WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirate Cove: Flexible Pricing or ..., What's Going On?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, launch was 15 I think end of last year. It was 20 two weeks ago. Apparently, the past few days it had been 35! Some people complained, were told it was "corporate" trying something. Last night wife said some FB people were saying they heard you could show your slip and get a refund for the over charge. Now I have no clue what the pricing is. Wonder if I should quit sending my 12yo in with the money, and do it myself next week to find out what the pricing really is now?

I miss the days of just being able to buy a pass.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We Americans have a choice to not use such businesses
Yep, I'm just wondering wth is going on though. At 35$, I'll launch at Topoc. We are on the water early, so parking isn't an issue. I just like seeing the stuff in the channel when we get off the water in the afternoon.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
So, launch was 15 I think end of last year. It was 20 two weeks ago. Apparently, the past few days it had been 35! Some people complained, were told it was "corporate" trying something. Last night wife said some FB people were saying they heard you could show your slip and get a refund for the over charge. Now I have no clue what the pricing is. Wonder if I should quit sending my 12yo in with the money, and do it myself next week to find out what the pricing really is now?

I miss the days of just being able to buy a pass.

$35 to launch. $35 to park in cove if you didn't launch there. Effective Friday. Watched the guys put the signs up
20210701_135436.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well then, Topock it is. At least my money won't have to leave AZ.
That's really some epic BS...but people won't usually remember how greedy they got when things settle down, and they aren't as busy. Maybe they will this time.
I won't need to go back for a while...maybe when I hear they lowered the prices.

DWC

Reaction score
They walked up and i handed them $35. Didn’t want to start a pissing match. I rode in a friends boat so figured it was my part. All good until my wife asked when it bumped up to $35. He paused and handed back $15 and said it wasn’t approved by the county yet?!

702sandman

Reaction score
I was there yesterday and I just paid the $20 to launch…I don’t stop at the Channel so I haven’t been charged the $35 ? I wonder if the $20 launch fee covers the beach parking ? They do always give a band for the boat so I wonder if that covers it also.. I’ve been there the last 4 weeks and only have paid the $20 launch fee

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Well shit howdy...sounds like they don't know which end is up.
20, sure, whatever. I'm okay paying that to launch. I'll have to call this week and see what the price will be next weekend. Seems shady as hell though, signs are up, charging 35$, but handing back 15 when questioned. Not approved by county yet, why do the signs and charge the money? Something seems..."off"🤨

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t get the idea of paying 35.00 to park on a beach? I like Art and the guys at pirates but this seems crazy to me..

I’d hate to be the guy that collects the money getting yelled at all day..

DWC

Reaction score
I don’t get the idea of paying 35.00 to park on a beach? I like Art and the guys at pirates but this seems crazy to me..

I’d hate to be the guy that collects the money getting yelled at all day..
On a good note they have a cc/debit machine to let you pay. :oops:
I wasn’t listening to the other boat owners but no one pushed off.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
We beached up river near the gorge today..had a good time. Decided to go up to Topock....it was busy as shit and both tables by us were there instead of pirates over it this "fee." The waitress in AZ was far more appreciative then the meatheads they have running Pirates now...I thought it was supposed to be scantily clad ladies... 🤣

wishiknew

Reaction score
We beached up river near the gorge today..had a good time. Decided to go up to Topock....it was busy as shit and both tables by us were there instead of pirates over it this "fee." The waitress in AZ was far more appreciative then the meatheads they have running Pirates now...I thought it was supposed to be scantily clad ladies... 🤣
It starts at the TOP

DWC

Reaction score
That’s only for trade shows, events and social media. They don’t understand the cost of keeping customers vs constantly acquiring new ones. I’ve never seen Topock at a single trade show and yet they’re full every weekend. I

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My wife brought up an interesting point: If the fee hike isn't "approved" yet, with their credit card machine were they charging the 20 or the 35?

calkid

Reaction score
Looks like they can do what they want starting on July 1st. Unless the new lease hasn't been fully executed yet.

Attachments

• ATT-REGIONAL PARKS-6.9(1).pdf
    347.4 KB · Views: 52

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Looks like they can do what they want starting on July 1st. Unless the new lease hasn't been fully executed yet.
Looks like the county is bowing out, and the Pirate people have applied to continue operations with the state. Depending on the states mood, it could be interesting. Weird how the pricing all changed and everything is in limbo...

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Only been there once and would not pay 35$ to beach if I was going have lunch and drinks

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
We were up there Saturday. Every spot in the channel was taken but the docks at the restaurant were wide open. It was strange. Didn’t see any signs that you have to pay to use the docks so we side tied her up and enjoyed lunch.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
I wonder if they time their holiday weekend $$ collection time with the clearing of the sandbar at 3pm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk