WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates cove today ?

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
With an annual state park pass (which I think is at a ridiculous price compared to a lot of other states) beaching at 3 dunes, steamboat and other camping spots is included.
If we are going to pirates it is probably to eat even though the food there is good but not great. As much as can be spent at the kitchen and bar it is stupid to ask for another $20 on top of that just for access.

If you are going to the restaurant to eat you don't pay

Singleton

Reaction score
How are they taking advantage of people?

How come no one is complaining about the $15 to beach at 3 Dunes, Steamboat...etc??

It is $20!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I bitch because my annual CA state pass and boat pass are not valid at Moabi State park since Pirates took over the operations lease. I have no issue paying state park fees (supports park budgets), however I have issue when pirates raised the price from 10 to 20 this year. Last time (last season) I went bathrooms were closed, trash cans were full, with trash on beach. And to top it off, I paid my $10, but the 4 boats next to us paid zero since they new the employee!

Singleton

Reaction score
I know it used to be that way. The way this thread went I wasn't sure it was still the same.

It is not. Restaurant side = eat/drink no pay. Other side, it is pay even if you take taxi over is how it was explained to me.

TCHB

Reaction score
Next time I go to Ruth Chris in Vegas I will check to see if they charge for parking.
If you are going to the restaurant to eat you don't pay
Are they going to give you a band or pass.

They should cater the food to the boats!!!!! Lots of potential customers.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
People own boats from 10,000 to 1,000,000 if you can afford the gas and insurance and beer for your boat you can afford the 20.00 Who do you think cleans up the mess everyday from the boaters that are pigs. pirates I'm guessing pays a crew to clean the beach so that you can enjoy it. I've never seen so many people complain about something so cheap. How about you pay 0 and one weekend a month you volunteer to clean the beach in the channel. Someone has to do it.
So true. And this situation will never go back to what it once was. We all like to pull up to a clean beach. But, too many boaters are just friggin' pigs.

77charger

Reaction score
I can’t really call it an attraction to me, however before the Pirate was built, the beaches were calm, had lots of room for friends and families. I can remember weekends there being empty. It was a cool spot to have gatherings after having lunch at the old Topock bar.
Recently for me, I stay away on the weekends, might grab a bite during the week just because I am in the mood for the vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We been going to needles since 03 and back then I can it was usually a traffic free ride to sandbar. But once pirates came in area became a zoo. We prob came across 1-2 boats to moabi deal with campers no biggie then a few boats to sandbar. These days

77charger

Reaction score
We have never in 12 years left trash anywhere on the river. It's not that hard.
Exactly we do glamis too take my beers and they all go back in cooler and trash goes back into a bag in boat. Yes I've taken bottles too and never broke one not hard to put empty one back into cooler

DWC

Reaction score
I have no problem with them trying to make money off the beach side of the business. It is a business and currently that side is a drain on the bottom line. My guess is that it’ll backfire on them and it’ll reduce overall traffic. They should focus on fixing their food and service first. Hire fewer models for the social media shoots and take care of the people that come to visit. They could put a snack/drink cart similar to golf courses on the far side. It would make way more than $20 a boat and not feel like a flogging.

Singleton

Reaction score
They could put a snack/drink cart similar to golf courses on the far side. It would make way more than $20 a boat and not feel like a flogging.

That I would support. Same rules as other side (no booze from boat) and have cart girls serving basic drinks. My wife would spend more then 20 at the cart, while I drink my water, propel and whatever else I have to drink that is alcohol free.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
We loved Park Moabi
We hate Pirates Cove.

We used to keep a trailer at Moabi for about 10 years before Pirates. Was nice to be able to drive out with no reservations and find a peninsula site. Then just pay the camping fees in the am with the Ranger. Back then the peninsula sites were like $25 a night and had water only hookups. Now your booking months if not a year in advance. They commercialized it, and in my opinion-not for the better. They ruined that part of the river for us.

