WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirate Cove Resort OHV Poker Run, January 27, 2018

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I think the date might have just recently been released for this. I signed up. Anyone else in for this one?

glamis0812

Reaction score
The wife and I signed up with our cars, we plan on doing a lot of riding this coming winter

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
We want to but wearing helmets sucks!

I agree, there are so many places to ride in AZ. I was kinda thinking about the experience tho, I have not done much in that area with my rzr. It's a long way out on the calendar, but I thought it was a limited number of participants too. I figured register now and figure it out later.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I agree, there are so many places to ride in AZ. I was kinda thinking about the experience tho, I have not done much in that area with my rzr. It's a long way out on the calendar, but I thought it was a limited number of participants too. I figured register now and figure it out later.

FYI...
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?174240-Pirate-Cove-Off-Road-Poker-Run-2018

We did the run last year and had a good time. Originally we did the run last year because we all wanted to see what type of off roading is out there. We figured this was a good opportunity to follow a course and check it all out. As it turns out, there is some good stuff! We had a blast last year and looking forward to do the run this year.

hplavey

AKA JFT
Reaction score
Missed it last year. Going to go this time.
Looks to be a good ride.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I looked at getting a cabin, wife said we could drive back to havasu. She has no dea how long of a day this is gonna be, but I heard her talking about it and she is excited that we are planning to do it.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I looked at getting a cabin, wife said we could drive back to havasu. She has no dea how long of a day this is gonna be, but I heard her talking about it and she is excited that we are planning to do it.

It wasnt to bad of a day last year. We were driving by 8:00 a.m. from what I remember. And we were back in time for lunch around 2:00 ish... Not sure if they are going to increase the loop or not this year. My group was broken from a rough night prior.

Singleton

Reaction score

Drivers meeting at 8ish and finished by 3 in my Jeep last year. I know myself, TPC, and a few others have camp sites (beach side) so you are welcome to chill with us before heading back to Havasu.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Drivers meeting at 8ish and finished by 3 in my Jeep last year. I know myself, TPC, and a few others have camp sites (beach side) so you are welcome to chill with us before heading back to Havasu.

Yep. Should be plenty of staging room around our sites.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Think i'm gonna do it this year. Who all from RDP is in so far?

1) Bigbore500r
2)
3)

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
We are signed up. A few of thought about making a marathon out of it and driving RZRs from Havasu Landing to the Pirate, running the poker run then back to the Landing, but the 8am start time scared a few off. We'll trailer in and out on Saturday. Looking forward to this.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's sold out if you haven't signed up yet..

I just heard that.. Pretty impressive!

That said I think we will roll out and hang with TPC if the invite is still open. We might tag along on the run or be a card stop (4 or 5 though.. Fuck being # 1 again that was nuts)

RD

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

That said I think we will roll out and hang with TPC if the invite is still open. We might tag along on the run or be a card stop (4 or 5 though.. Fuck being # 1 again that was nuts)

RD

I am gonna trailer from havasu early Saturday morning, hoping to maybe stage truck and trailer on or close to his pad for the day.

Singleton

Reaction score
I am gonna trailer from havasu early Saturday morning, hoping to maybe stage truck and trailer on or close to his pad for the day.

This reminds me, I need to ping RD next week and see if we can get all the RDP?ers camping on the Peninsula that weekend into the same area. I think TPC is at 2 and I at 6.

kiethco

Reaction score
We signed up, no helmets needed, lol.

Attachments

• 2017buggy.jpg
    2017buggy.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 306

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
at what point does the pirate send an email confirmation? anyone get anything after registering?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
in preparation for this, I am going to try to get some suspension tuning done. What type of terrain did you guys encounter last year on this run?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

RD
Yep.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I'm signed up and thought I got a camp spot, but just looked and I guess I didn't get a place to camp :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm signed up and thought I got a camp spot, but just looked and I guess I didn't get a place to camp :/

You can camp on any BLM land and drive your toy over to Pirates.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I just pull the plug on this event this year. Kinda bummed but we have been on the go alot lately with other trips and need some downtime at home to catch up on a few things. Not to mention my wallet could use a little break!!

Looking forward to pix and how this years events go.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
in preparation for this, I am going to try to get some suspension tuning done. What type of terrain did you guys encounter last year on this run?

It’s mostly hardpack some sand, the razorbump and washboards are gnarly these days out there. I’d set up soft even tho there’s a bit of G-outs just plan to roll those easy.

Needles desert i set real soft in my car but run a higher tire pressure then normal (28 vs 18-20)

Meaney77

Reaction score
It’s mostly hardpack some sand, the razorbump and washboards are gnarly these days out there. I’d set up soft even tho there’s a bit of G-outs just plan to roll those easy.

Needles desert i set real soft in my car but run a higher tire pressure then normal (28 vs 18-20)

X2... I run 20 lbs in my tires and it helps.

We camped at Pirates over New Years and the braking bumps and washboards are out of control these days. Make sure your nuts and bolts are tight with loc tight!! Driving over some of the terrain makes you feel like your car is going to fall apart.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

We camped at Pirates over New Years and the braking bumps and washboards are out of control these days. Make sure your nuts and bolts are tight with loc tight!! Driving over some of the terrain makes you feel like your car is going to fall apart.

My car is 3200# i gotta change a ton in the 3.5 5tubes or feels like your teeth and spleen are both going to fall out. We call it “rzr bump”

Singleton

Reaction score

Not what I wanted to hear. I will go down to 18lbs in the Jeep and everything will be checked hopefully before and after the event. Have a few TH updates to complete before so running out of time for the Jeep.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I have not had time to do any tuning. So we will drop a couple pounds in the tensors and dial up our soft ride. Maybe just go faster over the top of everything that looks to be bouncy... :)

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
My car is 3200# i gotta change a ton in the 3.5 5tubes or feels like your teeth and spleen are both going to fall out. We call it “rzr bump”

Yeah, these RZR's make these little stutter bumps in the soft stuff and washes. Too small for the suspension to really work. Sucks when you gotta pee!

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
excited to ride... we will be trailering shortly after 6am from Havasu.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Yeah, these RZR's make these little stutter bumps in the soft stuff and washes. Too small for the suspension to really work. Sucks when you gotta pee!
That's for sure.
Can be murderous.
It's why we take so many pee stops.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Who is still in?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We're rolling in Thursday morning.
Rain or shine.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I’ll be rolling into camp at about 2 this afternoon.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We’re in the Cul de sac D2 on the beach.
Get dialed in for the poker run Fri at the shirt shack at the main bar.