your wrong. Been going there you years before PC even thought of it.
Me too, back when you could cram 20 RV on one Peninsula And San Bernardino left the guard gates open after 8pm.....lol

what I’m saying, is people go in that murky channel to hang with other people. If not, you’d just go to one of the other 100+ beaches in that area for solitude

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
O.K. Please understand I do not have a Pooch in the if Pirates is Good,Bad Or Ugly. I only asked a question to confirm or not if he pulled in to let his kid play on the Beach and DUMP his garbage generated from items Not purchased at Pirates. San Bernadino State Park I understand was operating and along came Pirates,made a long term lease deal and IMO spent an incredible amount of $'s to attract boaters,campers and possible customers driving there. This operation must take a huge amount of money, time, stress and who knows what else to operate. They are paying someone to do all these things no matter if YOU PEOPLE the paying public are satisfied or not. It is Their deal and they make the Rules. I do not agree on how they operate the place,but I'm not planning on going there, SB County was taking care of the area I assume out of the Park revenue,Boater License Fees etc. But when Pirates comes in pays for the Area, do you really feel they owe ALL boaters Garbage Cans, A Beach, and what ever else some feel that they should?
Just once more here I do have an Issue when someone says we only go there to let the Kid play on the Beach and Dump our Garbage. The way I hear lately Pirates has some problems and may not be open much longer, I can not imagine that. With all the complaints etc. you never know someday if they would Not be open you might just might wish they were back open with all their faults and ?
It is what it is, deal with it, or don't go there. If they close and take all the trash cans, pack it in, pack it out, and if they take outhouses out, then what? I've only had to use it once, and boy did I have to use it. Or go in the bushes! I would, the wife will NOT! :cool:

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Me too, back when you could cram 20 RV on one Peninsula And San Bernardino left the guard gates open after 8pm.....lol

what I’m saying, is people go in that murky channel to hang with other people. If not, you’d just go to one of the other 100+ beaches in that area for solitude
And now they pay to do it.