Riley1

Reaction score
People own boats from 10,000 to 1,000,000 if you can afford the gas and insurance and beer for your boat you can afford the 20.00 Who do you think cleans up the mess everyday from the boaters that are pigs. pirates I'm guessing pays a crew to clean the beach so that you can enjoy it. I've never seen so many people complain about something so cheap. How about you pay 0 and one weekend a month you volunteer to clean the beach in the channel. Someone has to do it.
Not all boaters are pigs. And certainly not the majority of boaters from this site.
Raider’s fans who are on a boat on the other hand tend to be pigs. Also Raiders Nation in the desert or having a snow day all tend to be pigs.

We taught our kid to always pack it out. When he sees someone litter, he says “If you leave your trash at the lake (Mountain, desert) you are the trash of the Lake (Mountain or desert)”

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
With an annual state park pass (which I think is at a ridiculous price compared to a lot of other states) beaching at 3 dunes, steamboat and other camping spots is included.
If we are going to pirates it is probably to eat even though the food there is good but not great. As much as can be spent at the kitchen and bar it is stupid to ask for another $20 on top of that just for access.
Geezus. An annual pass is $200. Costs that much to fill a boat with gas. It pays for itself 10x over.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I bitch because my annual CA state pass and boat pass are not valid at Moabi State park since Pirates took over the operations lease. I have no issue paying state park fees (supports park budgets), however I have issue when pirates raised the price from 10 to 20 this year. Last time (last season) I went bathrooms were closed, trash cans were full, with trash on beach. And to top it off, I paid my $10, but the 4 boats next to us paid zero since they new the employee!
Brother, I haven't paid to beach at Pirates since 2014.......[emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This thread is so disappointing on so many levels..........got people bitching about $20 and others bitching about $200 for a year of launching and any beach on Havasu.....[emoji2357][emoji2357]

Really guys??? Take a step back and realize how petty these complaints are and how fortunate we are to have these great places that allow us all to come together.

Pretty sure I have hung out with more RDP peeps at Pirates, then any other spot on the lake.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I hate to think there are people less fortunate then me that don't get to enjoy the river because of the fees . Not every family that has a boat has deep pockets . That goes for the mountains,desert or water .

USMC2010

Reaction score
This thread is so disappointing on so many levels..........got people bitching about $20 and others bitching about $200 for a year of launching and any beach on Havasu.....[emoji2357][emoji2357]

Really guys??? Take a step back and realize how petty these complaints are and how fortunate we are to have these great places that allow us all to come together.

Pretty sure I have hung out with more RDP peeps at Pirates, then any other spot on the lake.

You read too much into it. I wasn't bitching about the annual fee only pointing out that a, with it the rest of the boat in stops are included and b, AZ is expensive compared to other state park fees. Not a bitch but a statement of facts.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
my tax dollars......

CobraDave

Reaction score

You sound like a democrat

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I have no problem with them trying to make money off the beach side of the business. It is a business and currently that side is a drain on the bottom line. My guess is that it’ll backfire on them and it’ll reduce overall traffic. They should focus on fixing their food and service first. Hire fewer models for the social media shoots and take care of the people that come to visit. They could put a snack/drink cart similar to golf courses on the far side. It would make way more than $20 a boat and not feel like a flogging.
this guy understands smart business

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Not all boaters are pigs. And certainly not the majority of boaters from this site.
Raider’s fans who are on a boat on the other hand tend to be pigs. Also Raiders Nation in the desert or having a snow day all tend to be pigs.

We taught our kid to always pack it out. When he sees someone litter, he says “If you leave your trash at the lake (Mountain, desert) you are the trash of the Lake (Mountain or desert)”
Hey fuck you GO RAIDERS!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You sound like a democrat

Well you obviously need to get to know me better.

This has nothing to do with Democrats vs. Republicans. Its about a bunch of whiners that roll around with $100k worth of boats and trucks on the average, but sit here and bitch about $20. It is disgusting......

CobraDave

Reaction score
Well you obviously need to get to know me better.

This has nothing to do with Democrats vs. Republicans. Its about a bunch of whiners that roll around with $100k worth of boats and trucks on the average, but sit here and bitch about $20. It is disgusting......

