WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates Cove / Park Moabi

RCDave

Reaction score
anyone have the contact information for the owner of Pirates Cove?

I just received one of the worst customer service experiences, reservations was belligerent, no compassion, no reasonableness, unaccommodating

Set to come in for a week this Sunday. The site reserved months ago is occupied by someone that damaged the sewer. They are letting the party that damaged the sewer stay in the site to the end of their reservation.

They are then closing the site, ruining my long planned vacation. Why shouldn't the party that wrecked the site be vacated as they caused the damage? Unreal situation. I've been a regular customer there for over a decade.

Clearly they don't give a shit about their customera

Last edited:

Hypnautic

Reaction score
As soon as Park Moabi turned to Pirates Cove I pulled my loyalty. Introduced by BIL and FIL to Moabi who also stored trailers and boats there. Used to keep my trailer there for over 15 years. Pulled everything and they soon followed. Would spend 6-8 weekends there a season.
I told Art, when Pirates was starting to manage the camping, that he ruined the park and river for many and we would never come back.
I can tell you he sets their customer service expectations so the level of service you experienced does not surprise me.

RCDave

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

I've overlooked the horrible service due to the beachfront camping location.

Spent thousands there over the years. Been a model citizen that leaves the sires better than I found them.

They call barely a day before we are set to leave. They could easily let us use the site. I don't need the sewer hookup.

Pleaded. Begged. Offered to pay double. No dice......

calkid

Reaction score
As soon as Park Moabi turned to Pirates Cove I pulled my loyalty. Introduced by BIL and FIL to Moabi who also stored trailers and boats there. Used to keep my trailer there for over 15 years. Pulled everything and they soon followed. Would spend 6-8 weekends there a season.
I told Art, when Pirates was starting to manage the camping, that he ruined the park and river for many and we would never come back.
I can tell you he sets their customer service expectations so the level of service you experienced does not surprise me.

We miss Dick and Shirley Dahn the most.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
My friends are staying at site 22 and 20 right now. I was there today. They mention nothing. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with them Dave.
The offices for the restaurant and bar are right next to my house here in Havasu. And that’s where the owner is quite often. Again that’s for the restaurant and bar.
Not sure how that’s affected by the camping and state park? Same or separate ?

Good luck.

RCDave

Reaction score
Sad the level of "don't give a shiat" management has at that place....i left a message for management too......Crickets.....

To cancel on me the night before leaving, and let those that damaged the site stay in it until the morning I was scheduled to arrive.....speechless

RCDave

Reaction score
My friends are staying at site 22 and 20 right now. I was there today. They mention nothing. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with them Dave.
The offices for the restaurant and bar are right next to my house here in Havasu. And that’s where the owner is quite often. Again that’s for the restaurant and bar.
Not sure how that’s affected by the camping and state park? Same or separate ?

Good luck.

Thanks so much Paul!!! We almost crossed paths! We were supposed to be in 19.

wishiknew

Reaction score
Fuck them and their over priced ice.

I never eat there, always a diataster at the resturant.

I do like camping there but it keeps getting more expensive
35 dollar margarita bucket with ONE shot of tequila in no more for us thank you

CobraDave

Reaction score
They have to pick employees from the pools
of Needles and Topock.....nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
They have to pick employees from the pools
of Needles and Topock.....nuff said.

Funny, i always think of that every time I’m at either place. You’d think they’d have free dorm style housing for the wait staff at both places. No clue how they hire up.

pavski2

Reaction score
So they didn't offer to move you to another site?

fishing fool

Reaction score
How about stay with no sewer as they work on it? When your tank is full drive out and use the dump.

RCDave

Reaction score
How about stay with no sewer as they work on it? When your tank is full drive out and use the dump.
I kindly asked them, then pleaded with them, then offered to pay 2x the amount for the site. All to use without sewer. No dice

They are letting the people that broke it to stay in the site until Sunday. Then canceling us.

Pirates couldn't care less. They have an almost limitless backlog of campers waiting to stay there. Consequently they really don't care about their customers

Last edited:

fishing fool

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.... Sounds like you need to talk with someone else.

