WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates cove cabins on fire?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Those cabins stick built or some sort of modular? Pirates response looking like 2 weeks up & ready.

DWC

Reaction score
Those cabins stick built or some sort of modular? Pirates response looking like 2 weeks up & ready.
Not in CA and definitely not on river time. Tear down is easy. Permits and labor, no chance. They couldn’t drop a modular and be back in business in a month.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Not in CA and definitely not on river time. Tear down is easy. Permits and labor, no chance. They couldn’t drop a modular and be back in business in a month.
Correct,good point Ca. just getting inspectors out from Barstow or wherever major accomplishment.

Reactions: DWC

Icky

Reaction score
Correct,good point Ca. just getting inspectors out from Barstow or wherever major accomplishment.
I would imagine they wanted the eyesore gone for this next weekend. Also there's probably some safety factor with having all that crap laying around and guest next door.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Somebody was trying to reheat a $20 chicken strip from the restaurant, it was so dry it combusted and took out a wallet and 2 cabins before they got the hose on it.

Thank god no boats were on the beach in front, that $35 fee saved lives

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I believe they are modular. I’ve seen them (or ones that look just like them) on a truck, on the 40 before.

The entire new hotel at Topock is modular as well.

Ladsm

Reaction score
If Pirates could find some more of the Modular homes already built ready for sale they could pull the burnt ones out in a couple days and back news ones in and hook the utilities back up pretty fast.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm just surprised that Pirate's management thought that putting BBQ's under an overhanging deck was a great idea.

Years ago had a buddy who's neighbor decided it was a good plan to BBQ bacon over an open flame.
Not only caught the BBQ on fire, burning it up, but the breeze also carried the flames to my buddy's adjacent deck, melting the shade / privacy screening and scorching his deck facia board.
Not a real surprise considering this was the same ass-clown that thought it "Drunken" smart to use a dura-log to start his briquets after he ran out of lighter fluid. That smelled real nice wafting across at deck level. 🤢

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm just surprised that Pirate's management thought that putting BBQ's under an overhanging deck was a great idea.

Years ago had a buddy who's neighbor decided it was a good plan to BBQ bacon over an open flame.
Not only caught the BBQ on fire, burning it up, but the breeze also carried the flames to my buddy's adjacent deck, melting the shade / privacy screening and scorching his deck facia board.
Not a real surprise considering this was the same ass-clown that thought it "Drunken" smart to use a dura-log to start his briquets after he ran out of lighter fluid. That smelled real nice wafting across at deck level. 🤢
Wonder when the grill was last cleaned.
Built up grease in a BBQ can flare up easy if you are not paying attention

Taboma

Reaction score
Wonder when the grill was last cleaned.
Built up grease in a BBQ can flare up easy if you are not paying attention
I admit to not being familiar with Pirates Cove, never been there. Being a fully certified "Contrarian Boater", I boat in the opposite direction of the masses.
I tend to think the BBQs I saw in the cabin pictures are property of Pirates Cove and provided as a service. That being the case, I doubt those BBQs get much love or attention.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
It's taken me 6 months to rebuild a burnt patio of a mobile home. Couldn't imagine a full tear down / rebuild

Last edited:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
The beach in front of these cabins will now be discounted…

PaPaG

Reaction score
It should be fairly easy for them to disconnect, put some tires on them and move them to their storage for teardown/destruction, clean site, repair or replace any supply lines for power, water, sewer, then bring in some new park models place them in their lot and build the 2nd story as they did all of these then move them to the mobile site. I saw them do the entire build and placement when we had a place in Moabi for years. As for permits, PC owner has some work arounds for easy permits that is for sure, if individually owned units they will have a tougher time but he may help speed it up. Either way if these were privately owned I feel very bad for the owners losing a vacation place that they worked hard to buy.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I would imagine they wanted the eyesore gone for this next weekend. Also there's probably some safety factor with having all that crap laying around and guest next door.
Just the smell alone would drive people away.

blueflaminhot

Reaction score
Drove by yesterday, not much left of the cabins on the beach.

IMG_6274.jpeg

NicPaus

Reaction score
Passed part of 1 on Rice rd yesterday. Unless it was going somewhere else. Maybe going to outlaws of Sundance to be listed for 400k.