WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PIRATE COVE 25' & under HOT BOAT SHOW.

Billy-B

Reaction score
When filling out your must do trips of 2014, you must include this one. Saturday Sept 20th, 2014. If you've never attended this event you will not be dissapointed. Every year it keeps getting bigger n bigger. And if last yr is any indication of what to expect, I can asure you, you will be blown away at the hardware & talent that goes into these boats. Not to mention the cubic $$$$$$.
Art Tate, the owner of PIRATE COVE, along with his staff, go up n beyond in making everybody feel welcome. And what could be better then strolling along the nice beaches of PIRATE COVE, a cold frosty in one hand, a breakfast burrito in the other, looking at birchen river hot rods ?:thumbsup

Hope you can make it out for the day. Show starts at 10:00am & last till around 2 or 3. See ya then. And have a safe & fun filled boating season. Take care, BILLY-B

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Oh hell yes! Hope to make it this year.

westair

Reaction score
This is one event I haven't made it to yet .... I'm planning on making it this year though, hopefully with my Hondo... after seeing the pics from last years, looks like a pretty big deal!:thumbup:

catman

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 34

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
When filling out your must do trips of 2014, you must include this one. Saturday Sept 20th, 2014. If you've never attended this event you will not be dissapointed. Every year it keeps getting bigger n bigger. And if last yr is any indication of what to expect, I can asure you, you will be blown away at the hardware & talent that goes into these boats. Not to mention the cubic $$$$$$.
Art Tate, the owner of PIRATE COVE, along with his staff, go up n beyond in making everybody feel welcome. And what could be better then strolling along the nice beaches of PIRATE COVE, a cold frosty in one hand, a breakfast burrito in the other, looking at birchen river hot rods ?:thumbsup

Hope you can make it out for the day. Show starts at 10:00am & last till around 2 or 3. See ya then. And have a safe & fun filled boating season. Take care, BILLY-B

Well Billy because a few people bitch about a boats size you make is 25 and under, I take the OL to Pirates alot, infact will be there all weekend during Desert Storm. You have a few complainers but what you did not see was the multible messages that I also got from your flatbottm guys thanking me for bringing it to needles and getting a chance to see a different kind of boat. Its a shame a few haters ruin it for all

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Well Billy because a few people bitch about a boats size you make is 25 and under, I take the OL to Pirates alot, infact will be there all weekend during Desert Storm. You have a few complainers but what you did not see was the multible messages that I also got from your flatbottm guys thanking me for bringing it to needles and getting a chance to see a different kind of boat. Its a shame a few haters ruin it for all

Jeff, don't take this personal. This show has ALWAYS been advertised as a 25' and under event. Matter of fact, it was first a 24' and under show but I complained that I couldn't bring my 24'6" Howard so it changed to 25' and under.....LOL.

Just petition changing it to an unlimited deal....

CC

Hammer

Reaction score
Jeff, don't take this personal. This show has ALWAYS been advertised as a 25' and under event. Matter of fact, it was first a 24' and under show but I complained that I couldn't bring my 24'6" Howard so it changed to 25' and under.....LOL.

Just petition changing it to an unlimited deal....

CC

X2 Jeff, this particular show has always been 25' and under. This being a 25' and under show Has nothing to do with you being at the Needles show.

See you at DS :thumbup:

jeffymurray1957

Reaction score
Why let them go that far.....fuck it....make them restricted to the channel.....no lake OR river rights....

:D

You must be talking about the DCB's they never leave the channel. Funniest thing I heard two weeks ago. a film company in los angeles needed a red large cat for a one day shoot in marina del ray and they were going to use the OL but needed an open cockpit. They contacted DCB about their 41 red (OFFSHORE) cat and were told that they would not put the boat in salt water. Now let me say this, I heard this second hand and maybe its not true but to me a 41 ft boat needs some salt water some of the time and when I heard about this it really made me laugh

JBS

Reaction score
You must be talking about the DCB's they never leave the channel. Funniest thing I heard two weeks ago. a film company in los angeles needed a red large cat for a one day shoot in marina del ray and they were going to use the OL but needed an open cockpit. They contacted DCB about their 41 red (OFFSHORE) cat and were told that they would not put the boat in salt water. Now let me say this, I heard this second hand and maybe its not true but to me a 41 ft boat needs some salt water some of the time and when I heard about this it really made me laugh

I don't think so Jeff. They test in San Diego bay all the time

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Jeff you can ride in my Schiada with me.. It's big enough to fit a Cooler and a few good times.. :D

No reason to break out the howitzer if a BB gun will do..

Billy-B

Reaction score
I would agree with you on that. again I was told that by someone involved with the shoot
Like your post here Jeff. You were told that by someone 2nd hand. The show has always been this way. Here's my beef with the big boat owners. Not all of them of course. But what I seen /been around on the river is a total lack of respect for us smaller boat owners. Either that or pure stupidity. On several occasions I have witnessed the bigger boats almost sink us while floating. And damn near take out several boats anchored on the beach when trying to turn a 36ft cat by the Needles bridge. Way to scary. With that said, I decided to ask PC about doing the show for just us smaller boat guys. You guys have all summer to show your equipment in the channel in LHC or PC channel. Can't you give us just this one weekend?