WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirate Cove Off Road Poker Run 2018

BigMike

Reaction score
I got a text saying registration is open. I did this event last year and I am hesitant to sign up again. Compared to the Topock poker run, the Pirate run was boring to me. It is partially their fault, but I also understand that doing this stuff in CA is a bitch. Not trying to slam the organizers and I realize that last year was their first time, but the registration process was terrible, the course had a 25mph speed limit for a large portion due to the desert tortoise habitat, and the land rush start caused a huge backup at the first card stop. Does anyone have any info on if they are running it the same way or using the same course?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I wanted to do this but the helmet thing kills it for me. I am doing the topock and desert bash. RDP should do one

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
RD will probably show up with some details.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't have any details on the run TPC other than to say if you want to be a card stop again we can. Lol. Other than that I was thinking of maybe running in it this year? I don't have all the helmets etc though req'd for CA off-roading though..

Meaney77

Reaction score
Registered last night and peninsula spot booked!! We had a great time last year and cant wait to do it again!! Hoping for some rain again. IMG_1089.jpg IMG_1072.jpg
0B662000-BE01-456A-9847-73FFBE57DC95.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I don't have any details on the run TPC other than to say if you want to be a card stop again we can. Lol. Other than that I was thinking of maybe running in it this year? I don't have all the helmets etc though req'd for CA off-roading though..

I have the helmets for everyone kids and all. Running the poker run sounds good. Pirates is a nice destination.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We're in and Peninsula spot P2D booked.

Singleton

Reaction score
We are in. Registered the Jeep and Peninsula sport P6D booked :)

Read they are going to limit starts to 10 at a time. Motorcycles/ATV first groups, SXS next set and Jeeps (me) follow everyone else

BigMike

Reaction score
We are in. Registered the Jeep and Peninsula sport P6D booked :)

Read they are going to limit starts to 10 at a time. Motorcycles/ATV first groups, SXS next set and Jeeps (me) follow everyone else

Thanks for the info. Where did you read that? Any word on the course and the stupid speed limit zone?

Singleton

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Where did you read that? Any word on the course and the stupid speed limit zone?

It was on the bottom of the online registration page. Looks like course will go through protected areas again and have spots of 25mph, but does not say how long those sections are. I know last year it was short and really did not bother our group of Jeeps.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
The helmet laws are the same as Glamis correct? If over 1000cc or do all kids even in full sized vehicles need helmets? I haven't done any riding in Ca since new laws came about. My car is a full sized buggy.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The helmet laws are the same as Glamis correct? If over 1000cc or do all kids even in full sized vehicles need helmets? I haven't done any riding in Ca since new laws came about. My car is a full sized buggy.

Should be.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Is there a link to this event? I don't see anything on their web site.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
It was on the front page (right side) when I registered this morning

I saw the sign up sheet, just nothing with details, dates, etc.

What's up with Helmets in a full body car? Windows, doors, etc?

Singleton

Reaction score
I saw the sign up sheet, just nothing with details, dates, etc.

What's up with Helmets in a full body car? Windows, doors, etc?

Run is Jan 27. It is buried towards the bottom of the registration page.

DMV platted Ca or AZ automobiles don't require helmets for kids (I thought). Anything in CA with a green sticker does.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
^^^ what I thought but was trying to be sure of. I have AZ plate, full sized plate, window nets/act as windows, dot windshield etc

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I registered last week, not much info provided and I did not get anything to confirm my "order". Have they sent emails in the past to confirm?

Not super excited at the helmet deal in CA, but I felt like I missed out on a good time last year so I registered, can decide later if I show or not. AZ plated for on and offroad, I'm guessing we be good to go, do they ask for registration and proof of insurance at the event (something a few peeps might need to think about)?

Meaney77

Reaction score
I registered last week, not much info provided and I did not get anything to confirm my "order". Have they sent emails in the past to confirm?

Not super excited at the helmet deal in CA, but I felt like I missed out on a good time last year so I registered, can decide later if I show or not. AZ plated for on and offroad, I'm guessing we be good to go, do they ask for registration and proof of insurance at the event (something a few peeps might need to think about)?

Didnt receive an email however I took a screenshot of my confirmation.

Proof of insurance and registration was required at check in if we were staying at Moabi. Dont think it was required at morning registration but bring photocopies just in case.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Didnt receive an email however I took a screenshot of my confirmation.

Proof of insurance and registration was required at check in if we were staying at Moabi. Dont think it was required at morning registration but bring photocopies just in case.

I did the screenshot too ✔️
Now we just gotta get past this helmet crap, I like our headsets way better than the helmet kits for communication and tunes.

hplavey

AKA JFT
Reaction score
I signed up for this. First time. I will be towing the day of the run.
Who else will be towing in ?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I signed up for this. First time. I will be towing the day of the run.
Who else will be towing in ?

More like who won't be?
I think we all are.

Going to be more entertainment and activities.
It'll be better than last year goes the tales.

natSTR7.gif

hplavey

AKA JFT
Reaction score
More like who won't be?
I think we all are.

Going to be more entertainment and activities.
It'll be better than last year goes the tales.

natSTR7.gif

I get that. I ment for the day as it seems that several people are spending the night

Reactions: TPC

Andy01

Reaction score
I get that. I ment for the day as it seems that several people are spending the night

I'll be driving in for the day as well. Maybe a few of us can get together here in Havasu and roll to the event.

Singleton

Reaction score
I'll be driving in for the day as well. Maybe a few of us can get together here in Havasu and roll to the event.

Roll up then crash either my campsite or TPC's sites before you roll home

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I usually get a half dozen people that show up and roll with us.
I'm on an end spot and should have extra parking .

Dunno if the Riverdave Bobbleheads will be ready yet.

14137027.gif

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Just registered! Bringing a few friends who entered also. Looks like it sold out also, had a buddy miss the boat trying to register a bit ago.

-Bigbore500r + 3.
Rzr xp4 1k

-Bigbhova + 2.
Rhino

-Havasu Lew +3
"Homesearchlakehavasu.com"
Rzr xp4 1k

-Mystery guest #1
Sandrail Fabricators Dominator

-Mystery Guest #2
Sandrail Fabricators Challenger

G. Faulk

Reaction score
We're coming in a few days early.
Do a little embiblin' on the beach.

18313418.gif

18382714.gif

16845325.gif

9038235.gif

18080238.gif

Holly fuck this is a good one. One of these days TPC A Goose bomb or 2 is on me...

I tried to sign up, my not so great of register skills couldn't geter done. And for fucks sake if Andy can do it I surly should be able. But I will keep trying.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Holly fuck this is a good one. One of these days TPC A Goose bomb or 2 is on me...

I tried to sign up, my not so great of register skills couldn't geter done. And for fucks sake if Andy can do it I surly should be able. But I will keep trying.

We can get you a card hand just roll with us. We'll be running speeds over 45 mph probably much faster in spite of the rules.
17603070.gif