I kindly asked them, then pleaded with them, then offered to pay 2x the amount for the site. All to use without sewer. No dice....and with an arrogant condescending attitude

They are letting the people that broke it to stay in the site until Sunday. Then canceling us.

Pirates couldn't care less. They have an almost limitless backlog of campers waiting to stay there. Consequently they really don't care about their customers

satellitemike

Reaction score
I know it's not the same but you could try palms river resort in Needles, it's clean w most the amenities you need.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
I know it's not the same but you could try palms river resort in Needles, it's clean w most the amenities you need.

Whats it like there? Do they have good spots for class a rvs? Any shade and grass?

satellitemike

Reaction score
Whats it like there? Do they have good spots for class a rvs? Any shade and grass?
They have room for class A coaches. Not much grass other than the dog park. Check them out on line and PM me if you have more questions.

RCDave

Reaction score
I'll definitely check them out. Thanks Mike!!!

fishing fool

Reaction score
When are you going to stay there? My wifes parents are on the water directly across from the keyhole. House with the big blue cover next to the flag,

miracles do happen. Needles Marina has a lagoonfront site available.

Buh BYE Pirates. Fockin looser resort....

PaPaG

Reaction score
I hope I hope I hope...will know tomorrow morning
While getting our place ready up river we had our travel trailer at Needles Marina from November to the middle of April and it was awesome. River front spot for 5 months, great neighbors all around us (they were mostly snowbirds) had a blast. Quiet, clean, great access to everything and most of all the people running the park were great to deal with. My wife liked it so much she wanted me to get another spot there next year for 5 months just to hang out with all the people. PS they have a GIANT Grass area right on the water for everyone to hang out on....if you have dogs don't let them just run around have them on their leashes. Also pick up after them or they get really pissed...watch out for all the duck and bird poop on the grass, they have bombed the whole area lol...

Riverryder

Reaction score
image-2020-05-09-10:04:48-362.jpg

Been here since Thursday’s. @Bullhead bully even flew over my trailer this morning. Or someone with the same exact plane as him. I’m at 3c

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
35 dollar margarita bucket with ONE shot of tequila in no more for us thank you
6 of us, maybe 3 years ago pulled in there, I had never been there and found a table and sat down. I looked at the menu, got up and started walking away. The rest watched and then said where you going. I said NOT here!!!

The look on their faces when they realized they were all in MY boat and I was driving. Have not been back!!

sintax

Reaction score
In all fairness, you really cant compare the resturant / bar to the camping situation. I think i've had "issues" with every situation where I ate or drank there, usually staff related, and usually them disappearing for 30min+

The camping has always been wonderful, and its one of those things I look forward to each year. Super sorry you had a bad time with it, but I kind of understand where they are coming from. They really cant evict the people in there without a whole mess of nonsense, and likely involving the police. At the same time, they HAVE to get the septic fixed, so they bump you, thats the easiest thing for them. Sure they could bump the next guy, but then its the same situation, just someone else is involved. To them its the same, so they just scheduled their work, and bumped you.

Sometimes life sucks, this summer has been full of suck so far. The make of a man is how we deal with adversity while remaining dynamic. Getting all bent and turning into an asshole doesnt help anyone honestly, and you just end up looking like a Karen.

RCDave

Reaction score
TlSuper sorry you had a bad time with it, but I kind of understand where they are coming from. They really cant evict the people in there without a whole mess of nonsense, and likely involving the police. At the same time, they HAVE to get the septic fixed, so they bump you, thats the easiest thing for them. Sure they could bump the next guy, but then its the same situation, just someone else is involved. To them its the same, so they just scheduled their work, and bumped you.

Sorry you feel that way.

Thats the problem with this society. Responsibility and consequences have disappeared. Why should someone loose out due to the negligence of another? Instead of pirates doing the right thing to effect responsibility, they choose to call right before they close on a Friday to cancel my reservation.

I know they couldnt care less but consequences result in my money spent somewhere else. I'm excited to spend a wad of cash at NMP. They've always treated me first rate. Piates, not so much