So you are suggesting these guys bitch and don’t contribute to the “bottom line”. They are supporting boat builders, boat mechanics, Havasu real estate, gas stations, restaurants, the ice store... etc etc. my opinion is they paid their dues.

DWC

Reaction score
Speaking of Raiders. Our good friends were flying out of Ontario today and ran into this guy. Turns out the Raiders wouldn’t let him use the jet. Southwest from Ont to LV.

893BFBCA-BCEC-4BF5-B2CB-9C5ADEBB6FB8.jpeg
Hey fuck you GO RAIDERS!

CobraDave

Reaction score
I would also venture to guess this big boat owners are more likely in the bar spending money more than the little guy.

Most big boats that are beached that I see in Pirates Cove are empty with people at the bar.

If they want to make money they can make some simple improvements like some have suggested and do a whole lot better than killing the vibe at the beach. Here is the reality. That $20 is going to hurt business. I for one am going to explore more of the river.

I’m tired of getting hit up for money everywhere I beach the boat. From the California side to steam boat to 3 dunes to Pirates.

brgrcru

Reaction score
I'm just so glad, some of you guys, days on the water, is so different , then what we have been doing for 50 years.
Please keep it that way.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I have to work Friday/Saturday, but could get into town late Sat afternoon. I’m in. I’ll even pick up the $20 and park at Pirates.
I am good. No more offers ...but yiu can pay the 20 bucks and give me a ride up there and I can save my money.

I was there today and nobody asked me for money

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Geezus. An annual pass is $200. Costs that much to fill a boat with gas. It pays for itself 10x over.

Joe - I already pay $195 for an annual CA state park vehicle pass (works great for beach parking) and $100 for the annual boat pass. These passes allow me to enter almost any state park with the family with the motorized aluminum beer can. I had no problem paying an addition $10 a weekend to Pirates when asked (was only an addition 100 a year max). Last year pissed me off when I got charged but the group next to us did not and then was told my state park passes were not valid at Park Moabi.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Actually with all this crying on here and the bullshit fees , I am selling my shit box and logging out of rdp.

See you assclowns on the other side [emoji39]

DWC

Reaction score
I am good. No more offers ...but yiu can pay the 20 bucks and give me a ride up there and I can save my money.

I was there today and nobody asked me for money

Perfect, so you’re saying you know someone. New price of $2,480.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Actually with all this crying on here and the bullshit fees , I am selling my shit box and logging out of rdp.

You have a boat?! LOL. Didn't it snow up that way today?

milkmoney

Reaction score
Perfect, so you’re saying you know someone. New price of $2,480.
So reading comprehension is not yore strong side. I try again. No more offers

Free ride to the beach is my offer, that would be in yore sled [emoji39]

Reactions: DWC

USMC2010

Reaction score
Actually its cold and raining in north Dakota [emoji41]

My buddy had over 3 inches of rain at his farm in SE ND. My sister posted a pic of snow about an inch or so in the area but not exactly sure where. Apparently it was cold enough to change in some parts.

milkmoney

Reaction score
My buddy had over 3 inches of rain at his farm in SE ND. My sister posted a pic of snow about an inch or so in the area but not exactly sure where. Apparently it was cold enough to change in some parts.
Gotta love it lol

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

It is pathetic and hilarious at the same time. I think we should feel lucky that we have restaurants and bars on the water. None of them have good food, but it doesn't matter. We are out doing what we love and having a place to stop and chill at is a great bonus.

So many people here that claim to be conservative and support capitalism, but are crying about $20. This business that has been a huge supporter of multiple boating events, is trying to make money, like any other business out there. They will not lose any business over this. If you think that, you are cookoo.

Yeah, the river was different 20 years ago, but it isn't 20 years ago anymore so deal with it. Don't like it.....go somewhere else. There are miles and miles of other beaches that you can hang out on free of charge.

The crying in this thread over $20 and a couple hundred for a year long pass is sad.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
How are they taking advantage of people?

How come no one is complaining about the $15 to beach at 3 Dunes, Steamboat...etc??

It is $20!!

Right? Boating in general isn’t cheap. If $20. Is the cheapest thing I pay for all weekend I’m not complaining.